Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2001, 01:59 AM   #1  

Default Fibro thread 39

WOMEN

They smile when they want to scream.
They sing when they want to cry.
They cry when they are happy and laugh
when they are nervous
They fight for what they believe in.
They stand up for injustice.
They don't take "no" for an answer when
they believe there is a better solution.

They go without new shoes so their
children can have them.
They go to the doctor with a frightened friend.
They love unconditionally.
They cry when their children excel and
cheer when their friends get awards.

They are happy when they hear about a
birth or a new marriage.
Their hearts break when a friend dies.
They have sorrow at the loss of a family
member, yet they are strong when they think there is no strength left.
They know that a hug and a kiss can heal a
broken heart.

Women come in all sizes, in all colors and shapes.
They'll drive, fly, walk, run or e-mail
you to show how much they care about you.
The heart of a woman is what makes the world spin!
Women do more than just give birth.
They bring joy and hope.
They give compassion and ideals.
They give moral support to their family and friends.
Women have a lot to say and a lot to give.

IT'S BEAUTIFUL WOMEN MONTH!

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE WOMAN.

We got off the Titanic first.

We can scare male bosses with mysterious
gynaecological disorder excuses.

Taxis stop for us.

We don't look like a frog in a blender when dancing.

No fashion faux pas we make could ever
rival The Speedo.

We don't have to pass gas to amuse ourselves.

If we forget to shave, no one has to know.

We can congratulate our teammate without
ever touching her rear.

We never have to reach down every so often
to make sure our privates are still there.

We have the ability to dress ourselves.

We can talk to people of the opposite sex
without having to picture them naked.

If we marry someone 20 years younger,
we're aware that we look like an idiot.

There are times when chocolate really can
solve all your problems.

We'll never regret piercing our ears.

We can fully assess a person just by
looking at their shoes.

We can make comments about how silly men
are in their presence, because they aren't listening
anyway.

Old 11-21-2001, 03:50 AM   #2  

Thanks Anne!

I got 25 beautiful peach caranations will post a pic when I get them back.(the color form our wedding) Also 3 long stem red roses form each of my three men!

Still tring to decide on the mixer just not sure Iwill use it enough and lookng at the smaller one.. 300 watt Ultra power in Almond Cream. ..the lager ones are $350.00 or more unless you get a refurbished one.

Gotta pick out a Hummel too!

Massage today if I'm not too tied to drive there!
Old 11-21-2001, 07:52 AM   #3  

Default Hello

Oh Candice-how romantic!!!!!Congrats again. Great post Happy-how true. My daughter has that vomiying thing-hope she's ok for tomorrow because I'm supposed to go with her to her boyfriend's mother's house. She's the on with the beautiful villa in Naples FL. so I can imagine she has a nice house. I hope I'm not making a mistake because I could go to my brother's. When they get older, things change.Gotta bget dressed for chair yoga. Joanne, I still am nervous driving-always scared I'll go through another light. But I have to drive-I just don't go very far. Gonna bake the pie today. Hope it's good. Mima
Old 11-21-2001, 10:24 AM   #4  

Default Hey There

I HOPE ALL YOU GREAT PEOPLE HAVE A WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING...
I will be at my daughters house. She lives 5 hours away. I can't hardly wait to see her. I haven't seen her for a few weeks.
Bye...Joanne
Old 11-21-2001, 05:15 PM   #5  

Default Pie warning

I bought the wrong kind of milk for the pie-sweetened condensed milk instead of evaporated milk. It's VERY sweet-but it is a good recipe if you use the right ingredients. I may go buy a pie at the supermarket.And I made 2 of them. On top of that-7 of my checks to pay bills are lost-I sent them out on 11/6-the same day as my fender-bender. Luckily 2 credit cards are not going to charge e interest.But the yoga class was great. I'm going into a coocoon for a while. I'll feel better in the morning!!!!Mima
Old 11-21-2001, 07:28 PM   #6  

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DEAR CANDICE
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU!

(sorry it's late!)

Here's a recipe of mine (that my family MUST have every Thanksgiving and Christmas and anytime inbetween they can get me to make it!). I figured the points using the WW online recipe builder...I can't believe it is ONLY 2 POINTS a serving...and 1/2 cup serving of this is A LOT!

strawberry salad

servings | 25
POINTS per serving | 2
course | side dishes

Ingredients

1 can Eagle Brand Milk (lite)
2 cup(s) (1 can) canned pineapple, packed in juice
2 cup(s) (1 can) canned strawberries, packed in heavy syrup
16 oz Cool Whip lite whipped topping
1/3 lb(s) walnuts

Instructions

Drain Pineapples
Crush walnuts
Mix all ingredients together.

Special Notes

Makes 25 1/2 cup servings
Old 11-21-2001, 08:11 PM   #7  

Happy Anniversary Candice.
And Happy Thanksgiving all.
I have planned to have most of my day to myself tomorrow as my kids are with their Dad, I don't feel like going to friend's houses and I LOVE my alone time.
I will cook a trukey tho...but no gravy and no stuffing.
Got a date tonight guys.
Forget your diets everyone and eat lots of carbs!!!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2001, 01:42 AM   #8  

Trying to get it together for my meal..I'm not used to cooking so much at once and having just one more makes such a difference. My arm is hurting from putting a leaf in the table!

Turkey Breast with gravy, mashed potatoes, dressing, asparagus, greenbean cass., jellied cranberry, cottage cheese and pineapple w/peach jello salad, Frech baggette bread, spiral sliced smoked honey glazed ham, applesauce, pumpkin cake and brownies! Think that is enough???????? Most of this is made low or no fat too!

