Old 05-18-2007, 11:59 PM   #1  
just me

S/C/G: 320/294/145

Height: 5'7

Default a bit of ranting and lightbulb moment

so i dont know what my problem has been at all. ive been the biggest b**** this week. I mean i have been angry at people that didnt do anything. i literally woke up one morning and for whatever reason i was mad at them. I havent had a period in almost 2 years but maybe my hormones are still acting up??? i dunno. Anyways today i pulled myself out of this horrible mood, thanks to India.Arie. I love her song Healing. Its only a minute long but it says the things i need to do and it helped.
so anyways i was also watching TLC that show about the hospital for the mobidly obese people. Scared the crap out of my. I'm so scared of becoming like them. needles to say i have a salad for dinner instead of ordering take out like i have been doing because of my mood. I really want the quick fix but its not worth yoyo dieting for the rest of my life. I want to do this right and i want to be healthy. I still have a lot of planning to do tonight, but i just felt like writing something. have a nice night ya'll.
brat_61886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 12:08 AM   #2  
Sarah

S/C/G: 170/127/127

Height: 5'4"

I dunno if this has ANYTHING to do with what's been causing your mood swings, but I know that when I started my program, I was a complete emotional wreck. I mean, mood swings are one thing, but this was on a whole different level. I was screaming and yelling and crying over absolutely ANYTHING. At first, I thought it had something to do with my birth control, but in hindsight, I'm pretty much certain it was just my body adjusting to the complete change in diet. It can be quite the shock to the system if you're going from junk, junk and more junk to the complete opposite! It's strange just how hard the detox can be! If this turns out to be the case, I'm afraid you'll just have to ride out the storm and wait until your body gets used to it (which shouldn't take more than a few weeks). If it keeps up, you might want to take it up with your doctor, or take a closer look at your diet; there could be important things that you're missing!

Or it could just be hormones. Either way, I'm sure it'll pass. Regardless of the cause, keep up the good work with your program, and everything will fall into place, I'm sure
momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 09:37 AM   #3  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Yup, weight loss absolutely affects hormones! Once you get into a regular system and your body has time to adjust things will settle down.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 11:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

When I started my plan I was a cranky hag too! But it definitely evens out-- at first I was bitter because I felt deprived, I resented having to be so strict with calorie counting, etc., but I got used to it.

Hon, you're not going to end up in a place like that! Just the fact that you're here means that you're serious about this, and that makes me feel that you're capable of making a change. I hope you feel better soon!
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 01:04 PM   #5  
*confetti*

S/C/G: 270.9/176.1/165

Height: 5'6"

Frankly you need to see a doctor if you aren't menstruating. Typically women are advised to see a doctor if they miss two periods in a row. It definitely sounds like something may be wrong in the hormone department.

While losing abdominal fat can make you a PMSing trainwreck, in your case I think that your moodiness is most likely caused by the same hormonal imbalance that is causing you to skip your period.

One of my friends stopped having her period and she got it back simply by taking the pill. So don't worry yourself unnecessarily ,but do go to the doctor and figure out what is going on. While periods may be a pain, the hormones are beneficial to your body.
Zorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 03:17 PM   #6  
just me

S/C/G: 320/294/145

Height: 5'7

i was on the depot shot for almost 2 years. it can take up to a year and ahalf or longer to get ur period back, so i'm not worried about that. but thanks for the concern.
i feel a lot better today. i dont really want to be around people but i feel way better than i did yesterday. i think i'm ganna make some tortilla soup and watch a good movie before i start cleaning. you guys are great!!!
brat_61886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:19 AM   #7  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

If you just came off the Depo Provera, watch out! Your hormones are going to be acting up for sure! When I went off Depo a few years ago, I was an emotional WRECK and TOM came back full force. Cramps were so bad I had to miss work (original reason I went on it to begin with). You may need to wait it out until your body gets back to its "normal" hormonal cycle. Good luck!

BTW for anyone else who is on Depo, doctors recommend you don't stay on it for more than 5 years because of a higher risk of breast cancer and if I can remember correctly osteoarthritis. It was the reason I ended up going off it after 5 years.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote