South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 03:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 143/143/125

Height: 5'7"

Default New Member: Hello!

I just joined after spending about 3 days checking out all the forums, FAQ, and finally making a profile.

Your tips probably help countless people who never actually create a profile, so I figured I would say thank you for all of them too! I decided to create a profile because I figured I could use the support. And I like the blog option, which I will use to be accountable.

This morning has gone okay so far. I love the quiche cups

Has anyone on this site had 15 pounds or less to lose and had success with SBD? I want to lose about 10 in 6 weeks because I am in a wedding and my dress doesn't fit... but I would like to use the diet to lose the whole 15 and maintain. I have always been able to lose this extra 15 for a certain event, but I can never maintain. As soon as I hit 125 I start eating everything in sight. I hope SBD can control cravings so I don't gain it all back.

Well, that's me. Thanks for letting me be a part of your group.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:41 PM   #2  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Old 05-14-2007, 05:08 PM   #3  
Liz

S/C/G: 307/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

I have way more weight to lose than you, but so far South Beach is the first diet I sould stick too. I LOVE it! I feel wonderful and the weight is coming off even with my insulin resistance. My husband only has about 15lbs (yes I'm married to a thin man!) to lose and it works for him. It's a little slower for him (He refuses to do cardio), but it still works. For some it's very hard to give up the refined carbs, but for me it's an answer to my prayers.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

SunBear! If you follow Phase 1 without any cheating, you should be able to get your cravings under control before you start on Phase 2. Then read the suggestions for starting Phase 2 in the FAQ section to help you continue to be successful.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:49 AM   #5  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 202/196.68/132

Height: 5'6

Old 05-15-2007, 09:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

SunBear - My goal weight loss was between 15-20 punds (the range keeps me sane and from stepping on the scale everyday!) But, as I have posted before, the reason I started SB is because my doctor recommended it after some less than ideal blood work results. She was happy with follow up blood work (6 weeks in) and I have been happy with the wight loss, the health benefits, and the general ease of incorporating SB into my daily life. It is not always easy to do, but what diet or healthy eating plan is always easy? I believe if you follow Phase 1 strictly, then make good choices in Phase 2, and incorporate in some excercise you should be on track to fitting into that dress (some pounds will be gone, but I also found I lost in measurements especially around the middle)!

Good luck!

Old 05-15-2007, 09:30 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Old 05-15-2007, 11:15 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Sunbear!

I think it might be do-able to lose the 10 in 6 weeks, but if you exercise, even if you don't lose, you may be smaller and lose inches.

I hear you about maintaining...but have you entertained the thought that maybe your body wants to be heavier than 125? Maybe that's just too small for you? You could work on strength training and cardio to lose inches while maintaining weight. Just a thought!

Glad to have you with us...you sound organized and prepared. You read the book, too, right? It's really important to do. Welcome, hon!
Old 05-15-2007, 06:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 143/143/125

Thanks for the warm welcome! Yes, I read the book and look at it every day to check things. Luckily I have the new version with the updated lists I think.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:39 AM   #10  

Well I am new to this board and to 3FC and my sister in law and I are going to be starting the diet and we would like to start this weekend, the only this that the following week on Memorial Day weekend we are having a BBQ at her mother in law house and dont know what types of things we can eat. We had planned on bringing our own food. Would that be bad if we did that??
Please help with this first timer.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:55 PM   #11  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

If you are okay with bringing your own food and think you can withstand the temptation to eat the 'bad' food (which is probably really 'good' ) then go for it!

I am going to visit a relative this Saturday (7th day on phase 1) and dreading what to do about the food situation... I think I will pack a big salad in the cooler, so I will have something to fall back on if everything she cooks is totally off-limits.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:55 PM   #12  

Well I think that we could but my SIL's MIL cooks a lot of pasta, potato salad and sugary desserts, so hopefully she wont be upset with us. I see you are from Indiana, which part?? I am from northern Indiana.
Closed Thread