Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 02:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 177.8 / 166 / 141

Height: 5 " 2

Angry Please HELP My DOWNFALL

My Hubby is my DOWNFALL He works in a Pizza Shop and even though I tell him I can't have Hoagies ( one of my addicting foods ) he brings them home and hands me a half when he knows I can't have it and I am so weak most of the time I can't say no Anyone have any suggestions for me ? Its like he doesn't want me to lose weight.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:32 AM   #2  
I know I can

Hi martysgirl,

If you really can't say no, why don't you include them every other day in your point calculation?

I can't live without peanut butter, so I calculate my days so I can have a real peanut butter sandwich with no remorse two or three times a week.

Also, if he keeps bringing temptation home, you could ask him to get you the lighter option he can get.

Hope this helps, and keep going!!!
Old 04-29-2007, 05:00 AM   #3  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

I want to respond with something similar...

First of all, you HAVE to say to him "Baby, I love you, and I know you are just bringing me something I like, but I really NEED to not have these hoagies every day" And you have to get him to understand and agree to this!

Then, tell him that you want to have 1 hoagie a week and PLAN for it. Ask him for support in this. Ask him, no matter what, please do not bring you a hoagie on the day when you are NOT having one. Get him to agree and commit. You need him to understand and be a part of your success.

Good luck ~ I would seriously kill for a hoagie right now (we don't have them here!!!) Get this guy on your side!!!
Old 04-29-2007, 08:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

It seems like he might be getting the message that you're not serious when you say you don't want them. If you eat what he brings and he gets the impression that it makes you happy, he has no incentive to stop. He probably wants you to be happy!

If you never ate them, he would probably stop bringing them. Like those above said, you have to make a decision -- it's up to you whether you want to never eat them or eat them once a week. Then you have to make a committment to honor yourself and your decision and also be clear with your husband if you truly feel that you want to cut back.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:43 AM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

If you continue to eat them when he brings them then you a relaying a message to him that I say not but I mean yes.

So when he brings them home say I know you did this cuz I love them but I am taking charge and I'm not going to eat it. It doesn't mean I don't love you and appreciate what you are doing.

However figure up the points and have one on occasion. W/W isn't about deprivation of your favorite foods it is about learning to live with a portion that satisifies you.

BTW I eat hogies (aka subs) at least once or twice a week so it can be done.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 177.8 / 166 / 141

Height: 5 " 2

Angry

Thank you all for the GREAT replies
Old 04-29-2007, 05:27 PM   #7  
Lost in Wonderland

S/C/G: 230.5/199.5/150

Height: 5'10"

you got to let him know that can not be an everyday food for you

if he is like my husband, he is not doing anything intentially to sabotage your diet .... he may think he is helping

schedule it once a week or so into your diet schedule
Old 04-29-2007, 06:55 PM   #8  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

It might help to sit down with him and explain the points system and show him what you are allowed each day. Then calculate out the points for his hoagie delight. THEN tell him how committed you are to becoming healthier than you are right now and show him that one hoagie means that you can't eat for the next three days . Then, show him how you can plan one hoagie in per week (or whatever, based on your points!), and that he can help you by bringing home a weekly hoagie.
This worked with my hubby, who brought me chocolate ALL THE TIME (which of COURSE I ate!) because he wanted to show me that he loved me. After he "got" the program, the chocolate stopped, except for the occasional treat. BUT, although I suggested that a FOOT MASSAGE would be an appropriate substitute for the chocolate, I STILL have to whine to get one...
Closed Thread