Ally..have a good date and on the carbs!!!

Meme..thanks for the recipe, wish I had it sooner!

Joanne..have a good time at your daughters!

Mima..sorry about your bills that is terrible and why so many pies! I make cooking mistakes like that all the time! Just don't cook much anymore!

Hi Happy!

Thanks all for the Anniversay Wishes!
Old 11-22-2001, 01:46 AM   #9  

Meme..What kind of pineaple..crushed ot chunks or tidbits and I have never seen canned strawberries...do you mean pie filling??????? Could you give the exact name and size of cans???
Old 11-22-2001, 02:00 AM   #10  

Crushed pineapples and the strawberries are the pie filling. If you can find the light kind it would reduce the points...maybe...probably not enough to count much, though...it is already pretty low!!! I drain ALL the liquid off the pineapples...even squeeze them out with my hand...I put the walnuts in a baggie and crush them with a hammer...I only use cool whip...either light or fat free. It is the most delicious salad you've ever eaten. If you like cherries better than strawberries you can use a can of those instead. I love strawberries but I'm not crazy about cherries. The Strawberry Salad will keep in the fridge for nearly a week!
Old 11-22-2001, 02:31 AM   #11  

I'm rather proud of myself. Last night we went to a Thanksgiving dinner/service. The church we go to and 3 other churches get together and have a dinner and then a thanksgiving service every year. Another church hosted it this year so we didn't have to do anything except go and eat...at least we weren't SUPPOSED to...I wound up having to play the piano for the whole service plus sing! Anyway... I only had a little turkey, a spoonful of potatoes, a spoonful of dressing, some carrots and green beans. No bread...and I even had water to drink because they didn't have any diet drinks!!! I can't believe I had that much self control...I didn't even have DESSERT!!! Can you believe it???

I have 11 coming for dinner tomorrow.
Daughter is bring the ham, hubby's aunt is bringing a sweet potato cassarole and M-I-L is bringing pumpkin pies & stuffed eggs. I'm making the turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, green beans, mac & cheese, cole slaw, strawberry salad, cranberry sauce, rolls, banana pudding, double choc. cake and drinks. We are sooo blessed!!!

I've already figured my points for tomorrow and know what I'm going to eat and NOT eat! I've banked quite a few the last 3 days!

Hope you all have a GREAT thanksgiving!!!
Old 11-22-2001, 03:01 AM   #12  

Are you all tired of reading my posts yet???

I just put the ingredients for my "lite" banana pudding in the WW recipe builder and it said it was 4 pts. 1/2 cup serving. That's still not too bad, considering what most desserts are!!! Here it is if you'd like to have it.

banana pudding

servings | 30
POINTS per serving | 4
course | desserts

Ingredients

2 cup(s) Jell-O fat free instant, vanilla pudding, with skim milk
8 oz light sour cream
16 oz Cool Whip Free Whipped Topping
6 large banana(s)
125 small vanilla wafer(s)

Instructions

Prepare 1 small box of jello fat free vanilla pudding as directed using skim milk. Add 8 oz. light sour cream and 16 oz of Kraft "free" cool whip & 1/4 spoonful of vanilla. Mix all ingredients by hand until smooth. Layer 3 qt. cassarole bowl: Nabisco 'Nilla Wafers, bananas & white mixture. Continue to layer about half way up then line the outside of the bowl with wafers "standing up" against the side, continue layering until the top layer which should be wafers.

Special Notes

125 wafers is app. a box and a half.

This recipe makes about 30 - 1/2 cup servings.

You could probably use FF Nilla wafers and cut it down to 3 points.
Old 11-22-2001, 06:32 AM   #13  

Default Happy Thanksgiving to All!!

I'm hungry reading your posts. Daughter called and said she was still vomiting-don't know what I'll do today but I have 2 places to go. I went to an Al-anon meeting-on Gratitude so I made a list this morning-which I usually do anyhow. And everyone was nice that I called about my bills. They are somewhere -just no onwe knows where. I am going to make a pumpkin cream pie this am -going to double check on WW because mine doesn't have specific directions. Mom used to make a pineapple and marshmallows with cream-we loved that. Our tradition is lime jello with pineapple. Very basic. Let's see what today brings. Good day to all.Mima Be a good girl Ally-hahaha
Old 11-23-2001, 01:57 AM   #14  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 11-23-2001, 06:34 AM   #15  

Default Good morning.

Yes I ate too much yesterday but I won't today. The saga continued-I went to make my pumpkin cream pie but I bought banana cream instead-did get some vanilla pudding from lady across the hall. Pie was delicious but no one ate it.So I took it home. I went to my daughter's boyfriend's mother's house-awesome-she is a millionaire many times over and it was a gorgeous house. I had a beautiful house but.......It was a good day but my Suzanne is still sick. She's going to the doctor today. Hey Ally-move over-I have a date tomorrow night with someone I met at my Christian Singles group and went out with a few times 3 years ago.Boy-I can't tell you how good that makes me feel. I told him I only wanted to be friends-I am going to be away for quite a while. His wife died 4 years ago and then his son was killed 6 months later. We are going out for dinner. And he's 2 years younger than me. And short-and diabetic but takes good care of himself. Hey, the bank put 31,000 into my bank-on-line acct. Should I tell them-Haha!!!I will. See you soon. Mima
Closed Thread