Old 05-29-2007, 12:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 184/177/150

Height: 5'10

Smile Help Needed!!!

I dont know whats a matter with me. I started out so motivated and gung ho! Latelty as much as i want to i cant get back on track, I need some help and or encouragment to get going back in the right direction...any takers. I am 26, walnut creek, ca.
Oh So Swish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/225/120

Height: 5'6

It only takes 26 (or some number close to that) days to adjust to change.. if you can crack that number you'll be golden!
strawberrycharms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:36 AM   #3  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

Height: 5'5"

Yeah... an average of 21 days is how long it takes for something to become a habit. I had to fight myself for 21 days, pushing and pushing myself to stick to it and now its second nature. What I will say to you is so far you've lost 14 packs of butter... go to a store and put 14 packs of butter in your basket and walk around with it - you'll realise that 7 pounds is a lot of weight and that you should be proud of yourself. Also I will also say... I'd love to get down to 177. YOU ARE DOING GREAT!! Just believe in yourself.
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:09 PM   #4  
Proud US Navy Wife

I know what you mean. This is my third try at a lifstyle change, and with about 10 months on track, its the most successful one.

My own personal experience is that I'll be great for a few months, and then for a month or two it will be more difficult. Motivation wavers.. as much as it sucks to say, that's really just what happens. You need to go past motivation, and tell youself "this is what I have to do." A trick I have when it comes to working out is that if I find myself attempting to talk myself out of a workout, I put down what Im doing and do it right that moment. (for me at least, trying to talk myself out comes as an internal debate when Im preparing to do it.)

You can do it!
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote