Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 09:01 AM   #1  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Question Calculator?

I want to buy a WW calculator from eBay and I'm debating which one would be best.

There's the new model, which is a small white square unit that calculates points.

There's also two older models, one blue and one silver, both rectangular, that apparently calculates points AND keeps track of your points for the day.

The older ones appeals to me, but if they worked well, I'm thinking WW wouldn't have the newer one out.

Can anybody give me any insight? I currently use a website (don't have a slider) but I'm getting tired of running to the computer every time I eat something.

Last edited by AmyMCGS; 05-09-2007 at 09:09 AM.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

I had an old calculator and I ended up never using it. In my own personal opinion, you'd be better off buying a slider off ebay for your purse
Old 05-09-2007, 10:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 141

Height: 5 5

I have the silver one and I LOVE IT! I use it all time time!! It is very easy to use and comes in very handy!
Old 05-09-2007, 10:37 AM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

The newest one works with the current porgram as it is written. The older ones won't give with it. Remember W/W changed the program in December to make it more personalized.

BTW watch prices with shipping on e-bay for this stuff. They really get silly. If you are near a meeting you can see if they will let you go in there and buy it (some will even if you are not a member but some won't you just have to ask).
Old 05-09-2007, 11:02 AM   #5  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

You can still use old calculators to calculate the points values of foods. If this is all that you want to do, any old points calculator or new one will work just fine because the way points are calculated for a food item has not changed. The matter of a daily allowance though HAS changed. The old points calculators can track your daily points, but the daily points allowed is based on the old system. What you do with the old calculator is calculate the points value, and when you are prompted to "use these points?" you can enter "no" or just turn the machine off. I then manually track my points in my food log. At least, this is how I use my old calculator. I DID buy a new one because they are much smaller and easily portable, and confirmed that the points value of food as calculated by either machine is the same!
The paper sliders are also just fine for calculating points, although the new square one seems a bit flimsier and a bit more awkward size-wise as opposed to the older, rectangular points counter.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:29 PM   #6  
Saavy?

S/C/G: 167/158/125

Height: 5'0"

I prefer the little square calculator to my old rectangular slider. I take the little one to the grocery store with me too, and check points of things before I purchase them.

I love the new one!
Old 05-10-2007, 02:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 229/214.6/135

Height: 5'2"

I have and use the old blue one. The WW leader said to just not use more than 4 grams of fiber when you use it. I liked being able to count the full count of fiber. I have just gone back this week after quite some time off program.

I use my blue one in the grocery store also.
Linda
Old 05-10-2007, 02:25 PM   #8  

Height: 5'3

I have the old silver one..I love it. You can track your APs, your water, veggies, etc. Plus you can manually change your daily points target on it so even though it is with the old program it still is usable with the newer one kwim? I don't use mine all the time but it is really handy!
Old 05-15-2007, 08:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: SW/253/CW231/GW175

Height: 5'8

I'm doing WW online and my PC has shut down i been using the one at work. I didn't know there was any such thing. Off to ebay to buy one...can i buy it from anywhere else?
Closed Thread