Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-27-2007, 12:24 AM   #1  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Binge confessions

Well I have had a bad couple of days. I have binged big time, two nights in a row. I feel so terrible, and I don't understand why I can't control it. I did well both days till I got home in the evenings..I just munch and munch and munch. I feel so helpless. Everytime I eat another bite all I can think about is how I shouldn't be eating it..But I do it anyway. I feel like I must be mentally impaired if I can't even control my hand to mouth function.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/198/178

Height: 5'6"

i TOTALLY understand-i have no great advice other then to say, good for you for posting and good for you for being mindful, even AWARE of what your doing, so often we're not even aware that we are engaging in this behaviour.
you are not mentally impaired-you are changing a pattern that is very hard to change. be patient with yourself!
is there stuff that normally helps you not binge?
keeponkeepingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:58 AM   #3  

Exclamation Many many people binge

Don't worry friend it's not uncommon. I have had to fight it off a lot lately too. You should look at Romans 7:14 it's helped me so much as I struggled with binging and purging. It says this:

"We know that the law is spiritual, but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. I do no understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do....As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me....So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law, but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin...What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

He will rescue you. It takes a long time and many battles, some that you will lose. I have been battling this for years, but I know that victory is somewhere down the road. I just keep pressing on towards it. You've had victory too and you will see more. Just keep the faith.
SLM7 is offline   Reply With Quote