Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-17-2007, 10:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/152.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Losing momentum...feeling kind of bleh...

I feel like I have been doing so well since I started this in March. Although I have set and reset goals several times (I wanted to weigh 135 by June 1st- ha!), I have still made progress. Sometimes it would be about a pound a week and sometimes nothing for weeks and then a 3 lbs loss.

My issue is I feel that I have reached a stale mate in my progress. I recently completed a race that was fairly physically demanding which resulted in me feeling overwhelmingly hungry for days afterwards. I tried to plan ahead by packing Kashi and ww bread and PB to eat at camp (no heat or fridge). When I got home, my weight was almost 4 lbs greater than when I left (could this be muscle/water retention?). This was not regular hungry, it was unbearable. All I could think about was eating.

My questions are these: how can I get back on track and get rid of this nagging hunger and what actions can I take to better prepare myself for races in the future (I have one the first week of June which will be twice as long). It seems crazy but, again, typical of my stupid body that great physical exertion could potentially work against me because it is so hard to go back to 12-1500 calories a day afterwards.

Sorry for the novel. I really want to keep making process and I feel that I have lost steam and grinded to a slow halt.

AllyCat30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:42 PM   #2  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

I, unfortunately, don't have much advice, but I just want to say....

You have done a MARVELOUS job with losing weight. Somehow, I don't see you gaining fat with all the things you have been doing. Give yourself some credit girl!

About hunger...it seems like you're doing the right things and hopefully someone will give you good information about other things to eat. I would say pack a nut and dried fruit mix...good protein and energy. I like to use our dehydrater with bananas and apples and you can also make "fruit leather".

Good luck for your June run!!
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Are you drinking enough water?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:46 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey AllyCat30! Good to see you!

You are trying to do something that's very hard--namely lose weight in a healthy manner and at the same time run races. It's natural for your body to be very hungry when running races.

It could be that you need to eat higher in your calorie range before the race comes up--for a few days ahead. I'm not saying go hog wild, but just eat at the top of your range. That way you may have more reserves to draw on during the race.

For a day after the race, also allow yourself to eat higher--then go back down again.

The other idea I have is protein. We really have to have protein for muscle strength and health. I recently learned over in the Exercise forum (in the Fitness Area) that many of the chicks aim for 100 grams of protein a day when they are exercising heavily and/or weight lifting. You might want to read some of the threads over there and see if you can find some tips.

Good luck!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:17 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7''

AlleyCat30, could it be near TOM? I know that hunger but I only get it about 5 days before TOM, and I've only experienced it in the past few months too....
finn is offline   Reply With Quote