Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 06:07 AM   #1  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default Dieting with Diabetes - May '07

Here we go -- it's another brand new month -- a whole new start for our continuing journey down that long winding path to better health and fitness.

If you are a continuing member . . . . . . to our new monthly chat thread. Glad you could make it.

If you are a brand new member . . . . . . as well as the new chat thread, and to the Diabetes Support forum. Please drop in to the "Getting to Know You" thread to read a little about some of us and to tell us a little about yourself.

I'll be looking forward to seeing less of you, more often, gang . . . have a great moving and shaking kind of day . . . keep doing the best you can, as much as you can, and the rewards will follow.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:14 AM   #2  
Onward and Downward

Morning all . . .

Did you notice the lack of a "Good" at the beginning of that sentence? It is snowing. Hooray, hooray . . . the first of May. Yuck.

Obviously I survived the second eye surgery. . . although I cannot call it quite the rousing success of eye one. This one needed to have a stitch (horribly mind-boggling to think about a stitch in your eyeball, somehow) and consequently it is considerably more tender than the other one was. Also not as great a vision improvement either. All in all, though, life is good. Once this eye is pronounced healed, I can hardly wait to get to the optometrist for new glasses. I think that will make all the difference. Of course, don't know if I'll be able to fit that in before the hysterectomy. Wow, this is not one of my easiest years to plan.

On the home front . . . I've been pronounced 'trustworthy enough to sleep on' by the kittens. Purrecious is back to her 'flying squirrel' routines and is playing with the kittens. They love Jazz (who lets them play with his tail) and Mouse -- well, he just ignores them. All of my routines (eating, moving, blood glucose control) were out of sync yesterday and so far today doesn't look a lot better -- but hopefully everything will be back to normal soon.

Anyway, that's enough about me for now. Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned and that you have better weather than we do in Atlantic Canada, too. See you soon . . .
Old 05-01-2007, 08:03 AM   #3  

Morning! ( no good here either...I woke up at 3:30 and could NOT go back to sleep...so I got up and worked.)

The broken toe is improving. Some. My bg is still swinging wildly. The new insurance starts today, but my new primary care physician who I have to see first has two more weeks of maternity leave! I hope I like her!

MEOWEE: I hope the eye heals quickly! What a health marathon you have had this year!
Old 05-01-2007, 12:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 229/T/170

Height: 5'7

Morning all.. wow its may already! Well its another lovely day in SF. I danced last nite and that was a ton of fun. BSL this morning was 117. I haven't gotten on the scale to see what good or damage i have done, will wait until monday for that. Meowee, glad to hear you came through surgery ok. well gotta get back to work.. will check back later
Old 05-01-2007, 01:36 PM   #5  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Hi all ,,and welcome to the new folks I saw,,Meowee,,glad you are doing well,,and that you are healing,you really have had a go off it this year,,
I ate way to much this week-end and it was because I am just so tired,,worked long hours last week and this week even more to come,,when I am tired I tend to get that don't give a crap feeling,,?,,stupid but true,,my bs have been all over the place also,,I also am going to try a joural this week and see if it helps some,,am up about 5 pds now,,just keeps creaping up,,and down,,,enough to make me nuts,,Rosie it was beautiful here yesterday,,wow,,just enough to make you want MORE,,,ha,,today over cast,,well gotta get ready for work ,,take care all and good to be here this morning with my friends,,,later,,Jeanne
Old 05-01-2007, 04:38 PM   #6  

Hi everyone.. im a free bird today my dh went to the cabin for 2 days..i love him to bits but sometimes its nice to just take care of me..my stressful situation is still going on and probably wont be solved any time soon but it does affect my sl(149this am) and i was up early even before Daisy having a minor panic attack..i stepped on the scale last night and was soooooo surprized i weighed again.. did a happy dance and then weighed again this morning..still the same but its been 3 weeks monday since ive been back on ww(lower carbs lofat added to their program) and i have lost a grand total of 19#"s im so excited about this..mewoee am happy to see that you are posting ill bet that stitch hurts and drives you nuts.. am glad your new babies are settling in..monet we are having ins troubles right now and i can relate..i didnt know you had broken your toe..gosh thats got to be painful..mickey good sl.. jeanne somtimes i get that feeling like i dont give a crap to..i think we all feel like that once in awhile..its cloudy here today..not sure what im going to do today gee so many choices..i feel like jumping on my bed like the grkids but i wont might break something..have agreat day and hello to all chickies and rooster((((( )))) rosey
Old 05-01-2007, 09:44 PM   #7  

Height: 5.6

Meowee - Heal fast.
Monet - I hope you sleep well tonight.
Akrosey -Enjoy your freedom and I hope things smooth out for you soon.

Okay - my GL were a little high today - but at least I am feeling so much better - I think my body has started accepting the new meds.

I was actually able to go workout and everything today. That was the only high point of my day - honestly everything else just kind of stunk - but tomorrow will be better.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!
Old 05-02-2007, 01:15 AM   #8  
Krissybell

S/C/G: 330/330/170

Height: 5'5 1/2" tall

Evening all, well I'm doing a little better today. I was able to walk around the apartment w/o the cane for a bit. I still use it when I'm feeling wobbly. My bs was 93 so I'm doing good there. I'm keeping it controlled with pills and diet. Excercise isn't an option at the moment.

I cleared off a table in my computer room and the cats' love it. I have two black ones.

