Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-07-2007, 08:31 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekly Chat - May 14th - 20th

Good Morning

Good to see you all posting yesterday, Trish, Buddly, Hope

Well here we are again... MOANDAY

Nothing planned for the week cept I'm gonna try AGAIN to watch those calories and get in some exercise...

How about you girls? any plans, doing anything exciting this week?

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:34 AM   #2  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning all - this week I am going to try to get my life back to 'normal' - whatever THAT is! hahahaha Going to try to complete some irritating little tasks that I have been putting off until the show closed (which it did yesterday, spectacularly!) like cleaning the house - it is DISGUSTING!

Going to get my bike up out of the basement today and get it tuned up and ready to ride, but probably won't actually go OUT on it today... back to walking, but hubby wants to come so we'll likely have a nice re-introductory stroll after dinner.

Back to figure skating tomorrow evening and that's probably it for the week - just getting my body and behaviour back in synch!!

Nice to see so many here over the weekend - hope you are all well and the sun is shining where you are!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:42 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning everyone!

Not a very nice day here at the moment, clouds and rain. But the news says its suppose to be nice on Wednesday, we can always hope.

I don't have much planned for the week, payday is on Thurs, so its better if I stay home. I do have to meet up with my mom tomorrow to pick up a dog house she picked up on freecycle. Today I've just been trying to catch up on some of the cleaning. I corraled a lot of dust bunnies and actually washed the floor plus got the bathroom all spiffy! Also put a roast in the slow cooker so all is good. Hubby came home again, he's been here since Friday, I'm not use to him home so much, he drives me nuts when he doesn't have something to do, like work!!! Now I'm going to learn how to upload the pics from the digital camera and how to load my mp3 player. DDA usually does it, but I want to do it on my own.

Hope sometimes poop recognition is a good thing Hope you find something for your mom, I just send cards to my mil and my dad's wife. And things are way more informal with my mom as she she use to study with the Jehovah witnesses and now she doesn't, so we just do whatever. I usually call her though.

Heather congrats on your show. Good luck with the figure skating!

Leenie I hope you have an easier week at work and good luck with your plans. I really have to start back with my exercise.

Take care all and have a good week everyone!
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:26 PM   #4  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Good afternoon,

Not much going on here either. I have to clean out my car today so that I can take it to the mechanic tomorrow for a vibration when I go over 60mph. I still have the back full of files and stuff from when I cleaned out my office when I quit my job. It's only been a little over 2 months I've been hauling this stuff around! That's normal right?

Why do I put things off? Why is the simplest thing so overwhelming and I make it out to be the biggest task?

Anyway, I got my mom's Mother's Day card and yes, gift certificate in the mail today. I feel like I accomplished something. Doing things you are supposed to do, what a concept! I hate that I feel like I deserve a gold star for doing the simplest task most don't give a thought to, b/c they are busy doing hundreds of these tasks daily w/o a thought. Oh, to be a normal and productive member of society. One day...

I have to get a job soon so I can dread Monday's as much as you do Leenie. My days of freedom are numbered.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

You know I don't have a job and I still dread Mondays. I have to get up early to get my son off to school and I have to workout again. I usually let myself have to weekend off. Oh well!

Things are going pretty good today, I went and worked out then I walked to the park with the kids and they played on the toys. I also met a friend and her kids there so it was pretty fun. Well I will check back in later. Have a great day.

Trish
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:36 PM   #6  
Starting Again

I'm feeling a little blah today. It's kind of dreary here. I think it may rain the next couple of days.

I got the car fixed this morning and now don't really know what to do with myself. I usually have my pool league Tuesday nights, but we have this week off. There's of course plenty I should do, but just not interested in house work today.

Anybody doing anything exciting today?

Good job on the workout Trish. Heather: how's the skating and biking?
Old 05-08-2007, 04:29 PM   #7  
Heather 2.0

Will let you know about skating tomorrow as I go tonight - until half past nine; <hangs head in shame> still haven't dragged the bike up from the basement... oops - must do that... tomorrow!!
Heather
Old 05-09-2007, 08:39 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishn222 View Post
You know I don't have a job and I still dread Mondays. Trish
that made me chuckle... your so cute Trish.

Hope I hope you don't dread them as much as I do haaaaaaheheheee silly girl.

Buddly, I'm handing you the keys to my house since your on a cleaning kick... my house is sooooooo messy... EVERY ROOM !!!

Heather todays a new day.... hang in there honey..you can do it !!! small steps huh

Okay no head hanging, no shame, no guilt... hows that for our weekly goal girls???? Lets just all try to do our best okay

Well back to work.... I'm just swamped.

I won't be posting tomorrow, I have a workshop to attend in south jersey...so I'll see you chickies on Friday... WHOOT! Its gonna be 80 today aaaaaaaah. love it.

Have a wonderful day.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 06:02 PM   #9  
Starting Again

Hi folks,

I actually didn't eat that poorly today and I took a short walk. Have you ever eaten crap for so long that your body needs a break? I think that's what happened here. Just the thought of greasy food today gives me a stomach ache.

I realize I have too much time on my hands, but I miss everybody. It's getting lonely in here. Any boring, mundane post would be welcome!
Old 05-09-2007, 07:21 PM   #10  
Heather 2.0

Well - I skated! My instructor told me at the end of the lesson that as I stepped out on to the ice, my face colour matched my skates! LOL!! But it came back to me slowly, and if my confidence didn't exactly SOAR, well... at least it glided along beside me...! It was good to get back on the ice.

I STILL haven't gotten my bike out - okay fine, I'm leaving it until the weekend... I feel quite irritable (probably tired) and want to eat crap (but deliberately only bought veggies and fresh salsa, so that should combat that!) so I'm not very good company today.

I'll chat to ya'll tomorrow Chins up!!!

Heather
Old 05-09-2007, 08:21 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I took my kids to the zoo and to the park today. It was a lot of fun to just be out and enjoying them. I finally am really being able to enjoy them again and it is really nice. Also did my workout this morning and so far today I have stayed well in my calorie range. It is a good day. Talk with you later.

Trish
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 100kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 170cm

hi everyone

I'm Kylie - I usually hang out with the Aussie Chicks, but I've recently become qualified to hang out over here, too! Yep, went to the doc on Monday, and I have depression.

I thought I'd say hello, and see what you girls are up to. How do you keep your chin up? Exercise/diet and life-wise?

til then

Kylie
Elerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:29 AM   #13  

Hi everyone,
It's been a long time since I was here....I am doing a lot better these days.
In March I went to the naturopath....he put me on Niacinamide 1500 mg....I take 3 tablets....each 500 mg. in the morning with food. He told me they are giving Niacinamide for depression.....but it is a bigger dose....he said it has helped a lot of people.
Since then I haven't been depressed at all.....haven't felt so good in years.
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:49 AM   #14  
CIN

Good Morning Everyone!
I have not posted in a long time either but it is good to see some new faces and some familiar faces too!

Is Cathy still posting? How about Liz & Tippy? Hope so!

I am fine and feeling very healthy these days....back in a regular exercise routine....not setting any records but am consistent each day getting in some physical activity...it is a mind set for sure! I think exercise does a WHOLE lot more for us than we recognize because I for one feel in much better control of LIFE in general when I take time for 30 minutes of physical activity!

I am still leading 5 WW meetings a week and subbing any chance I get!(thankful for the extra work and income)

Leenie.I bet your little girl is getting big! She should be at a "good" age and easier at this point! (hopefully)

Well....don't want to bore you all to death so I will sign off!

Have a "sunshiny" day!

Cin

Good jobs are something we need to be thankful for too! Hey.....even bad jobs pay the bills!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:51 PM   #15  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Hi everybody!

This is my first post in the "Depression"- section of the forum....Hope you don´t mind if I join the weekly chat!

Well, maybe a short introduction would be good: I am 26 years now and it feels like I am suffering from Depression since...forever. Actually, I still tend to think that my life has to be this way...I already tried to committ suicide a few times.
Most times, I try to "cure" myself with overeating, i also had issues with alcohol and valium abuse.

I read a lot about depression and I KNOW, that it is a chemical imbalance and it´s not just lack of willpower. But I somehow think that this not true in my case. Every other depressed person in the world is ill, I am just lazy. That´s why I never took ADs.

At the moment, things are going really though. I have my final exam in 14 weeks. Bad, because I don´t have the energy to get up and learn. Ok, learning is totally unnecessary- my mind is so cloudy, I can´t remember what I read a few minutes ago....
And it doesn´t go away- no matter how clean I eat, how much I exercise or if I take my vitamins. I do all that, but I still feel horrible.

Plus (I guess that´s: th icing of the cake) I have a very painful Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJD, TMJ or TMD or TMJ syndrome) since five month. So my jaws, all the facial muscles around are really hurting. Unfortunately, a surgery seems to be the last option for me

Interestingly, ADs are also used to help with pain. One physician gave me Amitriptilin (50mg, had to take it with an opiod). I rarely felt that bad in my life. The side effects were horrible! And I was a bit freaked becaused of the "promised" weight gain. So I didn´t took at again....

Anyway. The next try would be Cymbalta. I already have the pills here, but I want to speak with my dentist about it before i take it. And I have a exam/ presentation next Friday- so I think I´ll wait eight days.

I am a bit thrilled: there is a chance that there is a solution which reduces my pain (it´s really a lot of pain) and it helps with my depression the same time. I am really afraid of all the side effects, but on the other hand it could be a life saver for me!

Ok, that´s was a very looong short hello!

Kate
Kate109 is offline   Reply With Quote