General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2001, 08:03 AM   #1  
sweetpoison

S/C/G: 224/230/160

Height: 5'5"

Question Physicians Weightloss Program???

Is anyone here doing or had any experience with the physicians weightloss centers?? Any pros or cons??? Success stories would be great. Thanks to all.

Vicki

Last edited by sweetpoison; 11-19-2001 at 08:07 AM.
Old 11-25-2001, 09:18 PM   #2  

My mother has been on this plan a few times. The weight comes off fast. She likes it and keeps going back, I am not sure how much it cost. She has to weigh in about 3 times a week. Sorry I couldn't offer any more help. Good luck!
Old 12-01-2001, 02:39 PM   #3  

Angry I loved it

I did PWLC several years ago and had great success. I had to stop short of my goal because it was too expensive at the time. They have a website and you can do the program on line if you want. I didn't quite understand the principle at the time but it is basically a high protein diet (at least the program I did.) From what I remember you ate from a basic list of food items and each week they increased items you could choose from. The expense came from the supplemental high protein drinks, soups or bars that you ate. My favorites were the clear soups and the hot chocolate, especially this time of year. They have a starter pack that has vitamins (I wound up taking my own - One a Days) and a weeks worth of the drinks, etc. I was not hungry and the weight came off faster then any other program I have been on since. They closed the offices in my area and I just recently foudn their web site. I am seriously thinking about trying it again after the first of the year.
Old 12-12-2001, 03:47 PM   #4  

I have lost 45 pounds in 6 months with Physician's Weight Loss and it is THE healthiest diet I've run across anywhere. I've never eaten so many vegetables, fruits and whole grains. Since I'm only 7 pounds from my goal of 170 (I am a 5' 10" body builder) they have me on System III which is not so high protein. I lose about 2 pounds a week. On system IV (for obese people, which I started on) you have more protein and very low fat. You really need to supplement with EFAs. They give you B12 shots once a week too to avoid anemia. I lost 3 pounds a week CONSISTENTLY on that (even though I cheated a lot).

Yes the protein supplements are a bit expensive, but they are the same calories (60-90 a serving) and protein content as Designer Whey and taste MILLIONS of times better. Most protein bars and shakes are actually meal replacements and have too many calories.

I really think the protein supplements did the trick in curbing my appetite and sparing muscle as I lost fat. I hardly lost any lean body mass, and I went from obese (I was 219 pounds!!!) to normal.

I would suggest PWLC to anyone. They will refuse you though if you have any tendency to gallstones. You have to have an initial EKG and blood test which is done at the center. I payed for a year, and although it is high, it is the BEST thing I've EVER done for myself. I have relearned how to eat for health and in the right portion now.
Old 03-08-2003, 11:13 AM   #5  
sweetpoison

Was wondering, was your weightloss about 2 lb a week in the beginning, on the higher protein???? I am now 218 and like most would like to drop the first 50 fast (as possible) then work on the rest. At 5'5", med. frame, I figure 135 to 140 to be a goal for me. I am 50 in april and not a spring chicken anymore

Thanks
Vicki

Opps, I see it, it was 3 lb a week. Just a brain fart today for me

Last edited by sweetpoison; 03-10-2003 at 09:03 AM.
Old 03-08-2003, 05:46 PM   #6  

Where can I find out more about this program? Is there a website or a phone number I can call?

Kathy
Old 03-10-2003, 09:06 AM   #7  
sweetpoison

Sure they have a web site - physiciansweightloss.com

and it is cheaper than joining at the centers, but, it is also easier not to do the program Been there, tried that

and their so called "message boards" are a joke. There are very few people on them and super slow turnover. I was disappointed in that.

RHONWYN: I cant remember, the high protein packets, they are only protein right, no vitamins added.???

Vicki
Old 03-10-2003, 04:05 PM   #8  

Thanks Vicki, I think i'll tough it out a little more before I resort to them. I did go to the website, and they make everything seem to possible, and strict!

Kathy
Closed Thread