Time for bed. I know this is short, but...the chair and I are having a dicussion on which is more comfortable, the bed or the chair...I'm thinking bed at the moment.

TA
Old 05-02-2007, 07:04 AM   #9  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning, Buddies . . .

The sun is shining this morning although the temp is certainly not May-like. Supposed to turn to rain again this afternoon, though . . . At least I had a good night's sleep last night and the eye is feeling a little bit less painful this monring, but I certainly know it is still there. BGL has been dreadful . . . 10.3 (185) last night and 8.6 (155) this morning . . . don't know what they pumped into me to "calm me down" during the surgery on Monday, but I wish it would soon go away.

Kittens (and the rest of the cattage) are doing fine . . . although I feel like I've got 3 babies in the house and I always seem to be wiping little cat bottoms (they are not exactly the neatest in the litter yet). Doing the 'kitten shuffle' has become the standard way of walking for everybody who comes into my house to avoid stepping on one. I know they will be out of kitten-hood in the of an eye so I'd better enjoy it while I can.

Been pondering long and hard about the upcoming hysterectomy and think I may delay it until the Fall . . . I've just about had enough for now what with the three minor surgeries so far this year and I really need a break. Haven't had any 'problems' since the one that started everything last September/October so it should be a safe little delay -- yeah, I know, famous last words. Haven't called the GYN yet. Going to wait until next week to see if I feel any differently about it by then.

Anyway . . . here is a link to this weeks D:Life bulletin . . . some interesting stuff. I know we've seen some of these before, but there are also some new ones in here that I thought you might enjoy . . . http://www.dlife.com/dLife/do/ShowCo...thy_swaps.html . . . as usual, I'll go put it in the Tips and Tidbits Sticky for future reference as well.

Better get myself moving and shaking while the sun is still shining. Have a great day, gang . . . see you all later . . .
Old 05-02-2007, 01:17 PM   #10  

Morning everyone i had a delightful day yesterday doing nothing..today i hope to start some project besides sitting on my butt reading and watching tv..its sunny out and Daisy and i have been out on the deck.. me with my coffee and her getting tangled in her lead and not doing her business i keep telling myself patience..shes so cute and loving tho and keeps me intertained..my sl was 120 this am better than yesterdays..meowee..hope you get better everyday..the kittens sound like a lot of fun and "work" to..hello to all and have agood day (((((( ))))) rosey
Old 05-02-2007, 01:47 PM   #11  
Misfit

S/C/G: 264.5/238/150

Height: 5'6

Meowee - Kittens are so cute but I wouldn't want to start out with one. Too much like having a newborn again. LOL I totally agree with you about the hyst. If I were in your place I'd put it off too. 3 surgeries already, no matter now small is a lot in that small span of time.

Didn't check my levels the past few days but I've been walking constantly. I hope/think I may be down another 5 lbs at tomorrow morning's weigh in. I was thinking of changing my ticker but didn't want to jinx myself. Just have to watch the sodium today and tomorrow at least until after I weigh in.

I'm SO sorry for not checking in more but between work, babysitting and trying to walk walk walk, I don't have much time left to post after I get done checking my daily sites. Good thing I'm only into POGO in the winter or I'd never get anything done.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by cmbmom05; 05-02-2007 at 01:48 PM. Reason: I meant daily sites, not walks...I've got walking on the brain
Old 05-02-2007, 02:04 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 229/T/170

Height: 5'7

Morning all, Starting this morn with rain and BSL of 127. Most have been the popcorn i snacked on last nite. Oh well, another day another chance to make good. Im getting excited about weighing in on monday.. i really think im trimming down..hopefully i will not be disappointed. Meowee.. the kittens just sound to die for.. too cute. glad to hear the eye is starting to feel a bit better. and i understand wanting to put off the surgery. i have another one to go through this year and when the doc wanted to do it back to back i had to tell him no.. just to much at one time. oh and they do put something in those I.V.'s that raise your sugar level. happened to me too. well gotta get back to work.. take care everyone and cya soon!
Old 05-02-2007, 05:03 PM   #13  

I went to Water Aerobics this morning. I just it! It was the best workout yet, and I hated to see it end!

After I left the gym, I ran a few errands, then came home and have been puttering around. I have the baby until my daughter gets home at 6...I put him down for a nap, but I am not entirely sure he went to sleep. He is a little stinker! He is practicing walking around and around his crib!

I need to go try and get a few things done!
Old 05-03-2007, 10:57 AM   #14  
creations

Down 2 pounds st my weightin this morning. Wouldn't be bad but its the same 2 pounds up and down. Have to find someway to break the cycle.
Off to the dr this noon about my arthritis. Then tomorrow and Saturday,I will be at a rubber stamping convention.
Then hopefully can start planting flowers in the yard.
Would like to get a couple more kittens,but have 2 cats and 2 dogs now.

Judy S
Old 05-03-2007, 12:33 PM   #15  

morning everyone..cloudy here this morning.. my sl was 119 ..not as lo as id like..i spent the most unproductive lazy day yesterday but stayed on my diet and enjoyed just doing nothing..judy i have quite a collection of rubber stamps and i love using them..esp like penny black stamps..what do you do at a stamp convention? im jealous as we dont have such things here and it sounds like alot of fun..congrats to all those losing..im still scale"hopping" in disbelief for my loss..and its still 19#'s gone have great day everyone (((( )))) rosey
Closed Thread