Old 05-17-2007, 10:26 AM   #1  
Ready for a Change!!

S/C/G: 150/148/130

Height: 5'9

Question Wheat Thins? Chips & Salsa?

I LOVE wheat thins.. are they ok to snack on all day???

Also-

I hear Corn Chips & Salsa are not bad.... Is that true? They are my weakness I love them!
CRYSANDBOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:36 AM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I believe in quality foods, and when it comes to packaged crackers and chips, I tread carefully. If I get a craving for it I end up spending a lot of time reading labels because there can be a lot of added sugar and what-not.

However...

I also believe that I can make room for certain things that I really want if I do it in moderation. I personally don't think it would be healthful to snack on wheat thins "all day", but if you gotta have 'em, portion them out into snack bags according to serving size (good rule of thumb: never eat straight from the box). As for chips and salsa, there isn't much I can tell you about them except that it's a rare treat because I have no portion control where that's concerned- I love them, too!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

Height: 5'5"

Most salsa is very low cal/fat/everything.. chips are a bit different. Try to read labels and find a baked chip instead of fried, for sure. But the baked ones aren't as good! lol Try dipping other things in salsa, like celery!
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:28 AM   #4  

Basic salsas (without added corn, etc) are fat free- on WW salsa is 0 points. If you find the fresh salsas in the deli, those are usually the best for you! Also you can find baked tortilla chips that are pretty tasty if you dip them. Just be sure to use moderation with everything- eat a serving, not a bag!
hopefloats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

Everything is okay in moderation. The problem with chips and crackers is that once you start eating them, it can be hard to stop. If you are going to eat them, read the label carefully, pour a correct serving into a bowl and put the box away, that way you don't end up over eating
Romeos Girly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:56 PM   #6  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

chips and salsa seem good, but usually that's not the case! Regular torilla chips (like Tostito's) are fried, and have just as much calories as regular potato chips! Baked tortilla chips are a little bit better but not a whole lot. A friend of mine who's weakness is chips and salsa started making her own pita chips to dip in salsa, she separates the pita so it's not double layer, cuts it up, sprinkles some salt and throws it in the oven for a few minutes until crispy. It's actually pretty tastey! She uses low fat/low carb pitas.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 171/166/135

Height: 5'5.5"

I can't stop myself with crackers and chips unfortunatly. I have to avoid them.
janamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

I agree with everyone else, it is all about portion control here, I think these would be very good snack options as long as you stay in control.
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote