South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 06:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TGIF Chat

It's Friday! I'm enjoying a leisurely couple of hours with my coffee before things get hectic. Today is Field Day at Audrey's school, and they're also having a Bike Parade, followed by the school picnic, so we'll be spending most of the day there. Afterwards, we plan to go over to the horse show for a while. The girls don't compete in anything until Monday, but Cindy is in several exhibitions this afternoon.
Tomorrow I plan to get the rest of my flowers planted, and just relax the rest of the day. That's the plan for now, anyway. Who knows what my day will really turn out like. It seems that everytime I sit down for a moment, someone needs me for something.

Time for a refill, anyone care to join me for a cup?
Old 05-25-2007, 06:18 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Cottage. I'd love to join you for coffee. Shall we sit on the deck and ignore my extremely messy house? The lilacs are just lovely this morning and the birds are singing away.

My cabinets are here and two guys are supposed to come at 8 to start the installation. Two of the bigger pieces wouldn't fit through the door so will have to be taken apart and reassembled in the house. I would be absolutely overwhelmed if I had a working kitchen by tonight but it's going to look great when it's done.

I was supposed to work a charity BINGO today but managed to get a substitute worker. I plan to do lots of planting out behind the barn before it gets unbearably hot. It's 60º out there now but is going up to nearly 90º again.

How's your Friday and long weekend looking?
Old 05-25-2007, 06:31 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Sounds like a very busy day for you!
Things are kind of winding down for me at school (no more classes with students) so I am getting my classroom into shape for the fall. I brought my steam cleaner to school yesterday and started cleaning the students little chairs (kindergarten). Even with regular cleanings, there was still ground-in dirt in the textured plastic chairs. (I scrubbed one for 45 minutes the other day with a mr. clean magic eraser and still couldn't get it looking clean!)
But, the steamer is working wonders and they are getting to look brand new again (they are at least 25 years old!) Messy job, but worth it.

My husband is working a very strange schedule with odd hours for the next week starting today. He works in the computer dept of a university and they are having a power outage right now while the building is being rewired for new technology..so someone has to be there 24/7 to make sure everything stays powered up with generators to keep the computers online. So, I'm kind of on my own and plan on watching "girl shows" and polishing my nails a lot!

Last night I was really missing baking, so I decided to make some oatmeal cookies. I took my "regular" recipe and changed up the ingredients to make it SB friendly. They turned out pretty good, except that using steel cut oats, they ended up looking like "parakeet treats"...you know, those little "balls" of bird seed that you give to parakeets? We got a kick of the "bird seed" cookies, but my husband and son really liked them. I know they have missed the homemade treats I used to make daily. I'm going to take some to school with me to day to share with 2 other teachers that are also doing SB.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-25-2007, 06:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Here's a big hug for you, Ruth! Hang in there, it'll all be finished soon, and then you'll be bragging about your beautiful new kitchen!
It's going to be in the 90s and humid here today, too. I'd better get out and water the flowers now before I run out of time. I didn't do them yesterday morning, and when I got home they were all droopy, can't let that happen!
Old 05-25-2007, 08:11 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good morning chicks... I am still feeling rather crappy today. I wish that I would start to feel better. Today is a busy one for me as well. Dance show tonight. Dress rehersal was terrible. They say bad dress great show. Lets hope that will happen.

Weigh myself this morning and my ticker is now true. I was up a few pounds.

Ruth- - enjoy the deck and the birds and the coffee. They are saying that we are going to be 23 today although everyone around us will be in the 30's maybe it will finally feel like spring. Hope the kitchen gets done today. Take care.

cottage you seem to have another busy day. How is the costume coming along. Have a great one.

femmecreole- enjoy your girly time. What a great teacher you are to clean your class room like that. You will have to post the recipie for your bird treats.

Well must dash and get something accomplished. Have a great day chicks.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:24 AM   #6  

Hotter than Hades Well thats the prediction for the weather today!

LC: crap!!! sorry you still feel crappy today... I hope once you get moving you'll feel better... Good luck on a great show tonight!

Ruth: Maybe one more weekend till you get a brand new shiny kitchen

Cottage: Always on the gogogo.!!!!

femmecreole: Yes enjoy some girly time..paint them toenails and finger nails..Have a beauty bubble bath, make a mask and put on some smelly lotions!!! Nothin like a shiny clean classroom for a new start to the year.. is that the hand held steamer thing I see on infomercials? My gfren has one and loves it!

DH and I are going to see the new Pirates movie today... Argh! How I loooove Johnny Depp *sigh*... and then home for a fish dinner.

Okay time to take the furkids for their morning walk... have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fer alllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2007, 12:16 PM   #7  
faylene

goodafternoon ladies
well i just wanted to tell you all that i will be gone for about 3 weeks but im goning to try like heck to stay op. my dh drives a big rig and im going with him for a while we have a micro and fidge so im hoping i can do it. hopefully we will be making a run to calif!!! well we wont be leaving until tues so i will be in touch before i leave
cottagesounds like you have a wonderful day planned have fun with the girls!!
ruthgood luck on the installation im down here in the state of maine and its 86 rite now and we have not had time to get used to it. we actually had snow about 4weeks ago
femmei envey you with your school children i love the little ones and really miss my girls being little but i have my grandchildren now and they do keep me busy
littlechickoh hang in the little chick here is a big hug (hhhhhuuuuuuggggg)
schaztoh my goodness capt jack doesnt get any better enjoy the movie
well my dgd turns 2 sun and we are all going to her house for big "elmo" party
everthing is elmo with her so she is soo excited so wwe are gonna have a big picnic cookout too so if i stay away from the salads i should beable to stay on phase 1 i have one more week
talk to everyone later
faylene
Old 05-25-2007, 12:41 PM   #8  

Hello. So far so good for the week. Finally a good start at something!

Have lots of house stuff to do this weekend and am hoping that we will get it all done (painting, drywall, moving stuff to the shed, etc).

Also have a friend's retirement party.....a bit worried about the food, but think I will be ok.

Been trying out some new recipes that I found here....and they have been GREAT! and keeping me moving forward.

I weigh in on Sunday...hoping for at least 2-3 pounds lost for week 1 of phase 1. I haven't lost any weight on anything for so long, that I will probably do a little dance!

Have a great one everyone! thanks for the support!
Old 05-25-2007, 02:25 PM   #9  

It actually 70 degrees and raining here so for once, Dallas is cooler. I'm working from home today. Pager started when I was in the shower and it hasn't stopped for long since. I'm working the 11PM maint window tonight.

I had hope to go load the new warehouse tonight but so far the district director has not gotten us the key. I am not happy with him.

Brian is out of school for the summer and he and DH are leaving soon to head to work at a convention.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:11 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 143/143/125

Height: 5'7"

Well, it is hot here in Hawaii! Just 3 more days until I head back to the states... but I also head on to Phase 2 on Monday

Have a great weekend!
Closed Thread