Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2001, 08:42 AM   #1  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Default The Monday Morning Blues

Hi ladies,

I really don't care for Mondays much.

I saw Shallow Hal. I thought it was funny and my overall opinion is that it's a good movie. However, a few things did get on my nerves. For one, half the reason the girl was so unsightly wasn't her weight... it was the outfits she wore. A size 8 girl wouldn't even look good in some of those clothes. ANd other thing was the exaggeration with breaking chairs and leaning cars. And lastly she ate so much food. The movie makes it out like all fat girls are fat because they order double pizza burgers, cheese fries and chocolate milk shakes.

But in all it was a good movie and I think a lot of people caught on that the jist of the movie is that outward appearances aren't going to make relationships.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-19-2001, 09:35 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

hi lisa and all those about to post. i agree that mondays aren't much fun. still, not long till the xmas holidays!
i'm hoping to not booze until saturday so i will have gone a full week. fingers crossed!
saturday night BF and i stayed at his parent's. we even got to stay in the same bed this time. i guess now we're living together his parents don't mind! it would have been very odd otherwise.

sorry this is so short. i had typed more but when i hit the backspace key the browser went back a page and lost the whole message. grr, i hate it when that happens. i'll hopefully be back to waffle more later,

take care girls,
love kirsty
ps lori - the losses will show. try measuring yourself again. or get your leader to look over your journal in case you're going wrong somewhere. sometimes it just takes time...
kay - good to hear from you. good luck at wi, enjoy your vacation and hope you get lucky on the job front
Old 11-19-2001, 10:19 AM   #3  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Ugh! Mondays!!

At least Turkey day is this week!!
I've got lots of work to do so I'll be around later.
Still doing well OP...some days a few points over but not too much.
We'll see tomorrow at WI.
more later
Hi Kirsty and Lisa!!
Old 11-19-2001, 11:04 AM   #4  

Default Hello!

I am here-boy, the board is quiet today-where is everyone?? Well, i am weighing in 2 days early this week b/c I am going to NY for Turkey Day-a tough three days of eating-thanksgiving on thursday, the tasting at my catering hall on friday, and a wedding on saturday....D'Oh! I am being extra good this week in preparation...I weighed myself yesterday morning at home and was down 2 1/2 pounds...so we'll see at WI-maybe this is the week it will show up!!!!
I was reading the Shallow Hal thread-haven't seen it yet but I definitely want to so i can have an opinion!!! Hope everyone is having a good day!Lori
Old 11-19-2001, 11:16 AM   #5  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Well, I am up a bit. But I knew I would be after 9 days of wonderful eating while on vacation. I love good food and we ate at a lot of interesting places... so yes, it was worth it!

My meeting is irritating me tho. I am tired of people always whining that they are losing too slow and why doesn't the weight come off faster. Once in awhile doesn't bother me, but this is happening at every meeting. On Saturday, this girl was complaining big time that she has only lost 11 pounds in 9 weeks (what's wrong with that???).... BUT she has gone from a 22 to a 16 pant size! Now that is great.... but not to here. She had increased her activity and could not understand that muscle is a good thing and that is weighs more than fat and is smaller. No matter what, she would not be happy. I tried to help, but she was not interested in that. It gets very irritating.... especially for me... I have been on WW since 1998, took time off because I was PG, and am still at it. It's a neverending circle of slowness.

OK, enough whining!

I have 2 thanksgiving dinners, one on Thurs. the other Sat. UGHHH!
Old 11-19-2001, 01:34 PM   #6  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Hey Lori! Your fellow Bostonian is also going to NY for Thanksgiving. My roommate from college lives there and her family always adopts me for Thanksgiving.

Kirsty - have a good time at the bf's 'rents. Funny, sometimes we sound like AA memebers Just kidding.

Hi Stacy and Jen - Jen, I know what you mean. I don't like the people who complain and complain that they're not losing but they're not journalling or excersizing and won't even try it for a week to see if it makes a difference (of course it will). But to complaing that WW isn't working when they won't even journal. Journalling is part of WW. And while we all slack off, we all know deep down that if we're leveling off it might be time to journal again and don't go blaming the program!

OKay girls.... I just weighed in at my gym at work and I'm very dissapointed. It says I'm up 2. I know Friday I was over. It was my roommates b-day and we went to dinner and I had 4-5 drinks. But I had banked 8 points and have 18 left for the day so I was hoping I was okay. I was hoping that one day wouldn't ruin my efforts. I'm hoping that the gym scale is off. We'll see tomorrow.

I have a difficult week ahead. Tonight I have a party to go to so I can't go to the gym after work. Tomorrow I have a hockey game to go to so I can't to go to the gym after work tomorrow either. Wednesday I leave for NY and won't be going to the gym while I'm there. Plus that's 3 days of being out of town and not being completely in control of what is available for me to eat. I'm just going to try as hard as I can... but it's gonna be a doosy!

Lisa
Old 11-19-2001, 02:43 PM   #7  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default i saw shallow hall also

i thought it was a good movie. v. funny. i thought some of it was exaggerated as well=it's not like all fat people eat dbl burgers and chili fries. but all in all it was a good movie and good for a laugh.
just wanted to throw my two cents in!
jen3
Old 11-19-2001, 02:48 PM   #8  
A Yankee in Virginia

Hi girls!

I just wanted to pop in and say hi. I have a meeting in 15 minutes. I'm hoping it will be a quiet few days. I have Thursday and Friday off (had to take Friday as a vacation day), and we have an early deadline of 2 p.m. (it's usually 6 p.m.) Wednesday, so I'll get out early. Yay! I can clean the house. My parents, sister and grandma are all coming to stay at my house. Yikes! Mom and Dad are coming Tuesday night and the other two are coming Wednesday evening.

Well, I better run.
Old 11-19-2001, 04:15 PM   #9  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all. I am getting ready for the big Thanksgiving. My folks and little sister are coming...so I am cleaning like crazy. I also bought my turkey. I wanted a 20lb. one at least, but the bigest I could find was 19 something. Oh well.

Sounds like we will all have many chalanges this week. Thursday thanksgiving, Friday we are going to Chicago to shop etc. Now that won't be too crowded. May just go out to the burbs where I grew-up. I think I would rather than try to fight the crowd of Michigan Ave with my big belly.

Went to the dr today and all is fine. My iron is a little down so they started me on iron supplements today. My RX brother-in-law said the supplements could make me sick. Great. Between that and the pre-natal I will be all sent.

Also, had the tour of the birthing center at the hospital last night in our baby birth class. It was very informative...but very hot on that floor. I will have to remember that.

Ok, have a good day.

Trish
Old 11-19-2001, 08:09 PM   #10  
Canadian Chick

Angry Hi friends!

Sorry I've been MIA! I have had the busiest few weeks at work that I have ever had! Its good from a financial aspect but its sure taking a toll on my eating and sleeping habits! I have been so rushed that we've been eating our way more than nromal and not at places with good choices either and I've been hardly sleeping (I know what's new right?) and when I'm over tired I get more stressed and when I'm stressed I turn to food! I've been trying to keep myself aware of it so I don't go food-crazy! I haven't gained anythign though so that's one good thing. I think my main thing is now I need to be organized and plan ahead so that when I get home dog tired I don't turn to the unhealthy easy to cook stuff. I bought one of those masks today that people on the movies always wear to sleep with! I'm hoping it will help me to relax faster. We have a lovely street light that shines in our window. I need to do something. I am making myself take time for myself too. A very good thing! Last night I had a really relaxing evening. Today after work I had a massage and tonight I'm going to have a Kniepp home soak (hydrotherapy). I am tired of being tired all the time. I am even thinking about spending the money to actually join WW instead of doing it at home. I think that right now when I have hardly any time to be one here to get support from you guys I have to get it somewhere. And if my work keeps up this busy I will definitely be able to afford it! I hope it will help me to stay on track. I think I need to change my Christmas goal though-right now I'm no closer than when I started it! I can't believe its only six weeks until Christmas-crazy!!! Anyway I should run-have to have supper still. Take care everyone! Hopefully I'll be able to pop in before the week is over already. For all of you American girls have a great Thanksgiving!

-Rina
Closed Thread