South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 05:58 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Fabulous Friday Chat - May 4

Another glorious sunny day is unfolding out there. No coffee on the deck this morning as it's got scaffolding and shingles lying around. The guys have torn off the back part of the roof - good thing no rain is predicted.

I won't be at the gym first thing this morning as I need to take DH Harry to the doctor to have a growth removed from his head. This is the second one and we know this type is cancerous. Poor guy! Morale: wear a hat outside when you are bald even if you don't burn! One of the nurses from the nursing home is going along with me to help with transfers.

This afternoon, between construction consults, I am going to do a bit of gardening and then sit and relax with a book once the guys leave.

"Who are these people?" someone asked. Kevin is my general contractor, Robbie is his roofer, Donna is my cleaning woman, Eric is a 14 year old neighbour kid, Doug is a close friend and Moel is the sweet neighbour up the hill. I really DO live by myself with the dogs - it just doesn't seem that way sometimes!

What's happening around your Beach towel this Friday?
Old 05-04-2007, 06:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, isn't it wonderful that we have our "circle of friends" ready to lend a hand when we need it? Sounds like things are really happening at your house! Just think of how good you'll feel when all the renovating is finished and you're living in a newly remodeled home! I hope Harry's surgery goes well today.

I won't be around this weekend, my daughter needs me to babysit Carley tomorrow morning, and Saturday night we're going to see "Menopause". My son-in-law is the musical director for it, and it's finally coming to the end of it's run after more than 2 years. I can't believe I haven't seen it yet!

Today the girls have a birthday party to attend at Boomers after school, so that will take care of the afternoon. I'll need to do a bit of laundry when I get home tonight. Supper's going to be a WW pizza with turkey pepperoni.

To answer the question "who is Maggie?", Maggie is 3 and Audrey is 6, and I work as a nanny for their family.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:03 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm dying to see "Menopause" or some other good theatre. I miss it. Did I ever tell you I was in "The Vagina Monologues" two years ago? or was it three? Time goes quickly when you're having fun. Actually it goes quickly even when you are NOT having fun! Seize the moment!
Old 05-04-2007, 07:32 AM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Beachers! and Happy Friday.

I have to post quickly as I have a lot of work to finish this morning. Today, we are driving up to GA with the DDs (imagine, 7 hours in the car with a 7 and 11 year old! Yikes!) We are showing the girls the area and looking into places to rent while we house hunt. No, we havent signed a contract on our house yet. We're hoping to hear from the realtor this morning. I'm hoping everything will go through as we've been told it looks extremely promising. I'm afraid we will be very let down if thats not the case. We leave around noon, so I won't be back on the boards until Sunday evening or Monday morning. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:51 AM   #5  

Git yer Friday Freak on Girls!!!

Ruth: sounds like an Army is forming at the Delta! You must post pics of the kitchen reno! I hope all goes well for H. He is like the energizer bunny..

Cottage: Enjoy some family time this weekend at the play!
Girly: the contract goes through! You mighta anwered this ..but are you originally from Georgia? I hope you find a nice rental.. We're in the perfect rental in nc while we look to buy land and build or find a house.

It's raining out today and will be drizzly .... so after the Dentist, I have to rework my resume... and MIL is going to dust and mop for me... She loves to clean, so the least I can do is oblige her

Have a OP Day!!!
Old 05-04-2007, 07:57 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Really Really bad storms here overnight, (so bad that they opened shelters for people in FEMA trailers) so ...this morning is kind of depressing and yucky..supposed to keep raining all day, we are under a flood watch, and of course I have a lot of errands to get done after work..a great day to stay in bed, but life is calling...

Hope everyone has a wonderful and productive day!
Old 05-04-2007, 08:21 AM   #7  
runbikeswim

S/C/G: 164/150/137

Height: 5'-6"

Hi Hi

It's early out here but a hectic day awaits -- another 2 #'s on PH1. Sooo happy it's working So sorry about the kitchen reno, ruth. Mine was madness and that was with a fabulous contractor. But you'll love it when it is done!

Gonna get a run in before the dawn.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:33 AM   #8  
Michael Ann 1973

Good Friday Morning,

Just flying through to say, "Have a good one!"

Cottage: I swear I thought those were your kids or grandkids...too funny...thanks for the clarification. You have been taking care of them for a while...I remember them from early 2005 when I came here.

Rhonda: The house will sell today girly!

Take care ya'll!
Old 05-04-2007, 09:12 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey chicks,
Quick check in today. All things are fine in my first week of phase 2. There's a carnival this weekend that I'm taking my girls to. It should be lots of fun.
Girly It's raining here in GA today hopefully you don't get hit too hard on your road trip.
Ruth Sorry to hear about your DH my dad recently had to have something lanced as well but luckily it wasn't cancerous.
Schatzi I wish someone would clean and dust my house. I'm soo jealous.
I hope everyone else has a great weekend. Good luck staying OP.
Pohai
Old 05-04-2007, 09:21 AM   #10  
Just...t.

S/C/G: 160/125 (135 on planet Earth!)

Height: 5'5"

too early for me today. The coffee just finished, when I'm done here I'm gonna go get a cup to get me going. The boss is out and I'm here to hold down the fort. Of course I am the ONLY one in the office today ( there's usually only 2 or 4 of us) But still, it's rough to spend the entire day by yourself. But that leaves more time for me to chat w/ ya'll!
Rhonda- Drive carefully and best of luck on the house and your trip.
Rosequeen-WTG!!! Congrats on your loss!!!
Yesterday my sister asked if I was losing weight, that's a plus! I am starting to look like I have a waist. I tried on a dress the other day and usually all I see is my belly and this time I was like "whose hips are those?" still a little too meaty but I could tell I had hips. I don't think the scale is moving- but I'll take what I can get!
Hope your're all having a wonderful FRIDAY. Chat w/ ya l8r!
Old 05-04-2007, 09:28 AM   #11  
Just...t.

S/C/G: 160/125 (135 on planet Earth!)

Height: 5'5"

Also, DS brought standarized test results home from school yesterday and scored in the 98th(math) and 99th(reading comprehension) percentiles. We know he's smart. He's in a gifted program and we know his IQ, but it is still so GREAT to see how smart he is on paper. You know we all think our kids are smart- it's so nice to get a 3rd party to verify that. Even if I totally don't agree w/ standarized testing!!
I'll stop beaming now.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:49 AM   #12  
Michael Ann 1973

You are right to be proud Tifani! That is great

My parents own a Heating and Cooling Company and I used to hate when I was the only one in the office working
Old 05-04-2007, 10:39 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 177/173/135

Height: 5'5.5"

Talking

Hi everyone. Having a good day today since falling off the plan on WED. Went right back on Thurs morning when I got home from work. Had a good work out this am and I'm feeling great. Busy weekend planned. It's my anniversary (actually next weekend but I have to work so we are celebrating this weekend) 6 years. Talk to you all later.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:22 AM   #14  
RNMOM

Default Hiya

Hey ladies,

Just a quick pop-in, first day off for a few and I've got a house that has my name written all over it!!!!!!!!!!!!! The windows need washing and I don't do windows!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I get ER duty for the weekend....sigh....the weather is nice enough that we'll have an ER full of sand dune accidents. http://www.duneguide.com/sand_dune_guide_st_anthony.htm (Check that out to see what I live 15 minutes from and as a result deal with in the ER.)

Everyone sounds like they have busy plans for the weekend. Have a good one!
Hugs
Old 05-04-2007, 12:42 PM   #15  
Michael Ann 1973

RN Mom: I know exactly what you mean about the off-roading. I live in Southern West Virginia and ATV's and Rafting are our main source of tourism. We have numerous fatalities due to both
Closed Thread