Old 05-17-2007, 08:41 AM   #1  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Default 30 something Thurs May 17th

Thank goodness it is almost friday!!

I am doing ok on eating been very active. I mowed the yard last night after daycare. I didn't stop my chores until 8:30 last night. DH and myself had to go talk to the teenager. His teacher flat told him yesterday there is nothing you can do to pass your class so your wasting your time coming to school. I didn't appreciate that. I can understand what he is saying but don't encourage a kid to quit.

have a great day
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:34 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Feeling much better today, thanks for the good thoughts!

Sheila, OMG, I would be livid with my kid's teacher if they told him that!! So what if it's true, that's not the way to say it!! I'd definitely be having a meeting with he principal and teacher.

Michelle, hang in there...you've got a lot going on, take baby steps.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

good morning!
Sheila if I was in your shoes I would take it all the way to the school board, but no less than the principal of the school and in writing, it is my experience you have to put everything on paper. sounds like the teacher is expired for the job! that is a horrible thing to say to a teenager. Great job with eating department!

Lauren I am so glad you are feeling better!
Wow I can't believe how quiet it is here today!

I am trying very hard not to get into a deep depression, I am on my way to the gym to get some blood flowing. I feel very sad today, just woke up sad :sad:

I will be back later!

H
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:47 AM   #4  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Happy ~cheer up girl talk a walk or just go outside it allways does me good
and yeah it is quiet in here well im doing better i got some sleep last night took those dreded before photo's BOY what a wake up call
im really gonna re commit today to this being day 1
take care i'll check in later
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:10 PM   #5  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Morning 30's Chicks!
Sheila - I just wanted to say sorry on behalf of us teachers. I hear that sort of thing in the staff room sometimes and it makes it hard to want to be in there. BTW your avatar always makes me go and get coffee!
Happy - Good idea getting the blood going. I hate waking up in a bad mood!
Hope your day gets better!
Weather's beautiful today, and looking fwd to gardening later!
Everyone have a great day...(Back to planning for pd.3!)
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Girls!

Sheila ~ that is AWFUL. I know teachers get frustrated with dealing with uncooperative kids but taking that approach sure isn't the right one.
Lauren ~ glad that you're all better today!
Michelle ~ you sound much better today too. Amazing what good zzzzz's will do for a person.
happy ~ pat yourself on the back for making yourself go to the gym when you'd much rather stay in bed all day. Are your weekend plans definitely cancelled or is there still a possibility of going to see the new baby?
greeneggsandtam ~ it's good hearing from you! We miss your posts! Still playing soccer?

DH and I enjoyed a bottle of wine last night out on our screened in porch when the kiddies went to bed. It was a great evening but we didn't get to bed until late, which meant that I didn't get up to exercise... DS was driving me nuts this morning and I couldn't drop him off at school soon enough. He talks non-stop in the mornings but I'm able to deal with it 100% better if I have my morning exercise accomplished *and* my coffee in me. DS is 9 and he is on a roll with obnoxious talk; farting, burping, etc., etc... I've called him on, ignored him and yelled... anyone have a good suggestion on how to deal with this? I know that it's all a phase but it gets so tiresome.

Later ~ joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:38 PM   #7  
LBH

Joan...HE'S 9 for goodness sake...what more do you expect?! I don't think there's much more to life for a kid that age, except maybe sports if they're into it, than making obnoxious sounds, etc.!
Old 05-17-2007, 12:59 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Yeah, I know he's 9... which means that this will continue on until he's ... an adult? LOL
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey all..sorry i got a late start today...woke up very late so didn't have time to post. Still feel yuckie...but i think i'm on the road to getting over it (hopefully). Today, work has been very busy, esp since i'm the only dr here. So i've finally had a moment to relax just now. But its been one of those days. I'm just hanging in there, trying to make it through the day.
Happy - hang in there girl. Sorry you are so depressed. I know you have a lot on your plate. I hope things get better.
hey joan...wine sounds good. tonight Dh and i usually go out with friends for happy hour...and we are suppose to be going to my favorite bar...sit on the water..very nice view..but i think i should cancel since i'm still really under the weather.
Hey everyone else. Hope everyone is well.
Sheila - i can't believe a teacher said that. I would definately have a meeting with school officials...it doesn't matter how bad your son is doing...that didn't need to be said.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:34 PM   #10  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

OK gals for starters I did contact the teacher and principal we did have a meeting. small town politics etc. Our teachers have actually slammed kids into the locker and not had one thing done to them. The school usually always wins.

