Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-29-2007, 09:00 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Weekly Chat - May 29th - June 3rd

Good Morning,

Hope you all had a lovely weekend

Today is my eldest nephews birthday... 30 years old old fart lolol... boy do I feel older than dirt.

Anyway.... TOM came last night and I feel just lovely heheheee.

How's your day going along?

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:24 AM   #2  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning!

Plan today is to get moving - and stop making excuses for it! So close to my next mini-goal - and I WILL get there!!

Leenie - I've been blaming PMS for not moving - but that excuse is wearing thin for me - hope today passes quick and tomorrow is nicer for you

Hope everyone else is well - missed you guys!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

hope everybody had a great weekend! Saturday I cleaned all day. Sunday we were at church in the morning and then in the evening for a youth leaders meeting, and yesterday I tried to take it easy.

I have tons of stuff to do at work this week bec next week I'll be gone with my mom to Branson, MO. I'm looking forward to the trip, but not all the time on the road. Sure would be nice to try flying for a change but my mom would NEVER go for that. hehe

I've been walking when I can but it seems that every Monday my scale is up. I'm really aggravated with the scale and my weight but apparently aggravation doesn't burn any calories. yikes!

wellllllllll alrighty then....I need to scoot on out of here!
Hope everybody has a great day!

hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:20 PM   #4  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Howdy Girls.

I hope your all having a great evening. Its really hot today. It was 91 before when I went to the grocery, now its "down" to 85...........phew........

I have been very very achy today. Not sure if its from the new meds (one of the side effects is muscle pain) or the weather, I THOUGHT we were supposed to get some rain??? Also when I went to the store, as I got to the back of the store for the milk, it felt like I had ankle weights on or something! It wasn't a big store either so I have no idea why that happened! I thought I was going to have to ask the store if I could sit down or something, but I made it! It was really scary, I've never had that feeling before! Guess I'm definitely gonna have to ask my dr about that!!!

Anyways I rescheduled my catscan its in the morning at 5 a.m. Perfect for me as we usually are getting off of work at 4:30 a.m. so we don't usually go to bed until about 6:30 or 7 a.m. so I can go to bed after I'm done with that and I won't have to wait because I'm the first appt!!!!!! I'll be glad to get it done and over with. I have been dreading it. Only because I'm afraid they WILL find something, yet then again I'm afraid they WON'T find something and we'll be back to square one. But only way to know is to just do it! lol.

Have a Good One!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:14 AM   #5  

good morning gang
Old 05-30-2007, 12:51 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Sassy, did you have your cat scan today? how did it go? Hopefully the med side effects won't last long.

Cathy, have a great trip with Mom. Hang in there hon, you've been through an awful lot lately, don't let that nasty scale get that pretty face down. You'll get with it soon...just give yourself some time and keep up with the exercise when you can

Heather, keep on trying girlie...

Well nothing much is going on here...just keeping busy and trying to stay out of trouble.

Food choices have been better lately...not great but better. Exercise has been swimming and I feel it in every muscle in my body OY lolol. Boy do I sleep good at night LOL.

How are you chicklets?
Old 05-30-2007, 02:22 PM   #7  
Heather 2.0

Good afternoon everybody - I DID get out on my bike this morning - it was just too nice not to! And I'm quite proud that I did; my hubby said 'It's kind of hot - maybe you shouldn't go...' and I stomped my foot and said 'If I don't go now, I KNOW I won't go later!'

I can only do about 15 minutes so far, but I'll build up to a 'proper' bike ride this summer... at some point! LOL ...and I did have to walk the bike the last five minutes home - I live up a very steep hill... but hey! I went!!

Sassy - waiting to hear about the cat scan

Hi Cathy! You must get on better with your mum than I do with mine - I wouldn't go on ANY trip with MINE! Have a great time!! We'll miss you if you aren't online.

Leenie - feeling better today, I hope!

Hope - where are you, chickadee???

