PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Default PCOS Weightloss & TTC ---- May

Hi Ladies and Welcome to the May PCOS Weightloss and TTC Support!

Its Spring, well its supposed to be at least, lol, and we all want to feel great and look even better than we do now for the lovely spring weather (whenever we get it).

Here we can discuss our "battles" with PCOS & Weightloss and TTC with PCOS! Having PCOS is a constant uphill "battle" with your body to TRY to do what you WANT it to do! lol.

Together we can support each other through this! Feel free to post about your daily doings, weightloss, TTC, Meds, Questions, whatever you want............

Everybody is Welcome!!!!!!!! Even if you do not have PCOS, if you are experiencing other TTC problems or have a family member or friend with PCOS, feel free to join us here.

Also if you have PCOS and are not currently TTC, feel free to join us as well. As long as you don't mind us chatting about TTC, everybody is welcome!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:01 PM   #2  

Last night I had a long heart to heart with a friend over the phone. I have found that since my diagnosis all the wind has gone out of my enthusiasm to become pregnant. It's like a part of me has just accepted that it's not going to happen - which logically, I know, is not necessarily true.

But she made me realize that I am probably just going through a period mourning. I am mourning the plan/dream/ideal I had of how I saw having my family. It's not that I believe I won't have a family. But I have to mourn & let go of the old dream to make room for the new one.

I just wanted to share - it made me feel much better about things & thought it might applied to others.

Good luck this month!
Old 05-01-2007, 11:56 PM   #3  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wow its May already!

Hope you all are doing well.

Have a Great One.

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 05-02-2007 at 12:08 AM.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:11 PM   #4  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

S/C/G: 323/---/290

Height: 5"5

Hey Girls

Sorry i have been MIA for the last few days i have just been busy and out and about and not had much time to get online.. Guess who found me ... Yeah you guessed it the WITCH but its ok i knew she was coming haha as im on BCP now i know exactly when she is gonan arrive 5 days after my last pill without fail which has its perks cos there is nothing worse than her turning up unexpendily... I can't believe it is May already either its come around so quick...My husband is due to do a bike ride in 2 weeks time for the charity he helps out which is for the genetic disorder he suffers from so that sound be exciting for him... Im not going cos i couldnt ride a bike that far but i hope he does good... Nothing else to report for me....

Hope you are all doing good...and life is treating you both ok... Oh i know what i ment to say i have been watching Liz (sept) chart and i wouldnt be surprised if she is pregnant this month as her chart looks pretty good im not an expert but it looks ok to me... So Liz if you read this good luck i really hope that this is your month... As i do for all of you who are TTC at the moment...

I best go as i have waffled my chops for england now... Take care and speak to you all soon....

Teresa
treezuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:27 AM   #5  
Never give up!

Height: 5'10"

Talking Good morning ladies!

Teresa, thanks for letting us know about this new thread. I didn't know you opened a new one. I was wondering why no one, other then us newbies, had been posting there.

Lifeguard

So I won't repost what I had this morning but I will say good morning to everyone and I hope you have a temptation free day!

Rhonda
RhondaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:33 AM   #6  
Never give up!

Talking

Hi again ladies!

I did it! I can't believe it but I did it! I worked out on the for sixty, that's right I said six - zero -- 60 minutes! Woo Hoo!!!! And 2 second!
Old 05-03-2007, 01:18 PM   #7  

Wow Rhonda good for you!
Old 05-03-2007, 01:35 PM   #8  
Pregnant with #2

S/C/G: 315/262/175

Lifeguard I am sorry that you are going through this. I had a rough time too!Your are doing great on your weight loss!

Rhonda that is great news

Teresa thanks I was wondring the same thing as Rhonda

tina love the new hair

Dh had a job interview and he got the job! He starts june 4th and will be away durning the week. Then I can get to the gym because he will be riding with his brother! And I can do LC again!

Jessica
camarofanatic90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:40 PM   #9  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Hello everyone! May is a great month (not only because May 21st is my birthday lol) but because its a whole new month to set goals. I set weekly as well as monthly goals

Question: How do you all make those cute characters???
Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:29 AM   #10  
Never give up!

Good morning ladies.

This is the first full week as a new member today so I weighed in, as I did last week to make my ticker.... I've GAINED one pound. I'm so crushed. All this exercise and trying to watch what I ate and I gained weight. I'm so, so sad. Why am I doing this if I'm getting the same result.... weight gain.

Sorry no personals.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:37 AM   #11  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

Hey Girls

Rhonda don't give up hope it happens to everyone ...I have the same thing even when ive exercised make sure you measure yourself cos sometimes u will lose inchs instead of weight and also the weight you have put on could be muscle especially in your legs if your doing an hour workout.....

