Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2001, 09:30 PM   #1  
Net browser

Thumbs down Feisty & Sexy 50 & 60 yr olds #147

Hi Everybody
Peggy ST WTG on the 3.75# weight loss. Good for you, what a great week you had. Last week I weighed 154.6# and my goal weight is 150#, I will "TRY" to lose 1# per week, during these few weeks before Christmas. Count me in.
Maria wearing your new bodysuit before the wedding, what a smart idea that was. I bought these lovely shoes for my son's wedding and I thought I would cry before the night was over my feet were so sore. I should have walked around in house in those shoes before the wedding. I think actually I would have returned them and opted for "sneakers" LOL
Peggy how is it that someone who is named Margaret, gets called "Peggy"? How did people ever arrive at that? LOL
Have you had a colonoscopy before? Have you not been feeling too good? You might have said Peggy but I forgot. The description of your "new snowgirls" sounds so cute. You could even make some "Ukrainian Baba's" and tie those black headscarfs on their heads that have the big red flowers on them? I would buy one like that. LOL I think you are really on to something Peggy.....those new snowgals are going to sell like hot cakes. Of course, your others sold well too. Good for you, for coming up with new ideas. Good luck tomorrow on the test.
I saw the dentist again this morning and he put a "soft liner" in my partial plate, so at least it's not painful to have my teeth in during this healing process. I still can't eat anything too hard or anything, but it doesn't hurt any more.
Tomorrow is WW and then I will have the gals back here for tea. I tried a new recipe, called "No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake", I thought it was something that I too could eat. I hope we all like it. I will put a few muffins out in case this new recipe isn't very good. Talk to you all tomorrow. Night.
Old 11-26-2001, 10:36 PM   #2  

G'day all,

I just got of the phone to my private health fund. I don't know what it is like at your end of the world but here with any medical procedure you get a certain amount from the government health fund (we contribute to that with our taxes) and then claim the rest from a private health fund. Well 3 cheques from the private health fund have not been received by me and they are now telling me it is my fault or Australian Post. I receive all mail except the cheques they were supposed to have sent . It will now be another 3 weeks at least before I can settle the accounts

The good thing that happened this morning is that I found the shoes for the wedding . Everything is set now and I will be able to practice wearing the shoes around the house and hopefully don't have the same aching feet at the end of the wedding as you did Slavika

Peggy ST Good for you with your weight loss. You can count me in but my scales have given up the ghost and I will not be buying new ones in Melbourne. So I will not be able to give a progress report but I can assure you I'll be there in spirit.

Slavika pleased your mouth is feeling better. Good luck at WW tomorrow.

Peggy Good luck with your colonscopy, I also missed why you are having this. Hope it is not for something too serious.

I am calming down now after my phone call with my health insurance fund. Boy they made me angry.

Warm sunny day here today. I will catch the tram to dh's work and then we walk home together; 50 to 55 minute walk
So good to be able to walk without to many problems.

Cheers all
Maria
Old 11-27-2001, 01:21 PM   #3  
Life Time 2001

Peggy: The new snowgirls sound so cute. Good Idea! I like slavikas idea of the Baba's to

PeggyST: Good for you on the loss! You are doing great! I will join in on the challenge. I want to lose at least 3 by then. Need to get off these T-Day pounds.

Cant remember nothing else. Crazy at work right now.
But wanted to say Hello to all!!!!

Back later to read more.
Old 11-27-2001, 07:42 PM   #4  

G'day all,

Just wanted to quickly say hello to you all.

I am snowed under with the work my son's partner asked me to do. I didn't realise it was quite as much and time consuming.

Good practice for when I get myself a temp. job in Sydney

Have a good day all,
Cheers
Maria
Old 11-27-2001, 11:09 PM   #5  
Net browser

Hi Everybody
Went to WW today and managed to lose .4# of a lb. I think it's so strange, that I haven't been able to eat anything "solid" and showed such a small loss. I guess the "liquids" I had were high in calories.
The Pumpkin Cheesecake I made was actually quite good. I would certainly make it again. DH had some for dessert this evening with his dinner and he liked it too.
Well tomorrow I go out with my friend that I always see on Wednesdays for shopping/lunch. I guess I will have to chose my lunch carefully so that I can eat it.
I will look for those two presents that I have to buy for Christmas for that game we are going to play. I think it was Glenda who called the game "Dirty Santa".
Peggy how did your colonoscopy go? Are you doing ok? I've been thinking about you.
Trudy did you notice my new avatar? LOL LOL
Night all.
Old 11-27-2001, 11:27 PM   #6  
Life Time 2001

Default Hawaii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slavika: Cute pic! Maybe you werent eating enough to. Sides .4 is still a loss!

Well Im pooped was gonna type more but I dont have the energy. ALAS
Just hate these new hours seems I never have time to play anymore.

Night
Old 11-27-2001, 11:51 PM   #7  
Net browser

Default ahhhhh...........

Ahhhhhhh poor Lily she doesn't even get a chance to play anymore. About the "not eating enough" I was wondering about that too. When I went in last Wed. to have the surgery, I thought well, the "good news" would be I would probably have a good weight loss this week.....not so. Well, that's ok, I'll try harder this week, and you are right .4# is still a loss. Thanks Lily.
Old 11-28-2001, 12:27 AM   #8  
Super Surfer

Slavika you aren't being very subtle...hula girl no less. My friend is trying to influence me .... she thinks I need a Hawaiian vacation. ...she might be right.
Lily I think you are right, I told Slavika that she probably didn't eat enough and probably next week will show a bigger loss, although I don't think that .4 is small - it is 1/2 lb.
Maria Good idea you have trying out the bodysuit and shoes before the wedding. I really hate it when I am uncomfortable in my clothes. I think both you and Lily are working too hard when it interfers with your PC time.
Nice going Peggy ST on the big loss.
Peggy, I too am wondering about the Colonoscopy. Hope they put you out and you didn't have too much discomfort. The low residue diet and the fast aren't any fun either.

....Ukrainian Baba Snowgirls....

I was going to get to bed early tonight, as I didn't sleep well last night, but here is it 11:30pm and I am still puttering around.

Night all...
Old 11-28-2001, 01:20 AM   #9  

G'day all,

Back again, it is now 6.15 and I have been going non-stop all day with the project for son's partner Not used to doing this anymore, but I felt it has been quite an achievement. As I finish a part, I email it immediately and they have been very pleased with my efforts so that makes it all worthwhile. I miss my nice comfy office chair though, my back is aching sitting at the dining room table all day.

I am also a little concerned how Peggy is going, hope you will soon be able to post.

Trudy I think we ALL deserve an Hawaian holiday. If you get the chance go for it

Slavika ah this weight business is a strange thing. I ate very, very little the week of my operation and I did loose but not as much as I would have expected

Lily don't work too hard and make sure you get your time to play
I am off again to make dinner for DH. We are having little short loin lamb chops with veggies, dh's favourite.
I'll be on my own all of next week whilst he is in Sydney again

Cheers all
Maria

PS where is Ann still unpacking????????
Old 11-28-2001, 11:34 AM   #10  
Life Time 2001

Trudy: I think you do need a Hawaiian Vacation. Its the bestest in the world! SO get your pennies saved and go! You will want to go back every year like Slavika.

Slavika: I think it really might have a lot to do with it and Im sure your loss will be bigger next week. I know it happened to me once when I was sick. I couldnt eat, but I did try to get liquids in and I actually gained that week. Your body needs fuel even when you cant feed it properly.

Peggy: Do lets us know about the Colonoscopy. I did have my Bone density test 2 weeks ago. Havent gotten the results yet. I need to call.

Maria: You are right, we ALL do deserve a Hawaiian holiday. I will be alone next week to. YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE! No cooking! my DH has to travel for work. Cept I will worry as soon as he gets on the plane until he gets off and I hear from him, and then again when he comes home.

Yes Ann... Where are you?

Well tried to get in early to post. Even came to work early so I could play. Last time I do that as someone came by and bothered me. ALAS.....I even told them to go away as I dont start work until 8:00 and did they go? NO!!!!!!!!!

Later all!
Old 11-28-2001, 02:55 PM   #11  
Fun Blonde

Well, guys, I have been reading your posts and am just amazed how busy you all are. Slavika, you are so brave to be going through your dental work so close to Christmas. Have they told you that you will be nearly normal by Christmas?

Peggy - I have had many colonoscopies. They are just miserable while preparing for them, but the actual test is nothing because I have always been put to sleep. It is just a bit yucky because afterall, a camera is put up your rear. Yuck! What a movie that must be!

Hawaii for us all! Okay, when I win the lottery, we will all go at the same time--in January, on me.

We went the day after Thanksgiving to see the Neil Diamond concert. Those of you who have seen him in concert know what a showman he is. He has the prettiest gestures, alone in the spotlight. He sang for 2 1/2 hours without one break and it was just stupendous. I can't remember if it was Peggy or which one of us said that when she and her husband went, everytime he sang a song and there was applause, her husband jumped up and thought it was over. I expected that from my husband too, but he seemed to enjoy it--not as much as me, but he did enjoy it.

I know most of you don't keep up with college football, but over the weekend we here at OSU had such a fun thing happen. We are not good at football, but our rivals to the south, OU, are excellent. OSU BEAT OU! We were unranked and they were ranked 4th. Finally, we were not the butt of their jokes. In fact, now they are saying they weren't that good afterall. On Friday they were national championship material, but after OSU beat them, they weren't that good afterall. Oh well, we here in Stillwater can't seem to get the grins off our faces. Do you all have rivalries, so you understand?

Lily, Maria, what is this about working so hard??!!
Glenda
Old 11-28-2001, 07:50 PM   #12  
Net browser

Hi Everybody
Glenda ......normal by Christmas, LOL if you ask my family they will tell you I have NEVER been normal. Really though Glenda, there was no "good time" to get this done. I only asked if I would be ok by February, for our winter holidays and they said yes. That doesn't mean the whole procedure will be finished, that won't happen until sometime "AFTER" I am back from holidays. Apparently it takes the implants from 5 to 8 months to sort of fuse or meld with the bone just like the roots on teeth. I think it won't be all done until next June or so. My mouth was feeling pretty good today.
Lily I managed to supply my body with lots of "fuel" today at lunch....YIKES probably too much.
For one of my $15.00 gifts I was thinking of going to, Kernel's Popcorn, and buying one of those wonderful big round tins of assorted popcorn. I thought I would wait though, and get it closer to Christmas so that it would be nice and fresh. The other thing I thought I could get was a nice thing of all different nuts, or different coffee's. I thought maybe I would get one "food item" and one something else, but I couldn't think of anything.

Peggy and Ann hi you two. Are you gals having a party and didn't mention it to us. We sure would like to hear from you.

I had a great day with my friend. We made up for my not so great day last Wednesday. Night all.
Old 11-28-2001, 08:04 PM   #13  

G'day all,

I don't believe it another post gone West and it was such a good one

I am very pleased that I finished all the work that I was asked to do. Son's partner is thrilled with my efforts and it was really good having to do something.
It makes me even more convinced that I have to give it my best shot to get some temp. work when we get to Sydney in Feb.

Glenda The Neil Diamond concert sounded like fun. He was recently in Australia and I saw him interviewed, he is still looking pretty good, not to sure about the coiffure. Guess I am just used to a shiny head
I have taken a special note of the date you posted that generous offer when you win lotto, how good would that be. All us 'dollies' hitting Hawaii at the same time
I don't know much about American football but that does not mean I cannot relate to your win. It is always great to be a winner when you are the underdog.

Slavika just received an email that you are on line, I have said it before and will say it again, 'great minds think alike'
I just had a read of your post. I know what you are saying when is it a good time to have the procedure you had done. I was in the same quandery with my feet, I am sure glad they are done now though!

I found a great web site. http://www.getmega.com.au.
It is a website with lots of info and lots of tips from Ms Megabyte. She is regularly on TV and radio answering queries about computers. It is an Australian site and there is probably lots that is not relevant to you guys at the other side of the world but you might find it worth checking out for the tips etc.

Lily I know what you are saying when you are on your own 'no cooking' and generally I don't mind a few days on my own. Just lately there have just been a few too many

Off to the hairdresser now. I have now found a great hairdresser, after experiencing a few duds. I will have another cut just before we leave Melbourne for the wedding.

Cheers to you all
Maria
Old 11-28-2001, 10:20 PM   #14  
Member Florida Chick

Hi all: I am not lost and have everything unpacked and the cold is all better. Just was not getting notices of new postings. I should have checked in more, because I know we are all great converssationalists.

I just wrote a great post to everyone, got booted, and lost the whole thing. Now it is too late to go back and do it all. So will just say glad to be back. Glad everyone is doing well, and losing weight here and there.

Peggy: Hope your colonoscopy shows negative and is just normal.

I will see you tomorrow, and say all my wonderful things again
Good night Ann
Old 11-28-2001, 11:29 PM   #15  
Net browser

Default .....ahh excuse me

Ahh excuse me Maria and Ann but how are you two gals advised when someone posts????? Nobody advises Trudy and I. Is there something we have to do? Maria, I will certainly check out the computer site you posted.
I have to tell you Maria, if Glenda is going to take "ALL" us "dollies" to Hawaii........I thought I would mention that Maui is a very small island. Its only 48 miles long and 26 miles wide..........LOL .......they would never know what hit them if we all arrived at the same time.
I see the dentist tomorrow and I think he will remove the stitches from my mouth......YIPEE!
Closed Thread