Old 05-09-2007, 08:11 AM   #1  
Beth- losing it for me!

S/C/G: 260/260/160

Height: 5'5

Default Need a swift kick in the...

Ok so I have over 100 lbs to lose. I know what I have to do, at least I think I do, I just feel like something isn't clicking ya know? I just could use some words of wisdom and encouragement to get me going. I don't know what's wrong with me.
BethIsLosingIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:45 AM   #2  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

Wow i have been heavy ok Fat all my life......my secret is oatmeal you can do it if you change for a lifetime not just diet!!

We are here for you!!!!
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:47 AM   #3  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Oatmeal is a part of every day, i have not even gone 1 day without it.........
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:06 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Well, I know you can do it! I started with over 200 lbs to lose. WOW...that is a pretty intimidating amount. I have broken it into smaller goals and are much more doable. You also need to get into the mindset that the way you will be eating and exercising, etc. is for life and doesn't end when I reach my goal. I am not dieting. I eat when hungry and try to make good food choices. Am I always making smart ones? Heck no. I just try better with the next meal/snack.

The one thing that helped me in the beginning is to make small changes. I started by adding more movement in my daily routine. I parked further away from the building for work, parked at the back of the parking lot at the store, etc. After a few weeks, I started some regular cardio exercise. You can do it and the people here are terrific and generous with their support.
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:07 AM   #5  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Thumbs up

Beth you can do it!!!! Take it slow, Don't eat too little and move. We are all in the same boat, trying to loose all this weight, and by doing it slowly and smart we can do it.
Find what is right for you and stick with it. I don't eat oatmeal much in the summer/spring. My typical breakfast is 6 0z of grapefruit juice with either special k cereal with banana, or 2 hard boiled eggs and toast, or sometimes fat free yogurt with banana and strawberries and granola sprinked on top.
I don't eat red meat and poultry so protien is always a big issue and my anemia too.
It sounds like you are ok , don't worry and you can do it.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:58 AM   #6  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Hi Beth,
I was about your weight when I started. My reason was; I was just pissed off at myself! I couldn't take it anymore. I think just by you posting, that you've come to the realization that something needs to change in your life.
It hasn't been easy, but it also has not been that bad either. You almost have to do it one day at a time.
Good luck to you and use this website-it is a total inspiration!!!!
Jan
Janny O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

You're right about something having to "click," but you're also right to come here and look for something that will click for you. I waited for years for it to click, and all my attempts failed until it finally did. I got up to 275 pounds. Then it "clicked," and I came here daily for inspiration (which I will always do from now on), and it seems to be working! I hope that it clicks for you, and I'm sure it will because you're here at 3FC!! There are so many wise and wonderful people here that you can learn from. I learn so much from the people here every day, and I hope they sometimes learn from me a little too.

What kind of plan are you thinking of trying? Are you thinking of just starting slowly with small changes or do you have something more concrete in mind? Maybe we can get down to specifics and help you get going!!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:37 PM   #8  
Beth- losing it for me!

Thanks Everyone, well I have tried many things. La weight loss worked for me and then I gained it all back after getting pregnant. I cannot afford it now. I have been on and off WW many times. I just feel like I need a plan, I need to be weighed and held accountable, I just am stuck and don't know what I should do.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:49 PM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi Beth.

I spent 20 years being fat, unhealthy, inactive and miserable. Then something finally did "click" for me. I just decided I didn't want to be fat anymore. I know it sounds simple and silly, but that's what it basically boiled down to.

You don't need lots of money either. Fruits and vegetable and low fat proteins are some of the biggest bargains at the grocery store. Think of all the money you will save by eliminating junk food and all that fast food. Walking doesn't cost a dime. If you want to do this, you absolutely, positively CAN. Posting here at the 100lb club and all the various threads that it has can definitely help to keep you accountable.

Good luck to you. Please remember that this really and truly is doable. Post often so that we get to know you. This is a great place full of wonderful, helpful and supportive people.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:52 PM   #10  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Thumbs up

Beth, I do understand what you are saying about trying to lose weight and going off your plan.
I have just begun this journey of weight loss, but for me I think I need to be accountable for myself. I put the food in my mouth, I overate the hagan daz , or the bag of chips. No one else put that in front of me. I am doing a food diary where I write down what I eat and see what I eat and how much I am burning off by exercising. I just discoved www.thedailyplate.com, but there is also www.fitday.com, both are free, and you can even write what you are feeling when you are eating. I really do think eating and emotion goes hand in hand, especially for me this size. I eat when I am bored, I eat when I am sad, I eat when I am lonely, I eat when I realize I am too fat and no one will love me.
my wake up call was the fat under may arms and between my legs is rubbing together so much I have soars. My feet were swollen, and I felt tired allthe time. I want to live , and the way I was going, I felt like I was 50 ,instead of 38.
I hope this helps some, you don't need to do all those expensive things to lose weight, check out books from the library, some let you check out exercise dvd's also, or rent one from blockbuster, to see if you like it. Walk around the block, and freecycle is a great place to find free exercise machines.
You can do it!! cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:59 PM   #11  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

I used to think i needed to be held accountable. that i needed to be weighed and check in with an authority.

I do NOT know what clicked for me a year ago but DH and i went on South Beach and we have not looked back.

maybe the flexibility of eating food i like in amounts i like and knowing that once in a while i can 'treat'...

maybe the fact that my husband was slowly being swallowed by his fat or that I could barely move...

what i've learned is that it's slow... very slow... and i eat the way i do now because it tastes good, it fills me and i feel better. it's become a life habit now to eat well, drink water and go to the gym.....

what worked for me won't work for you... you have to find what works for you. trust me if I knew, I'd bottle it and be rich.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 02:13 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

You've got some super advice. These ladies know what they are talking about. I also break it down to 10 lbs at a time. When I reached the 210's , I set my goal for 201's, when I reached that goal I set my goal for the 190's and now I'm working toward the 180's.
I also read and read and read. You can never learn too much. I don't believe everything I read but I try things and if they work I stick with them.
Right now I'm sticking with Superfoods and eating healthy, counting calories and exercise. I also know like everyone else this is not a diet but for the rest of my life. You can do it. We are here for you.
If you want to be weighed weekly in a group setting. Try TOPS it is inexpensive. I like going to a meeting once a week and knowing I'll be weighed in.
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:31 PM   #13  
Beth- losing it for me!

Thank you again everyone, I can tell I will like it here, you all seem very nice and supportive. Cheryl thanks for those websites, I really like the Daily Plate, and the fact that it is free is even better. I look forward to getting to know you all a lot better.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:35 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Beth - Welcome! Glad you're here!

You will really like The Daily Plate, I think. I love it. Even if you decide calorie counting isn't for you it will still help you see a visual listing of exactly what is going in your mouth each day.

Also, like everyone has said before me, keep coming back! This site really does make a difference.

On the accountability...I find that my competitive spirit keeps me accountable here just by posting on the weigh-in thread each week. It isn't like I'm hoping to "beat" anyone out here...but I don't want to be the only one gaining! You might try that. It's free!

Other than that it's going to be up to you. That's the hard part. You are going to have to take responsibility for each and every choice you make. You CHOOSE everytime you sit down at the table and put that fork in your mouth. If you are making healthy choices and moving your body more than you were before then it has NO OTHER OPTION but to lose weight. Don't get in a hurry...it will come off in due course. Impatience could lead you to doing things to yourself that are unhealthy and counter-productive.

GOOD LUCK and happy losing!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote