Old 04-30-2007, 05:26 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Something Chat Monday April 30

Good Morning!!!
Vanessa--I had a "casualty" in my aquarium also..One of the "Movers" passed on..Of course before I could get DH to scoop it out--the "Wiggles" were having lunch...I don't know why dead fish give me the squimish feeling!! Hope the bad luck streak ended..Take care!!!

Ok...hit my target weight--Now I decided 5 more lbs to go..I am going to join the health club at work for $12/paycheck..I can work out before picking up K and then not feel guilty doing it and not spending time with her at home..She was sick all weekend--102-103 fever...I guess it is another ear infection?? DH is staying home and taking her to the pedi..I can't do it cuz she cries soo much and is scared and the last time the pedi asked me if she had anxiety disorder???Said it is not normal for a 4y/o to cry and be scared at the MD??? WHO LIKES THEM????

Ok-off to work..Have a great day all and good morning!!!!
We made our Disney plans and will miss the Movers this year..THey will be there in Oct and I am taking advantage of the free meal plan which ends on the 22..I will probably be stuck with Ralph's World or Daniel Cook
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all...congrats rr on the goal completion. I hope to eventually get to mine...and then depending..i may adjust mine too. But good for you.
mum- sorry about the fish disaster and the freezer. Hope today goes better.
Not much here...just checking in before work. Hope everyone has a great day. good luck.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:20 AM   #3  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Good Mornin' All! Quick...got a crapload of stuff to do today.

JOAN: HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY LITTLE YUMMY SUNSHINEY CAKE BATTER ICE CREAM CONE!!!!!! Yes, please clone him for Lisa and I!

Michelle B: I am assuming the new pic on your posts is of your kids? They are soooo adorable-and they totally look like very respectful little muffins too!

RR: CONGRATULATIONS on the success!!!

To Everyone else: GG/Lauren/Lisa/Kerri/Christina/Michelle/Roo/Tina/Karen K./Sheila/Vanessa/Clover/Hanna/Kirsten/Salty/Molly/Laura/Stephanie/10+ more that I'm forgetting- HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Melinda
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:31 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

I really need my coffee this AM. Just popping in before i get the little guy up and off to daycare.

Melinda, too perky for me this AM...

GG, congrats on finding a barn.

RR, congrats on meeting your goal!!

Later...
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:52 AM   #5  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Hello Everyone

RR: I am so proud of you! You really give me alot of inspiration to continue to loose considering I am stuck. Obviously a little more so than I thought considering my weight hasn't changed since I joined all but one pound. Great Job!!

GG: Sounds like you were a busy gal this weekend. I am glad you found a nice place for the pony.

Michelle: HOpe you had a good weekend.

Lauren: How is mom doing?

So Friday! My daughter has something called Traec malasia????? I am sure I spelled that wrong. Anyway the DR said he is pretty sure her traec has scarring. When she was first born they put a tube down her twice to suction her out. Plus she has had alot of surgeries so I guess it is possiable. We were told she is hard to antibate. Stick the tube in her mouth for surgery. Anyway she is on all these new meds for a while and if and when she gets sick again we are to get with him right away otherwise not see him until fall, she will be scoped the next time she is sick.

Saturday night my DH and I went to API spring fling. It is for petroleum association. Well ya I got stupid. I was hung over yesterday and decided that I am not drinking anymore I am going to be the driver in the future. I hate missing out on a whole day. We had fun but that is just crazy to miss that much time. I guessI am going through this stage in my life I have spent 16 years watching DH having all the fun and I was always responsiable. Not to mention my little sis showed up with her husband and wouldn't even say Hi then they managed to say crap to our folks and my meddling mother smarted off to my boys really made me upset. You have to understand my folks don't drink at all but they gamble like crazy.

Anyway I better scoot I have a bunch to do today and first thing this morning I have to go in and have a catscan.

Take care

sheila
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:37 AM   #6  

Height: 5'6

Had a fattening weekend! Anyone else? I am up from 147 (Friday) to 151 (Monday)....is that even possible? How do you guys combat salt bloat?
michelinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:38 AM   #7  

Height: 5'6

p.s. Wore a swimsuit yesterday.....looked like the michelinman! Luckily we were the only ones in the pool...so I could flaunt my multiple curves proudly!
michelinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:47 AM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mich, Water, and lots of it! That's the only way I've found to get rid of the bloat!

Sheila, thanks for asking. She's doing OK. Having a hard time getting the protein drinks in, and she's pretty emotional...hormones I guess. I'm doing my best not to lose it with her.
Hey, every now and then ya' gotta just have fun! Even if it's only once a year!
Is this what DD has? http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/001084.htm
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:52 AM   #9  

RR: congrats on getting to your target weight!!!..what a wonderful accomplishment...cant wait till i get there!....congrats again

GG: good morning to you!

MELINDA: good morning to you also!

SHEILA: i hope you feel better today!...dont you ever wonder why when we were younger we just couldnt wait to go out and drink??...for what??..to feel horrible the next day!...glad you had a good time...im with you, im usually the driver...not worth it to me to drink alot...drink lots of water today!...

