Old 05-13-2007, 08:04 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default New...sort of

I am back after a looooonnnnngggg hiatus. The last time I posted was 2001! YIKES! My goal is to lose 115 pounds but more importantly to gain the energy and stamina that has been long lost. I think this is the perfect place to get the support and encouragement that I need through this journey!

I would appreciate any comments, concern, criticism and/or encouragment you may have to offer!
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:46 PM   #2  
LWM

S/C/G: 263/255/150ish

Height: 5'4"

back!! I am looking forward to getting to know you.

~Laura
LWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Welcome back. We will be here whenever you need us. Good luck.
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:32 PM   #4  

Thank You for welcoming me! I am looking forward to receiving the support I need from people that understand what I am going through! (my husband is very understanding, but...well, you know) I am in a place in my life now where I am excited about a new lifestyle...

Bob Greene says to take weight loss slowly (it came on slowly, after all) and that is exactly what I am trying to do. I began exercising 3-5 times a week about a month ago and I am now going on to the next phase in my journey...and I am looking forward to it! For the first time I have not felt the need to binge before beginning this change. WooHoo!
Old 05-13-2007, 10:06 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I'm so glad you found your way back here. This truly is a remarkable place for support, encouragement and advice. Good luck on your journey. Looking forward to getting to know you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Welcome back. This will be fun!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:31 AM   #7  
someday, we all hope!

S/C/G: 253/185/145

Height: 5'7"

Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Making the lifestyle changes to become healthy, and to stay healthy, that's tough. Sometimes, we have to find the necessary resolve in stages. Most of us have been there! But when you really are fed up with being sick and tired of being..., then it's like there is no other choice, and you just get down to business. Glad you're here, this is a great place for support & advice. Good luck on your weight-loss journey!
becoming wisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:47 AM   #8  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

So glad you decided to come back. We are here for you.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:11 AM   #9  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Smile Welcome back!!

Welcome back Tonia!!! You can do it, and you are right slowly is the best way. I am sure you can do it!!
For me what I do is cound calories, I have to admit I can't stick( right now) to a low low calorie diet, it is not healthy for my weight and it makes me hungry. I eat about 15-1700 calories a day, gave up junk food, chips, fried foods, and eat much more fruit, smaller meals, and healthier. I exercise 5-6 days a wk for 45 minutes now( i began at 15 minutes), using cardio/ weights as my exercise plan. I have more energy now, I feel better, my feet were very swollen( no more), and I was going into a 26 pants( am back down to a 24). For me the problem is sticking to it, I was here last year lost about `15 pounds and stopped , and gained that back and more. I use a online food diary to help,and read posts here, which reminds me I can do it, like lots here have. So you see you are not alone, we are all on a journey to reclaim our bodies and our life. Hope you keep posting. cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:15 PM   #10  

Thanks...this weight issue for me has been an issue since I have had children (16 years). For me it is a mindset - I have to be mentally prepared and I truly ready but I know that it will be a process that must be taken slowly. I recently read in an Oprah magazine Bob Greene's take on weight loss and it totally made since to me. In a nutshell he says to take weight loss in three steps:
1) get your body moving
2) eleminate certain food from your diet
3) increase activity and count calories (I think, I am not there yet... )
So, that is what I am doing. I have been going to the gym now for about a month and am moving on to #2....with excited anticipation!!!!

Today is a busy day, but soon I plan on checking out the profiles...wow! 130 pounds lost! 56 pounds! 44 pounds! 26 pounds! 31 pounds! 9 pounds! 8 pounds! I love the small goals - mine is to eliminate these foods and then regroup in four weeks. Obviously not a 'weight' goal but I am not sure what to expect these next four weeks. I will keep you posted, though...!
Old 05-15-2007, 10:07 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back. It sounds like you are ready to take on your weight and you are in a good mindset. I love Bob Greene. He has such great insight.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:36 AM   #12  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back! We always come home!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote