Old 04-29-2007, 03:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 163/143/124

Height: 5'6"

Default Core/South Beach hybrid?

Hi everyone,
Does anyone do a combo of core and south beach, and if so, how do you do it?
I did core for a long time, with great success (5'6", 124 lbs and maintained until my last pregnancy.) I just discovered south beach and love how I feel when I eat foods lower on the glycemic level (no more wheat puffs and bananas for breakfast for me- they make me too hungry!) So, just wondering if there is anyone out there that has made a hybrid of the two plans. I think I might...

thanks!
gonnabeamilfagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:20 PM   #2  
Core 4/22/07 Doing It!!

Height: 5'5

Hi Ive followed South beach for a small period of time But I do take the knowledge that I learned and apply it to my Core,Low GI fruits etc.Although I do have a1/2 banana a day.I just watch my sugars.I do a lot of egg whites and veggies for meals and If I do eat bread I eat something good,bread 5gr fiber,mutligrain stuff.
Good luck!
TikiOnADiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

I don't know the South Beach very well, but I know enough to know that it and Core are both similar to a diet I really like: the Glycemic Index Diet. I try to follow that one, with the books by Rick Gallop. I happen to know the inventor of the diet, and I trust his research integrity. Not only that, the diet works and is easy for me to follow.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/143/124

Height: 5'6"

thanks all. I appreciate it!
gonnabeamilfagain is offline   Reply With Quote