Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2001, 11:15 AM   #1  

Default Weigh In At Home 11/19 - 11/25

Starting the thread! Hope you all had a great weekend. I did! I got to see some old friends and had a great time. This week will probably be a challenge for us all, the Americans, at least. Let's do some serious planning before Thursday gets here.

Weighed at the dr's office this morning, it's been exactly 5 months and I've lost 43 pounds!! YEHAW!! Vial signs have all improved, but I still have a way to go.

Computer problems seem to be gone today, I think it's the long threads that cause the problems.

Michele, I read your post this morning. Stop beating yourself up, we are all human and have a slip now and then. Maybe you should plan for those times. I'm sure with all the exercise you got, you've more than made up for it. Drink lots of water!

I'm keeping up with my exercise too! In fact, along with the healthrider 5 days a week, I started walking with my husband last night. I hope to keep that up, even for just a mile at a time!

Have a great day!
Old 11-19-2001, 12:10 PM   #2  

Karen - Fantastic numbers! You are doing so well. Way to go on getting in that exercise too. Yes, this week will be a challenge but I am planning for it.

I'm happy to report that I lost 1.4 pounds this week. Wahoo! I'm sure some of it is because TOM was over but I also think that getting in those "milks" is helping. I can't say I was great exercise wise this weekend but I did OK foodwise - dinner out last night was fine. It turns out Charlie Brown's is a steak place and they had some lean selections. My sister is also on WW so we discussed points before ordering - it helped. I did get on the bike (blech) this morning and will try to get some weights in tonight or tomorrow. I'm also going to try to bank a couple of food points a day so I have 10 to use on Thanksgiving. I know from the last time I hosted that my problems won't be during the day (too busy) but with the leftovers. I'm planning on giving it away (except for a meal or two worth of food which I'm going to freeze) and I'm planning on making myself a Swiss Miss lite once I finally sit down after everyone has left.

I did a lot of Thanksgiving preparations over the weekend and especially once I'm "off" tomorrow afternoon, I'll be going at it full time. I hope to check in tomorrow morning but after that I don't know if I'll be on. Just in case though, I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday, full of family, friends and delicious but low point foods! Karen C - I wish you a wonderful week!

Judy
163.6/156.6/135
Old 11-19-2001, 01:36 PM   #3  

Good Afternoon! I am happy to report a 2 pound loss this week. I am actually shocked! I thought for sure my weekend blew any chances for a loss.

Karen-43 pounds that is great!

Judy-1.4 way to go.

I have to post the following, I will keep it small and just this once, I think we deserve it.
Old 11-19-2001, 01:42 PM   #4  

I know someone asked not to post graphics, but I thought it suited the situation. I will not make a habit of it.

It also applies to all of us. I really appreciate all the advise I have received, having a place to vent and share. Especially the friendships.

Think of the little dancing WooHoo's on Thursday when those pies are calling your names. If we all post a maintain/loss after Thanksgiving I will find a special one just for the occasion.

I am leaving Thursday morning for Canada and won't be back online until Monday. I will be thinking of you all.

Have a great day!
Old 11-19-2001, 02:34 PM   #5  

WOWEE ZOWEE! Everyone is doing great!!

Judy! Congrats on the loss, the exercise and the planning for Turkey Day! Good luck with the leftovers, great idea sending them home with the guests, and I'm sure they'll be grateful!

Michele! You go girl!! I'm a firm believer in varying points to achieve a loss. I think it keeps the metabolism moving and that high point day may just have worked in your favor! Thanks for the kind words and WOOHOO!
Old 11-19-2001, 05:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Super busy here at work. Just enough time to say hi to you all and to add:

Karen B - Congrats on a great loss.

Karen C - Your numbers are terrific.

Judy - Congrats on your loss too!

Michele - And congrats to you too. Those couple of higher point days probably helped - keeps the metabolism on its toes.

I hope I'll be able to get on tomorrow. Wednesday I'm off and will be knee deep in Thanksgiving preparations as I'm hosting the dinner.

Have a great evening.

Carla
Old 11-19-2001, 08:50 PM   #7  
Canadian, eh?

Hi Everyone!

I've been at a course today, so have been sitting on my butt all day chowing down on not so healthy catered meals and snacks. Guess I'll have to figure out something healthy to put together for dinner, even tho its getting late...

What a bunch of losers on this thread! Wahoo, and way to go everybody!

Karen C - what a terrific cumulative loss! One pound here and there doesn't seem like a lot, but when you add them all up, well...WOW!

Michele - great losing! All that beating yourself up for nothing!!!

Judy - glad the scale cooperated with you, I know you'll do fine over Thanksgiving. I gave away all the leftovers from thxgvg this year (ours is in October), so didn't have to contend with tons of extras tempting me!

Carla, hope all the preparations go well. Enjoy your day... how many are you cooking for?

I haven't missed a day with the treadmill since we got it! I've been varying the workouts to keep boredom from creeping in, and crank up the tunes to entertain myself.

till tomorrow....Karen B
Old 11-19-2001, 10:54 PM   #8  

Karen C - Wow, that's great news...43 lbs in 5 months. Way to go getting in even more exercise.

Judy - Congratulations on the loss. Good job planning for Thanksgiving. I join you in the challenge of not losing control after everyone leaves. Actually I am having dinner here at noon and then after everyone leaves we are going to my in-laws. I don't eat a full meal (just a small amount of turkey and salad), but she leaves the food sitting out (all those desserts!!!) and I have trouble with nibbling late in the day.

Michele - Congratulations on a great loss. Enjoy your trip to Canada.

Carla - Hope things slowed down at work. I'm hosting this year too. Since my sisters and I always have to go to the in-laws too, my mom planned dinner for noon and we've stuck with that schedule. We cook the turkey the day before, cut it up and reheat in a roaster. Since I have to work half a day Wednesday, my sister offered to cook the turkey. (She said she would gladly do it if I would host.) I just have to clean and take care of the side dishes.

Karen B - Great job keeping up with the exercise. I'm sure it will pay off with a good loss.

The weekend got to me again, but I'm back on track today. Hopefully I didn't do too much damage.

Talk to you tomorrow (hopefully).
Pat
Old 11-20-2001, 08:26 AM   #9  

Michele - way to go on getting rid of those 2 pounds! Like Karen, I'm a believer in varying points too.

Carla - sorry to hear things are busy at work - I hope they are better today. Good luck with the Thanksgiving preps.

Karen B - way to go on being consistent with getting on the treadmill. Sounds like you have a good plan for keeping it fresh. I hope you figured out something low point for dinner. It's hard when all you have are the catered meals and snacks.

Pat - sorry to hear that the weekend is tough. After the holiday, maybe we can figure out what is making them tough for you so we can plan a way around it - just a thought. I know what you mean about the food being out there being tempting. I'm trying to think what you can do to avoid those desserts sitting out there - have you tried a lite hot chocolate? I find it very satisfying and it often keeps me from reaching for a sweet. Maybe you can take a packet with you. I know I'm having one after everyone leaves. Good luck with the T-day prep. Sounds like a good deal you and your sister worked out.

I'm finishing up work and will be off as of noon - then on to some stuffing. I decided to make some of it (I make 5 times the recipe) today - I don't see why it won't keep in the fridge and I want to try to make tomorrow a little less crazy - ha! We'll see what happens.

If I don't get back on, I hope you all have a great week and a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know (especially this year) that I have a lot to be thankful for - including this forum and all of you!
Judy
Old 11-20-2001, 10:08 AM   #10  

Hi Girls! I have not left yet, so I can post today. Went to the BareNaked Ladies concert last night. EXCELLENT! Stayed within my points and I will count 2 hours of dancing in the isles as exercise for the night.

I have to be extra careful this next week and not because of the Turkey dinner. I am so busy I will not have time to get to Jazzercise until next Monday. I have a painter coming to look at house tonight and I have to take puppy to vet yet again, he has a rash on his private that will not go away. Tomorrow night busy with my sons birthday (not till Dec. 1st but giving him our gifts early to keep him busy on long car ride, new gameboy advance and a personal CD player) and packing so I will not make it Wed. night either. Then Thrurs, Fri, Sat in Canada. I am going to get on elliptical for next 2 days, but in Canada there is nothing except walking. I will have to force myself to get out there and walk.

I would like to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!

Pat-the weekend got to me too, but it had a happy ending, I am sure it will work for you too.

Judy-enjoy your hot chocolate on Thursday and the quality time with your family.

Karen-great job with the treadmill, keep up the good work. I am sure your next weigh in will be worth all the extra effort.

Carla-good luck with all the preparations, have a great holiday.

Karen-mixing up points works I see. I am not too sure I will want to do it every week, but I guess I won't sweat it so much when I do.

Thanks for all your support and friendship.

Again, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
Old 11-20-2001, 02:16 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone.

Karen B. - Good for you for getting on that treadmill everyday. I'm gooking for 11 adults and 3 kids. Shouldn't be too bad as my mom and MIL are bringing things. I don't know why, but I just have a mental block against hosting Thanksgiving - I hate doing it.

Pat - I've never thought about doing the turkey the day before. I'd give it a try, but mine will still be thawing out tomorrow. It sure is hard when food is just lying out, isn't it. I'll be sending you positive vibes on Thursday.

Judy - I don't see why the stuffing wouldn't keep in the fridge. Good idea to make it ahead. I'm doing Stove Top this year. I just refuse to make myself crazy with this dinner. Ok, I've already made myself crazy with it - just don't want to get any crazier.

Michele - Have a terrific trip to Canada. Hopefully you'll run into nice sunny days and you'll be inspired to get those walks in!

Don't know if I'll get back in here tomorrow since I'll be busy slicing and dicing and straightening the house. Don't know how much I'll get done tonight because I didn't have much sleep last night and I'm really tired. As I give thanks on Thursday, I'll include my gratitude for the wonderful friends I have on this board. Your support is invaluable. To all of you in the U.S., Happy Thanksgiving. To Karen B., and to Jenn if your lurking, have a great regular old Thursday!

Carla
Old 11-20-2001, 03:19 PM   #12  
cookies are for browsers

Hello all, and Happy Thanksgiving.

I don't have much time but I wanted to say that.

Weighed in today at 209, it's TOM so we shall see next week. I am the famed 16 pound of water retaining TOM camel woman.

Jennifa
216/209/170
Old 11-20-2001, 03:43 PM   #13  
Canadian, eh?

Hi All, sounds like it's going to be lonely around here for a couple of days! Hope all my American friends have a warn and special Thanksgiving with your nearest and dearest.

Jennifa - I know what you mean about retaining! I can go up 7 or 8 lbs no problem. Hopefully it'll remedy itself for you pronto.

Carla - great that you're moms are pitching in. We had 16 here for thxgvg last month, and it's tons of work. Nice to get everyone together though. It doesn't happen that often anymore. Rest up and you'll be energized again in a few days.

Michele - I saw the BNL's last year, they're a lot of fun aren't they? Dancing in the aisles definitely counts as exercise! Enjoy your trip north. I live about 3000 miles west of where you'll be!!

Judy - mmmm stuffing!! 5X the recipe, wow...you must have a big bird. My favorite sandwich in the world is leftover turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and a bit of mayo...won't see one of those again till Christmas now.

Pat - the weekend is behind you now, so it's full steam ahead for the rest of the week. I always do the thxgvg meal early afternoon too. That way there's lots of time after for a walk after we eat, and we don't go to bed absolutely stuffed. (That way I get to have my favorite sandwich for supper!)

I did a 30 minute hill climb this morning on the treadmill. Sometimes it a bit torturous when I'm on it, but I look forward to walking on it, and feel great when I'm done too.

Talk to you all in a day or two,

Karen B
Old 11-20-2001, 11:46 PM   #14  

Judy - Good luck with all the preparations. I'm not sure what the problem has been on the weekends. I think some of it has to do with not eating on my usual schedule. A lot of my meals have been later than normal because I've waited until Laura has left for the evening (or I've had to take her and her friends somewhere). Late meals leads to grabbing unplanned snacks. I'll have to give the hot chocolate a try. It has finally gotten cool here so it sounds good now.

Michele - Have a great trip. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and you'll be able to get in some walking.

Carla - We've been doing the turkey the day before for years. We never did set the turkey on the table to be carved and this way all the mess is cleaned up. I'm going easy this year too. Darrell even went out and bought pies so that I didn't have to mess with it. He has to work tomorrow night and will be sleeping until almost time for guests to arrive so I'm looking for any way I can to cut corners. I figure no one will complain...otherwise they get to do it next year!

Jennifa - Have a great Thanksgiving.

Karen B - Glad you are enjoying the treadmill. I love leftover turkey. My kids always complained that they didn't like it reheated. Boy were they surprised to learn Grandma had been serving reheated turkey to them their whole lives.

Well, I should know better than to start the day with something sweet. It didn't satisfy me and I kept looking for something sweet all day. Tomorrow I work until noon and then its home to finish cleaning and make some salads. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. I am thankful for all of you. I know if it wasn't for you I would have given up a long time ago and gained all the weight back (if I had ever gotten it off in the first place). Thanks for all of your support.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING,
Pat
Old 11-21-2001, 06:14 AM   #15  

Dear Ones,

I just wanted to take a moment and say how much I appreciate having this forum and all of you here for support. I know I couldn't have done it alone. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving getting together with loved ones and friends.

Weighin this morning: plus one pound. TOM is coming up very soon, and I didn't drink all my water yesterday, so that explains it.

I'm going over to friends for steaks tomorrow, so won't be tempted with all the fixings. I cooked a turkey Saturday in order to enjoy a few sandwiches, and plan to make Turkey Soup today with the remains. YUM!

Travel safe, have a wonderful weekend!
Closed Thread