Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 05-02-2007, 11:24 PM   #1  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Default May nursing mommies thread!!!

I've been so full of milk the past 3 days. sheesh
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 339/ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Hi! I'm new here in this forum for nursing mamas! I had my 3rd child on March 9th and I re-started mt diet program today. I am really excited to be here
Jniniffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:44 AM   #3  
resident lactivist

Oh yeah, it is May now.

I just counted yesterday & realized I've hit 18 months tandem nursing. Hadn't realized Esther was that old!
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Wow Congrulations Sabra! That is awesome.

I'm doing better. I got sidetracked last time TOM hit. It seems like the cravings and desire to eat the house is greater because I'm nursing. I don't remember TOMs being this bad in the past and I never really got them when I was nursing Lilly.
I hit my nursing milestone this week as well. I've been nursing Nate for over 8 months. Lilly weaned at 8 months. I plan on pumping until he turns a year and then nurse on demand until he weans (or by age 3).
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:56 PM   #5  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Welcome Jenn (freaked me out for a second because the other Jenn I know who spells her name that way ALSO has twins and a singleton!)

Congrats Sabra!!!!

OK...any other NO BITING techniques. With dd all I had to do was say NO BITING in a stern voice and she would wimper. I think ONCE I had to put her down and refuse to pick her up for 10 minutes. She bit me maybe 3 times total. ds thinks stern voice is funny. ds thinks startled "YOWCH" is funny. ds likes to play on the floor, so doesnt seem to be getting the connection. In desperation I tried the flick even though I am not a fan of the flick. (quick flick on the cheek when they bite so they associate biting you with a touch of pain) ds thinks the flick is funny (ok its possible I dont do it hard enough to hurt...but he is my BABY and I dont do corporal punishment as a rule)

OY

Last edited by ennay; 05-03-2007 at 09:01 PM.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:31 PM   #6  
resident lactivist

Well, supposedly if you pull them into your breast really fast it means that they can't breathe and so they break suction and they learn not to bite.

Of course, it only made all mine bury their faces in my boob & blow raspberries.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:21 PM   #7  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

raspberries are better than teeth marks

ugh...my instinct is always to detach but I'll try it - thanks! I had forgotten that one
Old 05-04-2007, 09:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Ouch. That's the only other one I've heard of before too. Nate has 2 teeth and luckily he hasn't bit me yet.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:50 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 339/ticker/150

Height: 5'4

My health nurse told me to push the baby into the breast like Sabra said. Last night Ashlyn just would not latch, she wanted nothing to do with the boob all night! I eventually had to pump and feed her by cup. She was fine after that! Maybe I was too full??
Jniniffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:40 PM   #10  

'nother question... (man, I haven't felt like such a newb at something in a long time!) ...any tips for dealing with a DS who likes to lift his tongue up to the roof of his mouth when trying to latch on? He must've recently "discovered" his tongue because he's only started doing this in the last day or so.
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:15 PM   #11  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Jenn - sometimes they just get like that...I think 8 weeks is about prime time for pop on pop off pop on pop off. During the day I usually just let the hunger build a little, but it is a pain in the tookas at night. Hopefully this will be a quick phase. Is it possible she just wanted to suck but wasnt hungry? ds had a couple low hunger weeks right after growth spurts.

Fiona...how old is your little one? Really little I seem to recall Only thing is to keep tickling the lower lip and not letting him have the boob until he drops the tongue and then smoosh his mouth on quick before it pops back up again. Both my kids did that and it was annoying as heck to get that initial latch. He cant eat with the tongue up so he'll figure it out soon I think. If he gets partway latched, we had success with reseting the jaw while still attached. use the thumb or finger to pull down the chin (press right below the lip, on the chin bone) to open the mouth wider which pulls the tongue down,and shove more boob in at the same time.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:23 AM   #12  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Little stinker thinks smoosh face into boob the funniest of all. He bit me and I smooshed and he laughed, the the next time he bit, giggled and moved in closer on his own..THAT one he thinks is a game. He kept trying it last night. sheesh I am in so much trouble when he turns 3.

back to stern and putting down.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:31 AM   #13  
resident lactivist

Sorry it didn't work for you. It didn't work for me, either. By the third kid I was relatively resigned to sometimes being a teething ring. Thankfully it doesn't happen too much these days.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:49 PM   #14  

Height: 5'7"

Ouch on the biting. I don't have experience there (DD was weaned before she got any teeth).

Well Charles is 6-wks old today and right on cue, TOM started. Same thing happened with DD - returned at the 6 week mark. BF'ing doesn't keep it away for me. Well, at least I have an excuse for being so irritable the last couple of days Who would guessed I was PMS'ing?
hautbois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:54 PM   #15  

Hi my name is Jessica and I just had my beautiful boy April 24th and gained 80 some pounds had a c-section so I can not exercise for a while. I am breastfeeding and dont want to lose any milk from dieting I am trying to stay around 1800 calories. Any tips would be great!
blondiewyandt is offline   Reply With Quote