Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-27-2007, 11:33 AM   #1  
I wanna be skinny!

S/C/G: 269

Height: 5'3"

Default I feel out of control, I can not stop eating!

I feel so out of control. I think I am doing good and then the cheetos call my name or a burger and fries from McDonald's. I do not need this kind of food. I need healthy food , but there are days that I can not help myself. Mostly when I am away from my family like when I am at work. I think of differant things I can eat and it does not help that I work at a grocery store where I have access to all kinds of junk food and things. But you would think I would eat fruit or vegis at the store, but no not me I get in this kinda trance like state, thinking I am hungrey and on the hunt for something that taste good. I can not seem to stop this.
angieevans2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 03:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 340/270/170

Height: 5'5"

Default I am so with you!

We're about the same size and about the same place in our weight-loss journey, and like you, I've been feeling unsatiable lately! This long Memorial Day weekend is turning out to be really difficult. I'm reasonably controlled about not eating high-carb stuff, because I'm diabetic, but I have been overeating fat and protein. I keep track of what I eat, and I see clearly that I'm exceeding my calorie limits, but I still want more... Everything tastes good right now. Is it nervousness? I'm going to try going over to the neighbor's and splashing around in their little pool... maybe a bit of exercise will relieve this overwhelming urge to munch?
bellestarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:10 PM   #3  
I wanna be skinny!

Smile today was bad

I went to work and everytime I turned around someone was eating something. My mother brought brisket to us for supper and it was really good. But I kinda overate it. So tommorow is another day. I have the day off so maybe I can stick to something> I don't feel so alone now that you told me you feel the same. I do not know what it is but Maybe together we can over come it.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: SW/253/CW231/GW175

Height: 5'8

I read in a magazine that when you feel you've had a little too much at a meal or over eaten or a snack too high in calories. You shouldn't just continue like that for the rest of the day but you should try get back on track for the next meal or next snack. I thought this is great advice as sometimes we have something at like 10 in the morning and think we've blown it but by cutting down in the evening we can still turn a bad day into a good one. Wish you well hope this helps...Remember you're in control...cos this body is yours.
SlimmingWorldChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:24 AM   #5  
I wanna be skinny!

Default Thank you

Thank you for all the suggestions. I will take them to heart. This morning I woke up and not hungery at all. But I think that is because I do not have to go to work today. Well I am going to eat breakfast, and have a cup of coffee. I got Special K last nite at work and that is what I am having for breakfast. I will check in later to let ya ll know how my day went k
Old 05-28-2007, 12:33 PM   #6  
Geek and like it.

Location: i am neither greek nor athenian, but a citizen of the world.

I once felt out of control with my eating too.
But here's the thing: you CAN take control, you CAN make the right choices. I know it doesn't always feel like that it's but it's the truth.
Next time you reach for something you don't need just pause for a second. You have a choice. The food is not in control, this is up to you. You CAN choose health. Just that one second's pause to remember this can make a huge difference. A lot of times I used to put things in my mouth without thinking.

Positive vibes coming your way...
Me23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 161/121/115

Height: 5 ft

Default Remember to forgive yourself!

Overeating, binging or simply having an unhealthy day is part of your weightloss journey. EVERYONE has these days. I agree with a previous poster to not let one bad meal be an excuse for an entire bad day. And for me, the way to do that was to forgive myself for making a mistake. I had to remind myself that it wasn't the end of the world and I could continue to make the rest of the day better. I didn't try to make up for the bad food I ate by eating less the rest of the day. I just simply forgave myself and told myself the next meal will be better.

On another note, to stop binging/overeating I leave the source of food. If its my kitchen that is has the bad food... then I go to my bedroom. Its tough, but once I distance myself from the source its a lot easier to distract myself from food all together.

Keep it up! Don't lose hope. You are doing great. Its ok to make a mistake.
lilchixa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

Is it possible to not take any money to work? That would make it harder to pick up those impulse no-no's.
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:13 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchixa View Post
Overeating, binging or simply having an unhealthy day is part of your weightloss journey. EVERYONE has these days. I agree with a previous poster to not let one bad meal be an excuse for an entire bad day. And for me, the way to do that was to forgive myself for making a mistake. I had to remind myself that it wasn't the end of the world and I could continue to make the rest of the day better. I didn't try to make up for the bad food I ate by eating less the rest of the day. I just simply forgave myself and told myself the next meal will be better.

On another note, to stop binging/overeating I leave the source of food. If its my kitchen that is has the bad food... then I go to my bedroom. Its tough, but once I distance myself from the source its a lot easier to distract myself from food all together.

Keep it up! Don't lose hope. You are doing great. Its ok to make a mistake.
Totally agree with this!!
Old 05-29-2007, 03:14 AM   #10  

Do tell us how your day goes...Wish you every bit of success with it.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:40 AM   #11  
I wanna be skinny!

Default My day yesterday

I did not binge yesterday i ate what I had planned to eat. And nothing else. I think that this is the right step in the right direction. But today I go to work and that is the hard thing cause all the bad food is there as well as the good food, maybe we will be busy and I won't think of eating. Wish me luck.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:41 PM   #12  
Geek and like it.

Location: i am neither greek nor athenian, but a citizen of the world.

great job! you've shown yourself you can do it! Think positive, you're strong!
Me23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 02:44 PM   #13  
I wanna be skinny!

Default One more pound down, and not eating bad foods

I am one more pound down. And for the past three days I have been good. I only ate when I was sposed to and did not overeat, and ate healthy. I am praying this will continue. i am really trying hard to lose this weight. Today I am going to start exceriseing to a dvd that my husband bought for me last week and see if that does not speed things up. I went to the overeaters anyomus website and answered some of the questions and found that I am an overeater. So I guess food is like booze you get addicated and have to control. But with food you can not just quit you would die if you did. So it is a double edged sword.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:20 PM   #14  
hara hachi bu

Hang in! I'm in this boat right now too, where I seemed to have an iron will at other times, today (the past few weeks, actually) I feel like I've forgotten everything I've learned about how to lose weight.

For me, sometimes what helps me get back on track is to keep reading, learning, researching, finding something to get excited about.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:54 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 161/121/115

Height: 5 ft

You have the choice to pick the bad foods or the healthy foods. Its all in your hands. Your health is up to you. Make the right choice. I know that is easier said than done, but try to remind your self that next time the junk food is calling.
lilchixa is offline   Reply With Quote