I however approached it like this. Over the past semester my son has been choked in Auto class, His auto teacher has made fun of him to other classes, he has been told he would give him a 2 min start to get going because this senior boy is going to kick his a--. To top it off the auto teacher came to my home and was looking through my sons pickup for a battery. For starters we had chris drug test shows negative, he doesn't party, he is just sassy. I have called the guidance counselor on several different occassions and have yet to receive a phone call. How are we running this school? And now a teacher telling him no use in coming to class you are going to fail anyway. What is up with that, are you not paid to encourage children to learn. I understand it is not just the teachers job but the parents also, but we are encouraging him to stay you however could give a darn. You can either start encouraging him or maybe some parents need to come together and see just what is going on in this school? The teacher got somewhat upset with me I flat told him You can speak to my attorney ifyou would like. Between you and the auto teacher some apologies need to be dished out wouldn't you say.

We will see what happens so upsetting. Most teachers are not like that. I love teachers. This has been a nightmare.

sheila
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:21 PM   #11  
LBH

That's horrible Sheila!! I hope they took this as a wake up call!
Old 05-17-2007, 11:43 PM   #12  

sheila i am so sorry this is happening...what a way to slam a kids self esteem..i cant believe all that has happened to him at a place that should make him feel safe and secure...i dont and never have lived in a small town, but i would pull my kid out of that school so fast and drive him to another town for school...thats me though, and i know sometimes i do things no one else would do...i am glad you told them they can talk to your attorney..big lawsuit if any of that happened out here...good luck to you..i hope your son doesnt take it personally (hard not to though)...good luck to you!

everyone else..i hope you all had a wonderful day...mine pretty much sucked!...i just dont know what to do with my 15 year old...he actually went back to juvenille hall today..i dont know...i feel like a failure even though he is the one making the bad choices...but i do feel guilty...i guess its a mom thing...i just at this point dont know how to help him...i hope i can do the best thing for him..i am so scared that he will not want anything to do with me once he is old enough to move out of the house...we used to be so close i just want that back...well now that i have given you my sob story..sorry guys!...i guess i just needed to get it all out...

have a wonderful night...i will try to check in in the morning...oh...i lost 2 pounds this week...yipppeee
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:24 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

Hanna- hang in there. Remeber you are a wonderful and special person. Everyone is lucky to have you in their lives. I cannot imagine the frustration and defeat you must feel regularly. But you are always there for me when I am battling my demons. So . You can always vent here.

Sheila - It just makes me so sad for your son that an "authority figure" has given up on him and told him so. My husband grew up in a house like that (his dad) and his teachers always yelled. I believe he has a form of dyslexia and no one took the time to find out WHY he couldn't learn. They just gave up. At least your son has loving parents that support him.

GG - glad you are on the mend. It's rough to be sick and have to be "on" your game.

Christina - I know it's hard not to think this is your fault. But it is NOT. My mom went through the same crap with my brother. It was really hard, but she finally just had to turn him away and say, "Enough. When you choose better I'll be here." I mean of course he was a young adult and legally she could kick his butt out. But it still killed her to do it. All I can say is hang on for the rough waters, but the sun always shines after a storm.

Well, I am off to bed. My legs really ache today. But I was kinda happy today, it was sooooo beautiful outside. Made me roll my truck windows down, blare the music, sing and dance!!!

Have a lovely Friday!

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote