Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-14-2007, 12:55 AM   #1  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Default i took my "before" pics.....

...and they are AWFUL! I made sure to wear a tank top and shorts so I will remember just how everything looked. It's sort of depressing, but at the same time relieving to get this started. I also got my weight and measurements - how in the world are my boobs smaller than my waist and my hips are just about the same size as my waist? I don't even want to know.

Things I have to do: cut out soda - period. Drink tea w/splenda for caffiene instead. Eat more veggies to fill me up. COOK MORE, less eating out. Exercise 5 days a week no excuses!

I desperately want to look good again. The other day my husband, who sometimes says things that he doesn't intend to be cruel, told me that my weight has been an issue since before we got married and I have been on a "seven year bender". Yeah, that made me feel bad, but to be honest, he's right. I haven't taken care of myself in the least. What started out as a 70 pound pregnancy gain has turned into a lifestyle and it's depressing. I want to do better for myself. I want to be able to run after my kids and play sports with them without getting winded. I intend to stick to this regiment of eating well and exercising and by writing this here, I hope to keep myself motivated.
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Congrats to you for deciding to make the change!

I'm especially pleased to see that you have a starter-plan for beginning your weight loss journey. The more concrete and specific your plan, the better you'll be able to do. You might find logging what you eat to be helpful--you can use Fitday, Nutridiary or a plain old notebook--and when you get to the point where you need to shake up your plan, it will be really useful to have a record of what you ate for the first couple of weeks or months.

Good luck!
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

Height: 5'5"

You CAN do this! Just keep yourself accountable and make small goals. The little changes are sometimes the biggest ones.
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:32 PM   #4  

Those first before pics are so hard! but you will be so glad you have them when you start to see changes. Sometimes you can't see them in the mirror, but you can in the photos. You can do this!
healthytoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

Before pictures are definitely awful. Just use them to motivate you when you're feeling weak!
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:02 PM   #6  
Starting Over

I have to say I look way better in the mirror than in a picture. HAHA.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:15 AM   #7  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

It sounds like you have a great plan in place to get started - I'm sure you'll start to see results pretty quickly. Have you thought about talking to your husband about how his comments make you feel? Having him as a supportive partner in your weight loss, rather than a judgemental one, will make it much easier to stay on track.
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:28 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Congrats on getting started. I hate before pics. I didn't really take any when I started at 196. I actually tried to avoid the camera. But pictures really do help you see differences and they help hold you accountable. I remember the first time i noticed a change was in a picture with my best friend. I could see my jaw line without the extra neck surrounding it. I took a pic of myself in my 2 peice bathing suit when I hit 30 pounds lost. I look AWFUL in it. But at least I will be able to see a difference in my waist and belly and thighs when I really start to lose from those areas. Good luck and keep planning and before you know it...you'll be at goal!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:37 AM   #9  
Starting Over

my husband is blunt, but very supportive. he's just a call it as it is person, not mean spirited at all. i'm telling ya, it was his comment that really snapped me out of my funk! he took my before pictures and even though i don't believe him he said i am beautiful and sexy as i am right now.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:41 PM   #10  
Brittany

S/C/G: 290/Check Tracker/115

Height: 5'5

Quote:
I have to say I look way better in the mirror than in a picture. HAHA.
Isn't that the craziest thing!!

I look at myself EVERYDAY and yeah I don't look SKINNY in the mirror but when I actually took a picture of myself I looked COMPLETELY different than what I was seeing in the mirror It was a huge wakeup call for me.

funny how seeing my friends in person and in pictures they look just the same but I look way fatter... so odd
I Heart Diet Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:44 PM   #11  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Im gonna take mine tonight (shiver) god this is gonna hurt
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:36 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 228/228/160

Height: 5'4

I know what you mean about the differences between pictures and mirrors. We had to get our picture taken for our church directory yesterday, after the picture was taken we had to go choose which one we wanted in the directory. I almost started to cry when I saw the picture. When I look in the mirror I do not see myself looking like I did in that picture. Before pictures are a huge eye opener!

It looks like you have a great start to your plan. I am with you on the cutting out of soda! That is something my DH has been challenging me on...I love soda..
stephyk is offline   Reply With Quote