Old 05-22-2007, 04:13 AM   #1  

Default 30 Something's Chat: Tuesday, May 22nd

Hi there I havenīt been much around because of some family meetings (lots of fine food of course). My little boy (9) had such a bad asthma attac yesterday afternoon after leaving the public swimming pool that I got very nervous (didnīt show him of course...) and I am glad we got a docīs appointment this afternoon at 5.....
I am trying to drink more water during the day - taking a bottle with me all the time hubby thinks I am getting a bit strange now
Stay healthy. Have a wonderful day (itīs such a beautiful sunny and warm day over here)
Milagro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:30 AM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!! Haven't been around too much..many issues with DH's daughter--like getting kicked out of daycare, being more obstinate etc etc..I took her to the Endocrinologist and DH met me there and then I handed him the x-ray, EKG, bloodwork papers and the "Oh by the way--cardiologist appt" and walked away..OMG--he was hysterical when he came home--bitc$ing and griping about how hard she is too handle----HELLO!!!!!! WHY DO U THINK I THREATEN TO WALK AWAY FROM MY FAMILY????????????????????

On a better note--K ran into a child in her gym class and had a 1hr long nose bleed..the teacher was upset, the little girl that collided was crying..parents were giving me advice--I just smiled cuz we do this quite freq
Hmmmm..time to go rest at work..We are only 5 nurses short this week so it will be fun..The best part is there is no time to eat and I lost a lb last week..so it isnt all bad!!!

Goddess--Here is a big hug!!! U take care!!!

Sheila--Can U kick a child out of daycare saying she is a "danger to staff" out of the blue with no documented evidence???? I personally think they dont want her there for the summer..they can deal for before and after care but not the 8 hours..They could not even give DH any examples, except that she locked herself in the bathroom and laughed when they had to get a key..and threw blocks at boys--after she said they were throwing at her..I think the boys are smart enough to be sneaky and she (Downs Syndrome) is not...

OK--off to work!! HELOOO to all!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:18 AM   #3  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

RR: Honestly your situation I hear alot. Are you in a center or a Child Home daycare setting? do you have a copy of your contract? They should have things like this documented. I am sorry but that is childish to kick a child out for locking themselves in the bathroom. I have 3 new kids that came from a big center. they hated it. The parents figured out they are just a paycheck. My suggestion to you is this, Check with your local Department of family services and ask for the child care licenser, ask he/she about that and voice a complaint. What that will do is put it in their data base for future parents not only that it will start an investigation of their records. I am so sorry you are dealing with this. As you know in the news over the weekend two daycares are busted one for a death and one for locking the kids in a closet because she was over capacity, and her home looked gorgous. One bad egg makes everyone look bad. Make sure for future daycare see if they have a clause like that one in their contract otherwise they can do pretty much anything.

Milagro: I am so sorry about your son I can totally understand that. My daughter has Asthma also. Keep your chin up,

I did great at eating yesterday and over the weekend have lost 2 pounds so I am back to where I was I can't wait to move that little dial. Today is going to be some what lighter day. We are doing insects this week. The kids love it, my nephew is seven months old and has a set of lungs on him that would scare away a bank robber, I have to find his nitch I think he is teething.
Paid a credit card bill in 1998 in full. got a paper yesterday showing it was never paid. Went to the bank got a copy of the check faxed it. Thank goodness. Apparently when this bank sold or merged they lost some records? Makes you wonder.........

Have a great day everyone
sheiola
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:19 AM   #4  
sheila

RR: By the way when you do call DFS your name,call etc is confidential, if they were to reveal it ooohhha trouble.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Morning Girls ~ I'm enjoying a little quiet time before being bombarded by three little gremlins:-). All three are still upstairs sleeping like angels. Got up this morning and exercised ~ I didn't walk as long as I normally do but it's better than nothing. My eating wasn't great yesterday. I'm still in the "weekend mode" state of mind...

Milagro ~ good hearing from you! I'll say a little prayer that the doctor appt. goes well for DS. I'm trying to carry a water bottle with me everywhere that I go. My problem is that I have a bladder the size of a pea (the only thing that is small on me;-). I drink the majority of my water here at home as I'm constantly going to the bathroom.

RR ~ How old is the child with Downs? As Sheila said, a couple of bad apples make the whole system look bad. I hope that you find a good one! An hour long nosebleed??? Having a nurse for a mommy has to be helpful!

Sheila ~ excellent on the eating right. Send me some willpower dust!!! I'm getting lots of exercise these days but my eating isn't good.

Hope that everyone has a GREAT day ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all...sorry i was quiet some what yesterday. This week i'm all by myself (boss is at a continuing ed conference). And yesterday was pure ****. I had an emergency surgery at lunch and multiple emergencies coming in and out all day. All i have to say is, i wouldn't have survived with out my awesome vet techs (they are like animal nurses). They do most of my work (ie x-rays, blood work, calling some clients). I was in surgery while the others were working up the 3 emergencies that walked in the door at 2pm. So by the time i got home last night..i pretty much crashed. I was planning to work out after work...but i could barely move once i got home...pure exhaustion. Hopefully today won't be too bad...although after work i might have to go to my friends house...she has a dog dying from cancer and he's getting really bad and she wanted me to come over there to euthanize him...so i may be doing that. So it will probably be a very long day again. Maybe at lunch i'll go for a walk...my clients will just have to deal with a little bit of sweat LMAO

Michelle- hang in there girl..i know its got to suck. Just hang in there...hopefully it will get better.
rr - hope you DSD gets some help..hang in there...
hey to all else...got to get back to work...bye all
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:40 AM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

RR, Does she go to a mainstream daycare? I just checked and there's an ARC in Baton Rouge...don't know if it's convenient to you, but that might be a good place for her...it's been great for Peter! It does sound like they're just lazy and don't want to deal with her, so they didn't even give 3 strikes.

GG, Hang in there, sounds like you're having a rough couple days.

Joan, Nice to have you back! When do you close on your houses??

Sheila, congrats on the loss!!

I didn't get too much of a walk in, had to run some errands for work. Going to try harder today.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:44 AM   #8  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishJoan View Post
Morning Girls
"Girls"? *pulls knife from heart* Don't worry about little old me, Joan.

Hahahahah. No time to post anything significant. The sun is out, so there is a walk @ lunch in my future.

Talk later!
:Lawrence
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:58 AM   #9  
sheila

Rooster: Your getting your spunk back! wheres melinda???????
Old 05-22-2007, 09:59 AM   #10  

Lauren ~ The closing date on our current house is May 31st. We can't close/move into our new house until June 22nd. We're going to pay the new owner rent so that we can still put until 6/22. We considered double moving/renting storage space, etc., etc.. but figured that it would be much smarter and less stress simply to rent from the new owner. I am *so* excited!!! We always go to FL the second week of June and then we'll be moving just a few days after we return.

Michelle ~ my heart goes out to you... I was hoping and praying that the money would show up. I wish that we could all get together and do one big huge hug...
Old 05-22-2007, 10:00 AM   #11  

Sorry Rooster Man!!! Yep, you 'da MAN!!
Old 05-22-2007, 10:04 AM   #12  

hey everyone!....been away for a little while..actually i have been reading just not able to sit long enough to post...a lot going on here..my weight maintainted this week..i was upset about it yesterday when i weighed but then last night i was thinking and actually i should be happy it didnt go up...i havent been eating much at all and almost all last week i didnt exercise...we had a death of a very very close friend...closer to my 15 year old than anyone else (his long time football coach, that was like a mentor to my son)..so dominic is having a very hard time with it...actually this is his first experience with someone close to him dieing..so services sometime this week...
rx: glad to see you back..its going to be nice here today also, so i think a walk is in order here to at lunch time!
lauren: hi!..no more rain there?...did you get your princess parking?
gg: what wonderful work you do..i could never do it...i give you huge props, people like you have huge hearts!
joan: glad you got a little quiet time this morning..have a great day
sheila: yeah for the 2 pounds!...thats wonderful
rr: i have to tell you...a friend of mine has a (just turned) 5 year old son...adroable little guy...very active!..his daycare tried to get him to leave..my friend got a hold of some agency, not sure how she found it, and what they did was send out a therapist to "observe" josh and the teachers and the other students..well...the observation happened and my friend was told josh is totally fine its the teachers and they way they are talking to him and treating him..they werent hurting him physically or anything like that, but apparently when they talked with him it was in a degrading sort of way and they almost singled him out alot...probably cause he is active...so now the therapist is working with the teachers to help them communicate differently with the kids..also, after my friend started all this, she found out this wasnt the first time this agency went into the school..so, its an idea...if your interested i can ask her what exactly the program is called and you can see if there is one in your area..this of course is if you want...good luck
milagro:good luck with your little ones dr appt today..asthma can be scary

ok all...i have to get ready for work..got bills to pay...have a great one...eat well, exercise...lets shed some pounds for the summer!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:02 AM   #13  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Christina, Sounds like DYFS, or DHS as it's called in some areas, came out. Glad they're working with them though. Glad to see you back! Princess parking? Hmm, not sure when that is from, but I always try for princess parking! Where I'm working now isn't too bad, but the closest parking will still suck in the rain!

Joan, oh that's a good deal, glad the new owners were OK with that. FL in June?! UGH, too darn hot!

RX
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:04 PM   #14  

Lauren ~ The heat is no big deal to me as long as there is water close by. We stay right on the beach. Plus, DH loves to cook and he does all of the cooking when we're on vacation. There's no way that I'm gonna say no to that!

Melinda... where are you???!!!
Old 05-22-2007, 01:47 PM   #15  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Morning everyone yes im starting to feel a little better i actully got up and did sit ups today and for me thats huge cause i've done nothing for monthe so im gonna try and get a walk or swim in tonight it's supposed to hit 90's here today
I'll check in later OH btw hubby is now appling for correction's he was accepted before but turned them down because he really wants to be a cop so we'll see
take care
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote