Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-06-2007, 05:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/172/155

Height: 5'6"

Default something that has helped me.

I just thought I would share this with you guys here. I have been reading through the posts and know that I am suffering from what everyone here is.

I have that binge disorder with out the purge disorder.

As a consequence, i am overwieght. I eat for comfort, i eat to unwind, i eat because i like to curl up on the couch and dig in to a big vat of ice cream and block out everything else from my mind.

i did not believe this would help, but something has quelled my urges lately so maybe there was something to this advice. Someone told me that cravings were the result of mineral deficiencies. I didn't think it would do anything honestly and maybe it is just coincidence, but I have tried 2 additions to my diet that may be helping. One change i may was putting a pinch of natural celtic sea salt into my dinner. It is high in trace minerals which are lacking in regular table salt.
The second thing that i added to my diet for extra trace minerals is I have been having 2 tablespoons of a powder called "Dr. Fosters essential nutrients" mixed in with a cup of soy milk in the mornings with breakfast. i have been doing this regularly for the past 3 weeks and i think i have noticed a decrease in cravings and the urge to binge.

In addition to that i began buying a bar of organic dark chocolate to reward myself ( or to eat just because ).

It is strange, but i don't even feel the need to go down to the secretaries offices at my job like I used to to raid thier candy stashes. I used to do it daily. They keep your basic hershies kisses and snickers bars stashed in thier candy dishes. Just the kind of thing I can get addicted to.

and lately I don't even feel the desire to buy the dark chocolate. twice in the past week i passed it over at the check out line.

Another tip that i have encorporated is to eat frozen berries with a little bit of soy milk on top. even if you eat the whole bag, it is not nearly as many calories as a gallon of ice cream. or a bag of chips. In addition, i try to buy organic if i can, and they are free of preservatives, and high in antioxidents and nutrients.

As I said, it seems to be working for me. I will have to give it more time, but I thought i would share because the way I had been craving sweets and junk food for the last 3 years or so, I think i was honestly afraid on some level that the urges were too strong for me ever to over come. so if this is what is helping me, maybe someone else would benefit from it.

If you want to give it a try, let me know, I ordered my celtic sea salt and Dr Fosters stuff on line. I could help you find it.

well, good luck everyone and don't give up hope.

bye,
Kaebea.
kaebea is offline   Reply With Quote