Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2001, 04:35 PM   #1  

Default Fabulous Forties #91

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I AM SO THANKFUL THAT I HAVE FOUND SUCH GOOD FRIENDS.

Y'all make me so happy.
Luv,
Terri
Old 11-21-2001, 04:56 PM   #2  

HI gals,

Well it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but I did gain 1/2 # this week. I am trying to look at the galss as half full and remind myself that it could have been more.

I saw Monster's Inc on Sat. It was very cute. I love Billy Crystal anyway. He is the voice for one of the main monsters. Tomorrow we are supposed to see Harry Potter. I am really looking forward to it, and Lord of the Rings too.

Have a great Thanksgiving,
Lots of Love,
JanieD
Old 11-21-2001, 07:51 PM   #3  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Sorry to hear about the gain, Janie. I had a gain too -- .8. It was an extremely stressful week so I guess it was to be expected. Hopefully I will lose, or at least not gain, this week.
Old 11-21-2001, 08:15 PM   #4  

Angry

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!

All is well I've just been very busy.

Love you's
Essie
Old 11-21-2001, 11:09 PM   #5  

Such small gains. You guys will get it off. Great attitudes.

JanieD,
We saw Harry Potter on Tuesday. We loved it. We read all 4 books. We are seeing Monsters Inc. tomorrow night. I loooove Billy Crystal. Right before the Harry Potter movie they had a little skit with the 2 main monsters from Monsters Inc. It is really cute. They are talking about Harry Potter.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING AGAIN!!!

Terri
Old 11-22-2001, 08:41 AM   #6  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Happy Thanksgiving! to all of you. May you spend the day with the people you love and have fun!

I'm taking a "quickie" from the kitchen to check my mail and thought I'd stop in and say hi.

Myra, Janie, those are small losses, you'll do better next weigh in.

I've been keeping quiet (which is tough for me!) in fear of jinxing myself, but today is day 4 of being OP....takes a genius to restart in Thanksgiving week, doesn't it?

again, have a wonderful day,
love,
~Jen
Old 11-22-2001, 04:16 PM   #7  

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. I went to my moms for dinner. I was very consciencious (misspelled) about what and how much I put in my plate. The meal was delicious and I did not over it.

My mother lives an hour and a half away, so we weren't able to visit long. My husband has to be at work at 9 tonight. I left my grandson with her so I'll have to go back Saturday to get him, I'll visit longer then.

Jenny, congratulations on the 4 days op. Just think of it this way, if you can stay op the week of Thanksgiving, you can stay op through anything! lol But, I didn't do much better I started my weight loss journey 2 weeks before, this is only my 3rd week op, but I did make it through today and I'm determined to make it through Christmas without a gain. Just hang in there and you will too.

Janie and Myra, your gains are only temporary. You'll be fine in the long run. The last time I was on ww I seem to gain every 4 to 5 weeks. Then, the following week I'd have a nice lose.

Well, I hope everyone else is okay. Hi Terri, Es and Diane, I'm just now beginning to learn the names. Hope I didn't leave anyone out.

Ruth
Old 11-22-2001, 09:56 PM   #8  

Hi everyone.
We had a nice dinner. We went to see Monsters Inc. It was so adorable. I really enjoyed it.
BTW, I had 36 points.

Good luck Jen. You are doing great!

I hope everyone had a great THANKSGIVING!!!!!!
Terri
Old 11-23-2001, 08:06 AM   #9  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

I had a good Thanksgiving as well. I went over a little, but not all that much. It helped going to the table knowing what I was going to eat.
Old 11-23-2001, 11:46 AM   #10  

That is wonderful Myra. WW has really gotten into the habit form. Congrats! You are doing great!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday. I am going to eat little today to try to even things out. I should be ok since I am going to vegetate today. Bruce is taking the kids to the Space and Rocket Center today to give me a break. I will read, read and read some more. I will probably fall asleep in the first chapter. I hate wasting a perfectly good 3 hours alone sleeping.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 11-23-2001, 06:57 PM   #11  
Queen of the Fresh Start

I love the day after Thanksgiving....no cooking for sure cause of the leftovers!

Terri, you said it right about wasting time alone sleeping, I'd rather read! Especially in the tub. I could live in a bookstore and die happy. What are you reading now? I finally purchased the Potter books to read sometime. Have you read the Red Tent? very good. I also like Patricia Cornwall and Nelson DeMille.

Ruth, glad you did well with dinner yesterday. Myra, you also. It's so positive to hear that you're doing it!!! Yesterday wasn't too bad, I didn't overeat, but also didn't count points. Today is good.

Hope everyone else is enjoying their long holiday weekend. We put up the Christmas lights outside; Matthew is at the window just staring out at them, he's fascinated. At the age of 17 months, this will be a fun Christmas for him.

later!
~Jen
Old 11-23-2001, 09:37 PM   #12  

Hi Jen,
That is so cute about the lights. That is fun isn't it? You are right this will be a good Christmas with him. He will be so excited. Have fun!!!!!

I am reading Nora Robert's Villa. I just got done reading her Carolina Moon. Also 2 weeks worth of Womans World Magazines and 2 months worth of People Magazine.
I love to read. I usually read a half hour a day in the tub with candles. We have a sky light over the tub so the effect isn't as good during the day. I have read some Patricia Cromwell, very good but not Demille. The Red Tent? What kind of book is it? Mystery, adventure... I love books. I collect them and there is no way I will finish them anytime soon. I read all of the old VC Andrews books. Don't like them now since she died and someone else took over.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Terri
Old 11-23-2001, 11:54 PM   #13  

Hi everyone

Thanksgiving was good - didn't overeat but didn't count points either. Enjoyed being with my sisters, brother and their families. Alana and my sister's son Brian and my other sister's daughter, Stephanie were all born in the same year - months apart, so its always cool for them to get together.

Jen and Terri, I'm with you guys -- books are my passion. I read on the train going to work, at lunch, on the train coming back from work and before going to bed. I read alot of John Grisham and James Patterson, just got his new one - violets are blue. Can't wait to start it. Then after I read it I'll sell it, since its just out, I'll be able to sell it for about $10 -$12 or so. I've made over $300 since April and now I buy used books as well. I love it!

Well, I've been doing my on-line Xmas shopping and since I've got 13 grandchildren (with #14 on the way just in time for Xmas) I'd better get back to it,

Hi to Es, Zoe, Ruth, Myra, Janie and Joyce. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm off until Tuesday, so I'm happy and Alana is still home until Sunday, so I'm super-happy

Talk to "yous" soon.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 11-24-2001, 06:18 PM   #14  

That is great Dianne. Enjoy Alana and everyone.
How do you sell your books? I should do that. I have so many. My mom loves the same books you do and she sends them to me. I love em'.

LOVE Your CANDY CANE .

TTYL,
Terri
Old 11-25-2001, 01:31 AM   #15  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne, glad your holiday was fun. I also like Grisham, Kellerman. Haven't read anything by Patterson yet. I seem to remember you mentioning previously that you sell your books, it's thru Amazon's used service, isn't it? What a great idea.

Terri, The Red Tent is by Anita Diamant...it's a biblical saga about women, very different from what I normally read, but I loved it. I think you'd like it, everyone I know who's read it has.

Hope everyone "out there" is enjoying the long holiday weekend. Jess, et al, were here since Thursday a.m., they left today, and Joey went to spend a night at their house. We've got peace and quiet here this evening.

see you tomorrow,
~Jen
Closed Thread