South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 06:20 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Chat - May 26 and 27

Good morning. It's a bit damp on the chairs on the deck so bring along your Beach Towel to sit on while we sip and chat.

I'm in the home stretch with the kitchen reno - the last guy left at 8:30 last night. Mike comes back this morning to do some plumbing and electrical so by evening I expect a functioning sink and pot lighting over it. Today I will slowly start putting things into the cabinets and cobble my life back together. There will still be odd bits - some crown molding, for example, but the worst is over. The Girls are home from the kennel and delighted to be here even if the house is chaos. Their beds and dishes are here and that's all they care about!

Isn't this cute? Snitched from another Board.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:55 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

You are going to have such fun putting your stuff away in that new kitchen! And cooking your first meal in there will be such a thrill! I'd love to have my whole kitchen ripped out and redone. (Before we bought our house, we heard that the kitchen was used in a "old fashioned" sausage commercial because it was so "authentic", ie, it's OLD!) Red paint on the walls and black paint on the cabinets have helped, but I sure wish I could redo it completely! We have been working on this house for about 3 years. We have renovated 3 old houses before this one and I swore I would never do it again...ha! This WILL be the last one!

I didn't sleep much last night with my husband working all night and I'm pooped, but have some work to do, then have to clean the house. Two of my kids are coming over today so the three of us can go to a party. My daughter's best friend just graduated from law school, and her brother graduated from college, so their parents are having a big crawfish boil for them. My husband has to turn around and go back to work at 1, so just my daughter, oldest son and I are going to the party... but it should be a lot of fun and I can eat crawfish, so I am really looking forward to it.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:40 AM   #3  

Good Morning all you beachbabes!
Ruth: the end is in sight!!!!!

Femme: Have fun at the crawdad boil! I know how you feel with DH having to go back to work.. such as it is in the IT world.. Dh gets to do his work from home though, so that makes it a bit easier.

went to see the new pirates movie yesterday.. I did have a small popcorn, snuck in some ICBINB spray and a giant water ... DH had his gummy bears and ordered a diet coke--and it still cost us close to $9 for just that! Ridiculous!...
BIL is coming up from jersey today... which means I have to make him Italian so ww pasta for all of us and since he aint open to new things... white pasta for him, and a big "vat" of meatballs
Old 05-26-2007, 05:30 PM   #4  

I was at the storage units this morning at 8 with 3 other staff. We managed to totally clean out and inventory the unit with most of the supplies and we hauled out 16 water coolers and 3 ice chests to take home and sanitize. I've been to Lowes and picked up 16 more hammers so we'll have enough of them now. There is still a lot to do but I'm mostly waiting on others at this point.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:08 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

HELLO! Anybody home?
Old 05-27-2007, 06:46 PM   #6  

Hellooo-ooo-oooo
It's a Ghost Town
Old 05-27-2007, 08:22 PM   #7  

I'm here. I just spent two hours getting two servers back working again. I've printed out about 400 printouts for the Egg Drop for camp and now I'm cutting each sheet into two (2 pages per sheet). I found a wagon wheel for only $16 today. That will add to the Western theme for camp.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:35 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Sorry I haven't been around much this weekend, I've been busy as usual and we've been having some strong thunderstorms that keep knocking out the power. I'll be here bright and early tomorrow, though.
Nightie-night for now!
Old 05-27-2007, 11:13 PM   #9  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

This weekend I was so proud of myself up until tonight. My mom and I went to one of my favorite restaurants- Sweet Tomatoes- which is a buffet with an awesome salad bar, multiple soups, some breads, and pastas. I did so well that I just have to tell someone. My mom didn't really get it :P. I had a nice salad with all kinds of veggies that I normally wouldn't have on a salad at once (spinach, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, pine nuts, broccoli, cauliflower, jicama, black olives, onions) with just a splash of balsamic. Tres yummy. Then I managed to totally ignore my favorite garlic bread in exchange for lots of brothy soup. I had a bite of sugar-free strawberry mousse but had to spit it out because it was so sweet. My tastes are definitely changing and that's great- I need to get rid of my sweet tooth! And that was the first time I'd walked out of the place rather than been rolled out!

Tonight was kind of bad though. My best friend had a small welcome home party for both myself and one of our other best friends who got home from West Point Friday. There was absolutely NO food I could eat there (except for a few celery sticks and carrots that I ate all of) and as most of the people went to my high school and now go to college together, everyone kind of ignored me. Kind of remembered why I went 1000 miles away to school in the first place. :P So in my self pity, I ate 3 oreos. Not that bad, I know, but I'm still sort of disappointed in myself. Oh well, tomorrow is the start of phase 2 and I'm not looking back!

Sorry to sort of whine but I'm surrounded by college toothpicks and for most of them, the biggest struggle with their weight is the copious amounts of alcohol they drink so there's not much I can share.
Closed Thread