Okay - going to kick the exercise up even more by going for a walk after dinner tonight - I think I am stalling due to inactivity, for sure, 'cause I am definitely eating well - just GOTTA get that pound off!!

Chat tomorrow -
Heather
Old 05-30-2007, 07:42 PM   #8  
~Believe~

Cool

Well I left a message for my dr yesterday about my pain and what not and he left me a message back stating to stop BOTH meds A.S.AP and to come and see him A.S.A.P. So I left another message for him today since they close early on Tues & Wed to go ahead and book me an appt for the afternoon if tomorrow or Fri, as we work nights, so we'll see.

I unfortunately could not get my Catscan done. After reading the intructions I have to not take my diabetic medication for 48 hours before the Cat Scan as I guess the dye reacts to it and not in a good way, so not taking any risks and I will reschedule again.

But right now not too worried about that, will see what my dr has to say about my reactions to the new medicines as I guess they were serious, so I wasn't imagining things! lol.

BUT since today I have not taken the Diabetes Medication I am not in any pain! I did take my Lipitor last night (for cholesterol) and I'm not in pain, but I will abide by my drs wishes and not take it tonight either.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:44 AM   #9  
Heather 2.0

Morning (almost afternoon - yawn!) all -

Nothing of interest to say - LOL!

How is everybody?? Sassy - what's happening with meds/doctor today??

Heather
Old 05-31-2007, 03:41 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 155/138/125

Height: 5'4"

hello all,I havnt died just really busy.still plugging away at the WL thing
will check in and catch up later. DEB
debbieduzLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 04:17 PM   #11  
~Believe~

Dr called back, I go and see him tomorrow @ 1:30 that is totally going to mess up our sleep cycle, but that is all they had.........Today I am feeling really crappy so I hope he can help me feel better as I'm tired of feeling bad.

Well have a wonderful evening all.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:14 PM   #12  

hey gang

have y'all seen this video on youtube?

it's called "A Fat Rant"

if this link to it doesn't work just go there and do a search for "A Fat Rant" and you will get there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUTJQIBI1oA

I think I need to grab on to some of her attitude. I just cannot figure out how to be happy or content with my size - and she is right - it is a WASTE of so much time really!
Old 06-01-2007, 08:09 AM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Sassy girl, how are you feeling. Sorry the meds are giving you a rough time. What does the doc say? please let us know.

Heather girl, KUDO's to you for riding your bike. I'm lucky if I can stay on my bike for 5 minutes...the seat just HURTS! You go girl, your doing wonderful.

Cathy love, it is a waste of time to obsess over that scale... lets just focus on eating healthy and making healthy choices. Life is to short to be miserable but girl.... I do know exactly how you feel, my body size is on my mind 24/7 ... pitty huh. I'll watch that youtube when I get home, it won't work here Are you going to Mom's this weekend? if so have a wonderful time and enjoy her !!!

Deb...good to see yah little chickie...whats shakin? how have you been

Well, today summer hours start at work so I get to leave at noon WHOOOT!!!! but I'm going home and gonna clean like a manic today and tomorrow b/c I'm going away for a few days and my friend is staying at my messy house LOLOL.

HAPPY FRIDAY !!!

Old 06-01-2007, 08:39 PM   #14  

hey gang

leenie - let me know what you think after you watch the video. I've watched it a couple of time ;-)

mom and I are leaving Sunday after Sunday School for Branson. It has been absolutely nuts trying to get ready to go. work has been a zoo.

Leenie - I'm so glad that you are getting away for a few days girl you deserve it!!!!

hope everyone is having a good day/nite!
hugs,
Cathy
Old 06-02-2007, 07:57 AM   #15  
~Believe~

Hi all,

Went to the dr yesterday, he said it was an allergic reaction to the meds. He thinks only one, but to be safe he is prescribing two new meds, said to hold off until after my cat scan is done. (its scheduled for Monday) The meds react with the dye is why I can't take them and why I also had to reschedule.

That is about it I am a Zombie. I worked all night so I'm off to bed......

Good "Night" all. lol.