Old 05-01-2007, 09:15 AM   #1  
New mom, aspiring DVM

S/C/G: 280/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Slow and Steady... and Frustrating!!

Why am I so darn impatient?

I started April bouncing between 207 and 210. This morning I weighed 200.4. While I consciously know that's progress, that I'm moving in the right direction, etc, it's just not much consolation today! I feel like I should be into the 190s at the least!

I suppose part of the issue is that I had dropped to 196 when I came home from vacation March 1. So I'm still not even back to where I was two months ago (though I've been bouncing between 195 and 205 for about a year).

7-8 pounds in a month is about right, pretty good in fact. So why do I feel like I'm still just treading water and not making any progress???

Another 8-10 pounds in the month of May will bring me down below my "usual" range - hopefully this will be enough of a difference to make me feel like I'm making progress?

Is anyone else fighting with this? I just need a reminder that I AM making progress, that even though I'm still heavier than I want to be, I'm moving in the right direction.
Rock Chalk Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:32 AM   #2  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 125kg/125kg/70kg

Height: 164cm

Like you said yourself, you're doing great. Weight loss, sadly, is not just in one direction. It goes up and down. Do you take measurments? If I ever think I'm not losing enough weight I grab out my tape.

Or one I plan to use in future, is to pull out a 'fat' photo.
Renny Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:30 AM   #3  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

I fight this ALL the time, especially when I see others progress on the boards going much quicker than myself. Normally I'm a very patient person, but my weightloss is another story I guess. I try and remind myself EVERY day to have patience with myself as I do others and I will be fine.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 12:05 PM   #4  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Whoaaaaa! 7-8LBS A MONTH!?! That is fantastic!!!

I know that it can seem slow, but you really just have to have masses of patience and bit by bit the weight does come off. You just have to stick with it and by this time next year you will be sooo happy that you never gave up!

It took me 2yrs 8mos to lose half my weight. It was a long journey but I learned alot about myself during it and though it took a bit of time, it was well worth it.

Hang in there girlie!!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:15 PM   #5  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

I hear ya'll! I know 1-2 lbs a week is healthy, but I really would love if I could just lose 20 lbs in a week (and then keep it off!).

Whenever I get really frustrated with it, I have a super easy fix.
1) Listen to "The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World.
2) Pay attention to the lyrics.
2) Repeat as necessary.

Snippet:
"Just do your best, do everything you can.
And don't you worry what the bitter hearts are gonna say.

[Chorus]
It just takes some time, little girl you're in the middle of the ride.
Everything (everything) will be just fine, everything (everything) will be alright (alright).

Works for me!
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:42 PM   #6  
45 lbs down!

S/C/G: 278/232/199

Height: 5'6

You are doing great! I spent a month bouncing around with 4 lbs lost 4 gained over and over again. It drove me nuts!!! So believe me I feel you pain! Just remember even though it's a slow process your ticker HAS moved down, you ARE losing weight, and you ARE becoming a more healthy you!!!
TammyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:07 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/204/145

Height: 5'5"

its so true. When i was 18 (10 yrs ago) i went on pills from my doctor and I lost 50 lbs in 8 weeks! it was nuts, but not healthy. I gained it all back and then some, so I'm now doing the working out/watching my diet route. Its hard work and so frustrating... but i know that every pound i lose is a pound that won't just "jump back on" like with fad diets and pills.

stay tough! you're doing great!.
angnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:11 PM   #8  
Finding myself...

S/C/G: 212/194.5/191

Height: 5'5

I just want to be out of the 200, please just that and I would work my *** off,
slow and steady whatever, but that 200 makes me so sad....

I'm trying being positive and working on it, but frustrates me a little bit, as she does....

I weight myself today and its at 200.4
casifromPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:49 AM   #9  
Jazzercise away the fat!!

S/C/G: 215/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

It is frustrating! But you are doing a great job!! Keep up the good work! And try not to get too crazy !
mamaplots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:59 AM   #10  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Frustrating, how right this is. There are those weeks when we think "I've sticked to plan, exercised well, I must have dropped 1 lbs", and... noooo, nothing. Sometimes it is indeed maddening. I guess it's mainly because of all the changes that we need to do at first: we probably feel like we're doing a lots of efforts (which we do, heh), and as such we want (need) to see good results quickly, to be 'convinced' that we're doing it right, and not in vain.

But 7-8 lbs a month is pretty normal and healthy, so don't doubt that you're on the right track!
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:28 AM   #11  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

Height: 5'3

I think that this is my problem. I feel like I have to loose quickly, so when I don't..I give up! But that is not going to happen this time. Just by coming here and reading posts gives me the strength I need lol. So stick with it, and you will get there!!!
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote