Old 05-18-2007, 10:37 AM   #1  
Ready for a Change!!

S/C/G: 150/148/130

Height: 5'9

Question Can some one help me?

I joind this cool website that helps me track everything I am eating and excersize and it shows my goals and stuff.. I love it.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Index.html

Okay BUT I dont know how much calories I am supose to be taking in... so i am not sure if I am over or under.. can some one help me? I know thre is a formula or something but if I give you my numbers can you tell me??

Help? Thanks
CRYSANDBOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I think your goal is a little low. One weight chart I have seen says a healthy weight range is between 134-167., for your height,I have read in a couple of places to multiply your ideal weight by 12. Taking the low end 134 X 12 would be 1608 calories a day.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:15 AM   #3  
Ready for a Change!!

S/C/G: 150/148/130

Height: 5'9

Ok now awnser me this. If my ideal weight is 135*12=1620 cal a day to reach my ideal weight.... With excersize I burn calories do I still stick with the 1620??
CRYSANDBOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:37 AM   #4  
cals. in v. cals. out

S/C/G: 157/151/130

Height: 5'6

I would say that you should try to stick with you goal calorie range regardless of exercise. When I made my big 10 pound drop I did it by staying around 1550 calories. My calorie counting program told me that was my average anyway. Of course if you work out more you can in theory eat more and still lose weight but what you ideally want to find is that magic place, which is different for everyone where you can eat the maximum amount of calories and still lose weight.
I mean if you go way over budget and you want to put in an extra cardio session to burn it off I think that's fine but I think if you start down the path of oh I can eat this because I worked out super hard today, you'll find yourself at a plateau. That may be something you work on when you get to your goal weight. When you're in weight loss mode I would say stick to your caloric budget as much as you can.
nomorefatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

I was on fitday for a while but then I switched to The Daily Plate... it has really helped me a lot and it tells you exactly how many calories you need to eat to lose a certain amount of weight each week. I was stuck at a plateau but when I started eating the amount of calories the Daily Plate told me to I started losing again... It also has more choices and you can search by name brand.. the site is www.thedailyplate.com Try it!
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 12:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

1600 sounds a little high to me. Try the daily plate's weight "Calorie Goals" even if you decide to stick with FitDay for tracking your calories. In the end everyone's body is different, you may need to experiment a little and find your body's sweet spot for weight loss.
Romeos Girly is offline   Reply With Quote