Nicoya , Lifeguard & Cameofan : Hello glad to see you here ..I hope your all doing ok and having a good day... It is bank holiday weekend over here this weekend so we get an extra long weekend so thats cool except my hubby is working so i wont see him on monday but triple pay aparently which cant be bad aye...

Well take care all and have a great weekend... Speak soon...

Teresa
Old 05-04-2007, 01:15 PM   #12  
Size 10 wannabe

Height: 5'7"

Hi there girls! Well,I am feeling a little yucky today but,I am not going to let it keep me from doing what I know I need to do...EXERCISE! I cant seem to get my energy back and feel sluggish all day long for some reason and it's driving me crazy! I have started taking my vitamins and I hope they will help.

Do any of you girls take fiber? I started taking citrucel fiber shakes yesterday in hope that it will help and was wondering if it has helped anyone else?

Lifeguard,I am so sorry that you are going through this.remember we are all here for you
tinamarie75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 04:10 PM   #13  

Rhonda - I don't know how many times I've heard myself saying those same words. I often see a little up before a drop. Have faith that doing the right things will bring you to your goal.

Lol - now if I could remember that myself....

I feel like I've absolutely had a revelation this week. We are going out to Alberta/BC in July - only 2 months away. We are going to see lots of family & do some backpacking in the mountains. I started planning the details & realized if I don't start getting serious & setting the bar a little higher my trip is going to be fraught with self-consciousness & heavy breathing (& not the good kind!).

So as of NOW I am moving the bar up. I am setting a goal of 20lbs between now & when we leave - July 6th. This is not just about appearances (although it is in part) but I also want to enjoy the scenery when we are backpacking - not be sucking wind feeling like I'm dying - only made worse by altitude.

I know 20lbs is an aggressive goal but if I sincerely work hard for the next 2 months & don't reach I will be okay with whatever weight I am at. If I don't work hard I'll know it & that will be the true mark of failure.

The gym isn't going to know what hit it!!!
Old 05-05-2007, 08:08 PM   #14  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Hey everyone! Happy Cinco de Mayo ... I dont celebrate but its ok hehe ....

I hope everyone is well.

Yesterday I took my dog on a mile walk. Today I plan to do the same thing since I will not be hitting the gym. But I like walking so I think I will try to do more then a mile.

But great news. I lost one more pound which takes me up to 20lbs lost. I was on a plateau of 211.8lbs or 211.6lbs but finally hit the 210lbs mark yaaaaay!!! So hopefully by summer I will be in the "100 club"

More great news. A while ago I bought some cute pants that bring the unattachable belt. You know how the pants aaaalways fit but the belt never does? Yea that happened to me when I bought the pants and always said " *sigh* I will never be able to wear those pants". Well today I looked at the pants and said "oh what the heck, I will try then on". So as always, the pants buckled just fine (a bit loose but ok) and then here came the good 'ol belt. WOOOHOO!! It fastened and perfectly as well. Yaaaay!!! I can sit down with the belt part fastened. I am soooo happy. I had to share the news!!!

10lbs is my goal by the end of the month ... hopefully it happens.
Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:09 AM   #15  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

Lifeguard : You can do it hunni ... I have a goal of 20lbs to hit by August too which has been set by my dr so i am right there with you hunni ... That means i have to lose 3kg a month which is about 6lbs so thats about roughly what you wanna aim for... If you need me i will be here every step of the way as i have a holiday booked in september so i wanna be a bit fitter and a bit less fatter too...GOOD LUCK YOU CAN DO IT...

Nicoya: Fistly whats Cinco de mayo is it a mexican holiday or something... Just a guess btw im proberly way off lol... Well done on the walking that is great hunni just keep it up and im sure your hit Onederland in no time... well done on the 1lb too i hit a plateau for about 6 weeks then put on 10lb which im still trying to get off now.. So you have done birlliantly to keep at it and go the other way...Well done

TinaMarie : Not sure what those shakes are maybe we dont have them in england so i cant help you with that but good luck with the exercise you are good for just doing it when feeling yucky im one of these people who normally wont go out or do it cos i feel rough unless im dragged to the gym by my hubby and even then ill take it easy but i guess im still doing it so i shouldnt put myself down completly.... Good luck for this week...

Me : Nothing much to report AF was a complete waste of space cd1 was light , cd2 spotting , cd3 tiny bit when i wiped , cd4 + 5 nothing so basiclly i had a really stupid af that didnt know if it was coming or going haha but i am on BCP and my AF are normally lighter on it but not this light its kinda freaky but oh well back to the next cycle...Nothing else really allergys are still there but not so bad as the weather has cooled down a bit now which always helps the pollen count and my allergy so that good... I best go now as i dont have anything else to write hehe ... Hope you have all had a good weekend... to all...

Teresa