Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-29-2007, 01:19 PM   #1  
New Beginning, New ME!

S/C/G: 162/133/125

Height: 5'4"

Default New Life, New Beginning, New ME

Yes for all those that remember me, I am back.

I have had a major life change recently and am working on getting my new life on track. I wanted to come here and let all you great ladies that have been there for me during my eating troubles know I am growing and getting better every day as a person.

On March 13 my husband of almost 12 years left me and my kids. No sorries needed, it was something I have wanted for longer than I want to admit even to myself, but I was too weak to speak up. He was controlling and obsessive and I am glad that he is no longer shadowing the person I am and making her a dark person.

I am now working on making SHARON the person she wants to be. I have not binged in 45 days and not purged since late January. My weight is now 138 which is not where I want to be but its where I am for right now.

I have a great man in my life that I have known for 3 and a half years and he is now with me as my new life takes shape. I am thankful every day that he is with me. Every day he makes me feel beautiful and he is my strength on days that I feel my weakest. I could make my new life work without him but doing it with him is the greatest gift I have ever recieved.

My kids are doing great with this change in my life, they knew (more than I thought) about how their dad was so they are fine with him being away from us. They understand that mommy is happier now and thats all that matters to them. They see him every other weekend and they are adjusting happily.

I hope all you ladies are doing great, I have thought of Ellis, Harpo, Kate, and Elizabeth many times over the last few months but with the way things were I just didn't come here to talk. So today I decided to let you kind ladies know. I am back, I am a new person, and I am stronger every day.

Please let me know how you are all doing!
LeaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

back Sharon!!! I'm so happy to see you here again

It's so great you have 45 days! Congratulations. That is awesome!

I won't say sorry about your husband. You seem like you definitely got through it and ended up stronger and happier.

As for me, I've gone through some life changes to -- including for the first time in my life, moving to and living in a city other than my hometown where my family is. It was a rough transition eating wise (because I moved to a complex in the middle of a restaurant palooza -- I literally have at least 100 restaurants on the street I live off of) and the move itself was stressful -- and I was eating on the run a lot. I also had an amazing relationship end -- we ended on VERY good terms, and we're still best friends, so it's been hard to let go of him. But, I am dating again (half-heartedly though). I don't want to get too serious before I decide what I really want. The good news is that after a couple months of just rotten eating -- I'm FINALLY back on plan again -- finally exercising again, and finally feeling better about myself.

I'm glad you mentioned us, because we are all still here, checking in every so often. So, they are reading this, and I'm calling them out -- they don't have any excuses not to respond

Don't disappear again! We miss you!
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:50 PM   #3  
New Beginning, New ME!

Thank you so much Harpo...I wont dissapear again, I miss all of you too!... if I have computer access I will let you all know how I am doing. I am stronger and happier and healthier in mind and body.

You seem to be doing great too! I hope you continue to do well too..... restaurant Palooza would drive me nuts right now, I still love to eat out but just have other things more important in life to worry about!
Old 05-29-2007, 02:01 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Sharon, it's so good to see you again!
You sound so positive, so like Harpo, I won't say I'm sorry about your ex. What a jerk. Good riddance, girl!!
Children are so perceptive. The fact that they "knew" what their dad was like without you ingraining it into their heads says a lot for the kind of mom you are, Sharon.
And I'm so happy that you've got a good man in your life. And even happier that you feel he's a bonus and not a necessity. You are so TOGETHER, girl!!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 07:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 219/211/160

Height: 5"5

LeaLee I'm more of a Newbie on here then Ellis and Harpo, but I wanted to tell you I hear you loud and clear. My controlling, verbally abusive husband got kicked to the curb after 20 years. I WISH I would have had the balls to do it sooner! My kids (5 of them) are fine with everything too. They know I'm much happier (I don't yell as much. lol) and I too have a wonderful man in my life that helps me feel I'm special and worthy of goodness in my life. Weird feeling isn't it?
Things will only continue to get better. I've been w/o him for over a year now and although I have stressful days, my life is calmer and much more happier.
Good for you. You're gonna do great.
reneeks5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:20 AM   #6  
New Beginning, New ME!

Thank you Renee. I really feel that I have made the best choice for me and the kids. The best choice for my life as well. Although its rough I think its going to work out for the best.

I am going on Tuesday and getting my long hair cut to my chin. WHy? Because I can. No one is telling me not too. I wasn't allowed more than a trim before without getting griped at. It will feel great to cut it off i think. I have wanted to try a shorter cut for a LONG time but just couldn't.

So far thats been my big thing...Waking up and making decisions for me and not for someone else. When people ask how I am feeling...I just say Great...I can breathe for myself for the first time in years and it feels so free.

I am still out here guys...lurking right now but i am here.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:34 PM   #7  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

I'm new so you don't know me, but I know where you are coming from! When my now ex left me and my daughter, I was devastated, but really...it was the best thing he could have done for me.

Congrats on the binge free and purge free days. I can't wait til I can say I am binge free (Purge free since December 2002!)!
Jeannette311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:00 PM   #8  
New Beginning, New ME!

Default Here to stay now!

OK FINALLY I have Internet at home again!!!

My life is about the same still getting divorced and the kids are still doing great. I had a rough couple of weeks of binging which was caused by a dentist appt! I am TERRIFIED of them. I had NINE teeth pulled.....or all that read this that are THINKING of becoming bulimic...I have lost all but 4 of my top teeth because of my bulimia eating away at them.

I had 2 weeks where the only think i could eat was Malt O Meal and Apple sauce...I got down to 128 but not by choice!! lol

I am now at a beter 133 and feeling pretty good. Anyway just letting all of you know you have to put up with me again! I am here to stay now.

Oh and I also have a new MYSPACE its URL is http://www.myspace.com/jon_allys_mom

I hope to add lots of my 3fc pals there

Last edited by LeaLee; 08-30-2007 at 05:02 PM. Reason: cuz i'm goofy and forgot the myspace link