Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2001, 01:41 PM   #1  
I'm on my way!

Default New Week New Thread!!

Ok you all...its a new week!! Let me see you posting alot!! Its good for the diet when you are using your fingers to type instead of holding foooood!!! LOL

I had a 1.2 gain...which I expected but didn't want to see it in writing!! It does help to post my gains because it keeps me on my toes so I won't have another one next week! I get discouraged when I have two in a row! ANd this week is going to be tough with Thanksgiving!! So I need you all to be here and kick my butt on a regular basis!!

I am starting the week off pretty good. I had a 4 pt breakfast and I just had a 5 pt. lunch. Now if I could just have a very low point dinner tonight I will have tons of points banked for Thursday! Hopefully I can keep it under control...I will I will I will! I have to convince myself because I know better! I HAVE NO CONTROL!!

Well I better get back to work...speaking of work. I have been contemplating quitting my job and doing daycare from home. Has anyone done this or do this now? I would love to be home with my son...I want to raise him...not let him be raised by someone else. I have the best daycare mom in the world but I want to be there while he is growing up!! Any feedback would be more than welcome good or bad! I have a big decision to make!!

OK catch ya all later!! Michelle
Old 11-20-2001, 02:01 AM   #2  

Michelle... Do you mean work form home or just be at home??? I quit teaching to stay at home with my kids, never regreted it either. I know a lot of moms that work from their home and get along fine..I personally could never be a mom the way I wanted to be and work too! Some people would rather be at work than home with the kids..to each his own!!!! Do what is right for you!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried to return to teaching when my kids were in gradeschool and it didn't work out! Now with the Fibro I can"t work

Today is my 25th wedding anniversay and I weigh less than the day I was married!

Last edited by Candicej; 11-20-2001 at 02:04 AM.
Old 11-20-2001, 12:58 PM   #3  
SLF

Hi...just a quick stop by to let you know how things are going.

I made it through last week's test real well. I am scheduled for the next major test next week Tuesday. I'll be in for about 6 hours, but they don't have to give me any anesthesia for this one. It will just be a long day of drinking all this junk and x-rays. This one will be boring, but at least shouldn't be too painful. It's just the IV's I hate.

So far the doctor doesn't have a lot of news yet, but so far no news is good news. After this next test, I see the doctor again on the 13th of December. At that time we'll schedule the liver biopsy along with an exploratory surgery. Those are the two things I'm most worried about. He seems to think I have some version of cirrhosis of the liver. Of course I've never been a drinker or in any risk categories, so we can't figure out what caused it. At least my efforts on weight loss will help me. He thinks at this point I would be an excellent candidate for a liver transplant if my liver is too damaged. Hopefully we aren't at that point yet.

I weighed in again today and lost another 2.4 pounds, for a total of 17. Weight watchers and all of you have really helped me through the last couple of months. I really appreciate all the thoughts and prayers.

For another piece of good news. We finally have a contract on our old house in Michigan. It had been up for sale for over 7 months. It really is a stretch on the budget owning two homes. It will be a real relief once we close on the sale.

It sure is good to see all of you posting. I don't have time to post individually since I'm using the library computers, but wanted to check in.

Brenda...I'm sure glad everything went well for you. I was thinking of you last week, but new it would go well. Hope it continues on that path for you.

Have a great thanksgiving. Wish me luck on Thursday. Between all the wonderful food, plus it being my birthday (and the last time I can truthfully answer I'm turning 39), there will be way too much food tempting me.

Susan
Old 11-20-2001, 04:03 PM   #4  
Is is spring yet??

Hello ladies!!

Just popping in to say HI! I am home on vacation this week and of course I got sick! I actually had to work yesterday and went in feeling icky - I ended up leaving early. I feel alittle better today (it's amazing what 9 full hours of sleep will do for ya!) - but not 100%. I just have a cold, sore throat - stuff like that. Not too bad.

Is everyone ready for Thanksgiving??

I am going to plan my meal today - decide what I will eat and write it all down. I plan to be OP - or I should say as OP as I can be. But Thanksgiving is one of the easier holidays for me - believe it or not. Turkey is good for you - so that helps!

I am about to cook my sweet potato casserole and bake my lowfat pumpkin pie - to have them ready for Thursday. Tomorrow I get to bake chocolate chip cookies - fun fun!!

Oh and my dad is home from rehab - he came home on Sunday. He is doing ok - still not feeling great - but he never will. Keep him in your prayers. I wish he could accept his life - that would make it alot easier for everyone. <sigh>

Michelle - Sorry about your gain - but you know what to do!! I always said I wanted to do daycare when I have kids - you should definately look into it. Check the internet - loads of info out there! Or heck post it on the WW General thread - I am sure others do it. GOOD LUCK!! I would want to raise my son too - and yours is so CUTE!

Candice - Happy Anniversary!!

Susan - Great job on your 17lb loss!! Just keep focused and you will do fine on Thanksgiving and your birthday!! Have a great one - you deserve it. So glad to hear your tests went well - keep us posted. Oh and that is great about your Michigan home -- what a relief huh!

Ok I need to run -- I have to start cooking and baking....the house will smell so good

If I don't get back here - Happy Thanksgiving!

Tara
Old 11-21-2001, 03:56 AM   #5  

Tara....can you send me that sweet Potato cass and low fat pumpkin pie recipe?????????

Too tired to post anymore now!
Old 11-21-2001, 05:57 PM   #6  
Is is spring yet??

Hello! I wanted to post a cute picture of my godchild Olivia - I hope you like it!!
Old 11-21-2001, 06:10 PM   #7  
I'm on my way!

Tara she is beeeutiful!!! HOw is your week going? Mine isn't going as planned food wise...but I figure a week not totally on program would do me good and make me get it out of my system to move forward! I'm not totally out of control..just eating at the top of my range and sometimes just over it. Oh well....

Candice...I was going to quit work all together and do daycare from home. I am seriously considering it. I get paid VERY well for what I do but after taxes and paying daycare I could take in two kids and bring home the same amount and be home with my son at the same time. BTW, happy belated Anniversary!!

Susan enjoy your birthday and thanksgiving. ONe day won't knock you off the charts!! Just go forward the next day!

In case I don't get back here tomorrow I want to wish you all a safe and Happy Holiday! We are going to John's sister's house in the Poconos for the day.

Brenda, Setina, PJ and everyone pop in to say hi!

Michelle
Old 11-21-2001, 07:48 PM   #8  
Teacher chick

She is gorgeous. What innocence.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I'm taking 4 days to enjoy, relax and hopefully not overeat.

Love,
Judy
Old 11-22-2001, 01:49 AM   #9  

Tara..Olivia is just adorable, so squeezable! How do you keep your hands off her!!!!!My Dh would be kissing those chubbylittle cheeks..he loves babies cheeks!
Old 11-22-2001, 07:57 AM   #10  
I'm on my way!

Just wanted to say HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Have a safe and happy Holiday!

Michelle K
Old 11-22-2001, 10:43 AM   #11  

Hi Everyone,

I am doing well. I went to the doctors yesterday for my post-op surgery visit. He took all the tapes off and gave me the go-ahead on taking a bath, Yippee!! That is going to feel great. He said everything looks great. I do have a yucky blister under my left breast that he calls a tape blister but other than that I am fine.

Susan,

I am glad everything went so well for you and I am sorry for all that you are having to go through, it's gotta be tough. Congratulations on the house and your weight loss, you are doing awesome.

Michelle, Hi girl. That is great that you have everything planned out so well. I have done no planning just gonna wing it, I know not a good idea.

Tara good to see you. Your godchild is sooooooooo beautiful and you are both very lucky to have eachother.

Judy, Isn't it great to have 4 days off? I am going to enjoy every minute of it and I am sure you will too.

Candice, how ya doing?

Setina, hope you are feeling much better.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSAN

Last edited by Punky; 11-22-2001 at 10:45 AM.
Old 11-22-2001, 10:56 AM   #12  
Is is spring yet??

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks for the kind words about Olivia - she sure is a cutie!! She is at that stage where she smiles ALOT! We just eat her up

Michelle - I went to WW last nite and was up 1/2lb. But you know that isn't bad considering I had a christening (with cake!) on Sunday. I deserved to gain it - and I am right back on track. I have my menu planned for today and will stick to it as closely as I can. I have to track - or else! So I will track it all!

Candice - Its hard not to be squeezing those cheeks all the time - believe me! She is so adorable.

Judy - You enjoy your 4 days off!! Do your best with program - its not an easy day to be OP - but if we plan we can do it!

Brenda - Glad to hear your post-op went well! Do your best today - you can do it!!

Ok girls you all have a super duper day! Be as OP as you can - it will be worth it. That is my plan anyway!!

Tara
Old 11-23-2001, 12:10 AM   #13  
Getting back on track!

Happy Thanksgiving Turkeys!

Hope you all had a great day. I had a nice day. We went to a friends but didn't stay out too long because David has to get up at 4am to go to work and I was in pain. I am still going to phyiscal therapy every week and that seems to be helping some. I got my truck back and I say it got the "Other Sister" paint job. Did you see that movie? She got a make over and they only did half her face...well, they only painted half my truck...I am sure after I complain til I am blue in the face on Monday something will be done about it. I think I am going to rejoin WW on Saturday and try again. The doctor had told me to give that old medication about a month to get out of my system, it hasnt been quite that long but I am anxious to get started. I have to go back and catch up on the posts but I had to say hi.

Love to all and I am thankful to know you all.

Setina
Old 11-24-2001, 01:09 AM   #14  

Whew! Glad that cooking spree is over! I did ok on my points had plenty banked and didn't even have to use them!!!!! It seemed to be aharder this time with me cooking even though I make everything healthy if you eat too much the calories add up so I just took small amounts and tried everything but had to try all the desserts! Hoidays are just too much work I have concluded!

Punky..gald to hear you doc appt. went well!

Tara..good to see you posting again! Good luck with your mastercook!

Setina..good for you rejoining is a good idea! A good step anyway.. Wow..painted only half your truck...Hope the don't give you any trouble! I didn't see that movie.

Judy..are you relaxing??????

PJ where are you?

Hi Michelle

Susan..

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-25-2001, 05:57 PM   #15  
Teacher chick

Candice, the worst part of relaxing is knowing that it's Sunday night and I have to get up to go to work in the morning. Yuk. I agree with you that holidays are sometimes too much. Happy belated anniversary.

Setina, I HATE to know you are still in pain.

Tara, I was not OP. I am now. I feel bad but also I let myself off the hook.

Bren, I'm still not over the nipples thingy. I'm glad you are doing so well.

Michelle, how were the Pocono's?

Susan, I'm thinking of you every day and wanted you to know that all you need to do is whistle and I'll help in any way. Thank God about the contract on the old house.

Freddie, PAMMY and everyone else, I wish you a great week ahead.

Judy
Closed Thread