MICHELINWOMAN: sorry you had a fattening weekend...keep moving forward though..im with you, i want to look good in a bikini this summer...both my boys birthdays are in august so that is my target to make weight..dont let this weekend get you down...keep going...good luck

as for me, this weekend was alright...i weigh today so not sure how i feel yet...i hope i lose more but i have a feeling i may have stayed the same...not too much working out last week...only 2 days at the gym and like 1 or 2 days on the treadmill...very lazy last week..so we'll see....keep your fingers crossed for me!...have a great one everyone!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:28 AM   #10  

i'm back...okay...another slow day at work..ughhh please give me something to do. LOL.
hey there mj, lbh and christina
sheila - we sort of have something similar in dogs called a collapsing trachea (seen mostly in little toy breeds). That sucks for your kid...but at least you have an idea of what's going on. sorry about the hangover.
michilinwoman- just drink lots of water and get moving and start eating healthy
okay...going to browse around the web for a while..bbl.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:45 AM   #11  
No excuses this time!

S/C/G: 279/249/154

Road Runner - that is excellent that you reached your target weight

Sheila - I hope you daughter stays okay so she doesnt have to see her doc until fall, I hope you are feeling better

Lauren - you mum is still in my thoughts

Michelinwoman -I agree with everyone else - drink plenty of water

A good feeling from the weekend...

Well - I threw out my fat pants(one size up from current size) LOL and had bought three recent pairs for this winter (we are in autumn now)- well I went out sat night, it was freezing and I had left planning my wardrobe till the final half hour before getting picked up (I had soaked in a bath for over 3/4 hour) ... so I went to put on my new black pair and I had forgotten that they needed taking up as well as my new brown pair, and I had worn the other new black pair on Friday to work and I hadnt washed them yet... I did a mad dash - pulling out all the clothes in my wardrobe hoping I had kept a pair of fat pants that I could wear pulled in and pinned and rummaging through some of the skinny clothes I kept aside that I had spent heaps of money on before I had got married, well the skinny clothes are still toooo skinny, so I thought about rolling up the new pants but I need at least 6 inches cut off both pair of pants - so I ended up wearing the dirty pair - I quickly spot cleaned the gluey finger marks that some of the kids had put on during the day - I am LOL now, but at the time - I was in a panic... Reflecting on this I am glad that I no longer have to wear the FAT pants, it feels like I have reached a small milestone!
mumtoliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:56 AM   #12  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

morning all
JOAN happy belated b-day i hope it was good
sorry i've been so MIA it has been one **** of a week im re-starting everything today diet and exercise that is im gonna get michelle back now that things have setteled down on the home front
i'll check in later
make it a great day everyone and yes im back and i'll be here more often
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:00 AM   #13  

congrats mum- you have reached a small mini goal. Every goal no matter how small or big is a great achievement. you should be proud of yourself!!!! Congrats. And good for you!!! Get rid of those fat pants and buy some new smaller sizes. I have a bad habit of keeping my fat pants and i think that just encourages me to gain the weight back. Good for you!!!!
Old 04-30-2007, 11:32 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Morning All!

RR ~ excellent!!! Good for you. My goal seems soooooooooo far away... How has the weight loss changed your energy level?
Melinda ~ good morning my little buttery pancaked drenched with maple syrup! Now, don't you go working too hard today.
GG ~ I didn't know that you'd already signed a contract on a house? That is good news. DH will be put to work right away ~ and loving every second of it. I know that you're moving so that DH can go back to school but do you already have a job waiting for you in Atlanta?
Lauren ~ we miss your note. These little weenie notes from you just aren't cutting it. How long before you're all alone again with a desk to yourself?
Sheila ~ Hangovers suck. I hadn't had one since college and then last summer I drank a few too many margaritas... it was ugly the next day. Live and learn!
My birthday weekend was a fabulous one! I didn't "overdue" eating but did some seriously BAD stuff. MIL got me a cake with chocolate pudding in the middle and then the icing was nothing but whipped cream. Good stuff. Went to a family function yesterday that was filled with good food. Again, I didn't eat too much, but ... well, there were three different kinds of desserts to choose from! 'Nuff said... onto a whole new day. Happy Monday all ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:10 PM   #15  

hey there michelle - how's the grandkid?
Joan - yep, already have a contract on a house and dh will be happy. We are already starting planning. We spent about 2.5 hours in the house friday taking measurements of everything (and yes i do mean everything). Spent about 3 hours on sunday at the home depot expo store getting ideas. So we are already planning cabinets ect...can you tell my DH is a bit anal retentive LMAO. But honestly...it will make things quicker if we can start planning now. As for a job, yep...already have one lined up. I will be going cooperate. I'll be an associate vet at Banfield (the vet clinic found inside PetSmart). There are definately pros and cons to going cooperate, but with DH in school the pros of cooperated (ie great health/dental benefits and 401K programs) far outweigh the cons. So into the coorperate world i go. Really however, it isn't going to be a lot different from where i work at. The boss here runs the place pretty much like banfield does...so just a few extra hoops, but nothing major. I really think i'll like it. Plus if i need extra money, i can always work extra days at different banfields and get paid money for pulling extra shifts...so very good! Glad your b-day went well. BTW when are you closing on your house?