Old 05-09-2007, 07:07 PM   #1  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Default Newbie to the 40 somethings thread

Hi everyone, I just discovered this part of 3FCs. Usually I post under SUPPORT in general.
ANYWAY....I am 42, and went thru menapause on my 40th birthday.
It was just like you hear, hot flashes and night sweats. It didn't last a long time though, not months or years....it was over very quickly.
None of my old doctors were concerned about it, but I think I need to be taking something, not sure what. But Sally Field keeps popping up on commercials talking about menapause and to see your doctor so you can "take what is right for you".
Have any of you experienced early menapause? I know people my age in the "peri' stages but nobody full blown like me.
The only good thing about it is birth contol!
However I do think it has contributed to my belly fat since my Csection at age 39. If you have ever seen any of my threads or notes, my history had been skinny prior to having my 2 kids, now ages 5 and 3.
I went from 135 up to 200+. It's sicking.
I am the fattest mom I know every place I go.
Anyway, just wanted to drop in and look forward to more threads on this board!
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:48 AM   #2  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Welcome!! I'm not into menopause yet, so I can't help you there. But, I'm a fat mom and in my 40's (43), so I'm with you there!! Join in. There is a lot of chatter on the "47 and no idea" thread. I have seen you post in the support forum. Glad you joined us over here, too!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 164 164 124

Height: 5'4"

Hi ,I'm Liz and new also .I had a complete Hysterectomy at 30 and went from a size 4 to a 10. I am now 45 and a size 8 a tough 8, losing weight for me is a nightmare. It's is close to impossible ,I would love to help you in any way.

Liz
Lizzy Gourmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 141

Height: 5"2

Default Hi there [url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] [img]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-retr

I'm 41 and just started the ideal protein diet, which supposedly might help me with hot flashes and mood swings. It's day 1 for me and so far it's been a drastic change from my constant carb nibbling.
kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 141

Height: 5"2

Default signature

I just tried to copy and paste my weight tracker and all it showed was the obscure alphabet codes, not the image. What am i doing wrong?
kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Kramer, you have to have a certain number of posts and be here for a certain amount of time before you can have a ticker.

2Bthinagain. Welcome. You are certainly welcome to join us on the 40 somethings thread. Feel free to jump into the weekly thread where we talk about what's going on in our lives and how it is affecting our weight loss journey. Great group of ladies.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote