South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 06:22 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday Musings - May 21

Glorious May morning is underway in Maybenotberry. We got rain and wind last evening but it seems to have moved off.

The Pypers are coming today for lunch. The good news is that the house is in such chaos I can't possibly do anything to get ready for their visit. However, the new downstairs bathroom is just perfect - maybe we can all squish in there.

Today is a stat holiday (Queen Victoria's Birthday) and the first long weekend of the season. The Village is loaded with summer folk, half of them from Pennsylvania and the camping park is starting to fill up for the season. The businesses are glad to see folks arrive as it sure perks up the finances around here.

I'm feeling sort of wobbly this morning so will skip the gym in favour of some mental gymnastics as I try to figure out this week's schedule. The workies will be back tomorrow and I certainly hope I don't have to go through another weekend without a kitchen. It makes me kwabby!

What's happening at your place today?
Old 05-21-2007, 07:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

To all our Canucks, HAPPY VICTORIA'S DAY!

Good morning to you on this bright and sunny Monday! All the storms missed us yesterday, and we actually managed to have a nice weekend despite the weather predictions.
The baby shower on Saturday went well, and Andrea shouldn't have to buy anything for this baby until he's out of diapers! I can't help but marvel at the unique baby things that are available today, I sure wish they were available when I was having babies! Now, all we have to do is sit back and wait for this baby to be born.
Jake's family reunion yesterday was OK. We just stayed long enough to say hi to everyone and get something to eat. I like his sisters a lot, but the rest of his family is a little "different", to put it nicely.
Today's a busy day with the usual laundry and cleaning house, and I want to get some annuals for my planters. Maybe I'll take the girls to help me select some colorful flowers, they'll enjoy that. Right now, though, it's time to refill my coffee cup.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:21 AM   #3  

Ssssshhhh............everybody's still sleeping!
Old 05-21-2007, 09:33 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I know - and it's a work day in most parts of the world. What a bunch of sleepheads!

I just put all the cushions out onto the wicker on the front porch. The furniture miraculously made its way from the barn loft to the front porch. I suspect Claire and Doug made an early morning visit as the Doggage were barking a storm when I was in the bath.

Now I'm going to run over to the Greenhouse to pick up my porch planters and I'll have a pretty and serene island of calm in this sea of chaos! I may sit out there and read until the Pypers arrive.

Catch y'all later. Enjoy the shiny day.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good Monday Morning, everyone!

I'm glad this week has finally started (since I have a 4-day week at work and I'll be travelling to visit the family Thursday night through next Monday morning!! )

Woke up this morning and got a good workout in. Another 3 miles. I plan on keeping that up at least until I leave on Thurs. This will be a busy week for me as the in-laws are all coming this weekend while I'm outta town. (Thank goodness!) Still, I've got laundry and house cleaning and packing to do. Plus, DH decided that it's a good idea to go to dinner with his boss and his wife tomorrow night. Sheesh. He doesn't think sometimes. Work should be fairly laid back as I'm really just overseeing a lot of things so that my emps can handle things on their own eventually.

We did get a lot done this weekend in spite of the storms we've been having. I was able to dig out, fertilize, and mulch two of my four rose bushed before it started raining and hailing on us. DH got the back yard fertilized and did some brush clearing. Things are finally starting to look like we want them to outside! (And with all this rain, we haven't had to water for a whole week!)

Ruth: Maybe I need to do a reno, so that I don't have to clean the house when company comes!! I hope the workies get everything done and your kitchen is usable this weekend!

Cottage: How great it is that the baby shower went so well! It's so nice when new mothers and fathers have wonderful people supporting them and providing them with baby-needs! That stuff gets expensive!
Old 05-21-2007, 11:01 AM   #6  

Whew, I got most of my little niggles done, and even managed to have a coffee and chat with my mother! It's really quiet in here so far today. I guess everyone's either busy or sleeping in! I didn't realize how sticky my kitchen floor was until I started mopping it. Amber and Carley were eating popsicles yesterday and must have been dripping all over the place. Next time, they eat outside!

Morning, Kim! Don't you just love it when it rains right after you've done some yard work! It always seems like Mother Nature is giving me a hand!

Ruth, enjoy your afternoon on "the veranda"! That was so nice that someone set out your wicker for you. Now sit down and rest those knees for a bit!

Well, I'm off to spend the rest of the day with the girls. Behave yourselves and find something to laugh about today.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:26 PM   #7  

Happy Victoria's Day Canada! Late check in for me this morn... Dh had to go for some tests this morn and then we went for breakfast.. where I was partially good... ....
So g'day maties Cottage,Ruth,Kim, Daily posters and lurkers alike!
Old 05-21-2007, 01:03 PM   #8  
LawChick

S/C/G: 173/165/136

Height: 5'2

Totally unfair that yall get a holiday! Just cause we pulled a revolution, we lose out. I'm totally disgusted with myself -- yesterday was my day to start phase 2, so when I went to see Shrek 2 with the youngest daughter, I bought a small popcorn. Like that is anykind of healthy carb! Then I totally fell off the wagon and had 3 glasses of wine last night. According to the scales, I gained 2 lbs, but I am assuming it is water weight -- I drowned the popcorn in cheese salt (again, not healthy!) So I pulled myself together and got back on the beach this am.

It is so much more comfortable on phase 1! Can't I just stay on it? Words of wisdom from all you brilliant chicks, please?!?!?!
Old 05-21-2007, 06:10 PM   #9  
Michael Ann 1973

Oh Canada...now it's stuck in my head. Sorry I haven't been faithful on here. My life is in utter chaos right not. Between work and school I am up to my neck. Next week is vacation, so that will be awesome. I plan on doing nothing but what I want to and working on some papers for school. Nothing pushy though

I am still on program and losing, weigh in is tomorrow at ww, wish me luck.

I miss you guys
Old 05-21-2007, 08:38 PM   #10  

LawChick, I know how safe and secure you feel on Phase 1, moving into Phase 2 can be pretty scary, when we start to add in those carbs, but it's not advisable to stay on Phase 1 indefinitely. Your body needs the nutrients from those carbs to function properly and keep you healthy. The key is to go slowly, adding those new carbs a little at a time. Check out the sticky on starting Phase 2 in the FAQ section. You find excellent advice and tips on how to successfully continue to lose weight.
Closed Thread