Old 05-14-2007, 09:07 AM   #1  

Default I want to throw my scale through the window!

Okay, guess you can say I had a horrible weigh in this morning. I have major PMS, so I'm hoping that is responsible for most of my gain. Realistically, how much do you gain before TOM? I am so frustrated! Something told me not to even get on the scale toady, but I thought it would be cowardly not to look.

Odd thing is, with the big gain (although I'm hoping a lot is water, please!) my clothes do not feel any tighter. Usually my pants instantly feel tight as soon as I gain more than two pounds.

My eating was not good last week, but I didn't think I ate THOUSANDS of extra calories!

Help and support needed-please!

Thanks for letting me rant!
Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:21 AM   #2  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Height: 5'8"

I typically gain 5-7 pounds. Talk about making you mad!!! So, I don't even get near the scale at that time. Don't worry....it comes right back off.
Man, what us women have to put up with-Sheesh.
Janny O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:28 AM   #3  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

My TOM water weight gain fluctuates from month to month, but it typically ranges anywhere from 2-5 pounds, which can totally take the wind out of your sails if you're not prepared for it! Hang in there, it goes away!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I too am in the 5-7 pounds. I know one time I measured around my belly during TOM and had gained like 6 inches overnight. It did go away along with a few extra pounds. If you know TOM is hitting and you are one who will gain during that time, you might be better off skipping that weigh in and then seeing a bigger loss the next week.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Anywhere from 0 - 5 for me, I think. It's so hard to know for sure because of all the other things that can affect weight but it seems like TOM takes away any loss and adds a couple of pounds....I HATE that! I also stall/gain when I'm ovulating.

Chin up, Sherry....in 3-7 days you can weigh again and will see big drop!!!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:39 AM   #6  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I have always been too afraid to go near the scale when I have my TOM. I get bloated, hungry and grumpy. So you are not alone, hang in there and soon you will be feeling ok, and the scale will be going back down.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:03 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hang in there. The goods news is...this will pass!!! Have a good week and you'll be doubly rewarded next Monday!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote