South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 06:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday's Daily Chat

Good Morning!

This week is flying by, I can't believe it's Thursday already! It looks like it's going to be a rainy day, but I don't mind. This morning is my turn to take the girls to school and run errands til it's time to pick up Maggie. We have to rush back to my house to meet Jerry, the computer guy. I'm glad they're sending him back, he's the guy who came out last week, so he knows the problem I've been having, and he seems like a nice person, too. Hopefully this will be the last time I have a problem with my laptop, or I'm complaining to Dell and insisting they give me a new one. They're just lucky they're not dealing with Jake! He doesn't know how to be nice and patient like I do!

Kim, Good luck on your closing today, I'll be thinking of you!

Stinger, That's such a shame about your mother, I pray she'll have a speedy recovery.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:44 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Please keep the rain down there, Cottage. I would love to do more yard work. I guess I'll have to do it this morning as showers are predicted here by noon. That will freshen things up but I sure have enjoyed the sunshine.

I ended up going to the dreaded Long Horn for dinner last night and got sucked into playing "Deal or no Deal". I guess it was beginner's luck because I won $1M! Silly game!

Kevin is coming for coffee this morning and to talk about the eavestroughing he was supposed to install last October! I also want a section of fence built to block my view of a neighbour's yard where the kid's store their bikes. Of course all this will probably happen at the same time as the kitchen reno which has now been moved to a May 14 start! May will be a busy month.

I'd better wrap myself around some breakfast and do a bit of dog petting before Kevin gets here.

Have a shiny day!
Old 04-26-2007, 06:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Ruth! Another busy in your part of the world! Rain is on the docket for today, but the sun just broke through! Whatcha gonna do that $1M you won?
Old 04-26-2007, 07:01 AM   #4  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, all. Is it really Thursday already? It should be a typical day around here. I think the rain should let up for awhile today, but it will be back this evening. After work, the girls and I need to take a trip to Target for sunglasses, hats, and sunscreen. I'm going to a workshop on Saturday (if it doesn't get canceled like they're talking ) and the babysitter is going to take the girls to the zoo. If the workshop doesn't happen, I'm going to take the day for myself anyway...get my hair cut and see a movie at the very least.

I'm off to make coffee and pack my food for the day. Hope you all have a good one.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:21 AM   #5  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Beachers!

Looks like today will be a typical work day for me...I sure hope so as I'm a bit behind on my schedules! Yesterday morning, we had a call from our realtor that someone wanted to see the house in two hours..at lunch. Hubby and I had to jump up from our computers (we work from home) and get the house cleaned in one hour as I had a conference call before lunch. I didnt think it was possible to clean a house that fast...and I've never seen hubby move that fast to clean! Now, I know what he can do. We went to the Y for our workout while the house was being shown. No feedback yet.

Stinger - How is Mom today? Please know that she is in my prayers.
Cottage - So glad they are sending a good computer guy to help you today. I'm so very dependent on the computer techs since I work from home and I've had them send out some horrible ones....I know how aggravating it can be.
Ruthxxx - sounds like you are making major renovations...I need a privacy fence in my backyard to block the view of the neighbor's neglect. Send Kevin my way when you're finished with him! Hubby and I are thinking we might need to put one up to sell the house, but it sure is getting hot here. Don't really want to be out in that heat doing manual labor...but, sounds like a real fat burner...hmmm I might need to think about this.
jetsetter - Hope your workshop doesnt get cancelled as it looks like you are looking forward to it. However, I have to say...a day to yourself sounds incredible. I havent had one of those in a looooong time.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:49 AM   #6  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Morning Chicks - I'm back on my beach towel (again ) It's so frustrating that I can't seem to get my mind around the fact that I *need* to do this. I know I've done it before, I know I can do it again. I just can't seem to gather the motivation I had before. Like not fitting in my clothes isn't motivation enough?

Anyhow, have food packed for the day. No idea what's for dinner tonight but planning on getting my meal plan for the next week done. DD is going to Nana's house tonight for a "date" so maybe I'll take DS to the store if he's not in too terrible a mood and get my shopping done so I can re-stock the house with healthy food.

Well, I need to get this coffee finished and start on some work - hope you all have a good day!
Old 04-26-2007, 09:01 AM   #7  
On The Beach!

Good morning! Well, 2 days down and other than being a little 'draggy' I'm doin' good! I'm trying to keep the eating plan simple right now and I'm thinking about trying the Taco Salad (made with turkey as I don't eat red meat) listed in the Recipes section for tonight. Would any of you care to share your favorite quick and easy meals? Gotta head to Target and the grocery store in a bit.

Have a great day!
Old 04-26-2007, 09:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 147/130/130

Height: 5'4"

Morning ladies. It is a rainy Thursday here, but they say a warm sunny weekend is coming, so I guess we will deal with the rain for another day. The dogs were less than happy to have to go out in it, as were the humans!

I got my first compliment on looking like I had lost weight yesterday from someone who didn't know I was trying I had steal cut oatmeal for breakfast this morning....first time since starting SB that I haven't had eggs of some sort...so I am a little nervous. It is hard to be patient to add things back...especially cereal and fruit...it is hard to stick with one fruit a day for now, but I know I need to so I will.

Ok, better get to work, have a good day!
Old 04-26-2007, 09:11 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaluna3 View Post
Good morning! Well, 2 days down and other than being a little 'draggy' I'm doin' good! I'm trying to keep the eating plan simple right now and I'm thinking about trying the Taco Salad (made with turkey as I don't eat red meat) listed in the Recipes section for tonight. Would any of you care to share your favorite quick and easy meals? Gotta head to Target and the grocery store in a bit.

Have a great day!
I love to make fajita fixings...chicken, red and green peppers, onion...and put over salad with a little LF sour cream and fresh salsa, quick, easy and yummy! Taco salad is another easy one!
Old 04-26-2007, 09:14 AM   #10  

Another rainy day in Chicago. I had a meeting scheduled today but it was canceled so I find myself free until I work tonight. I'm going to fight the urge to lay around like a slug and instead I'll get some laundry done -- it has a tendency to pile up quickly w/a family of 5!

Bellaluna, I've been in the mood for Mexican food for a couple days now -- I'll have to look up that taco salad recipe!

Stinger, how's your mom doing?

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-26-2007, 09:21 AM   #11  
Michael Ann 1973

Good Morning Sista Friends!

I have a ton of stuff to do today because I am off tomorrow. I didn't get home from work until 9 on Tuesday and last night I worked at a candlelight vigil for Virginia Tech and didn't ge home until 9. I am really tired and looking forward to some me time tomorrow. We elected the Alumni Hall of Fame inductees earlier this month and I need to send them all their information packets. That is my chore for the day. I have lost another pound...but am waiting until tomorrow to record it...maybe I will lose another. I am having serious PMS and I am struggling with DH irritation issues. Last night I thought I was going to choke him. I didn't say anything to him, just sat there and stewed on my anger. He was being really negative about every possible thing and I was tired. We have our own bedrooms because he snores like a bear and last night was a really good example of why having your own space is good sometimes.

Cottage: Yeah!!! Finally computer relief! Hopefully it will get fixed and you won't have to sic Jake on him.

Ruth: I can't believe you won a million dollars! That is incredible! [I know you were just playing along on TV, but I couldn't help it]

Jetsetter: I hope you have a great day and an even nicer weekend!

Rhonda: I hate selling a house...It is too nerve racking! What do you and DH do from home?

Kim: I am sending you happy house closing vibes!!!

Well chicks....have a lovely day
Old 04-26-2007, 09:22 AM   #12  
On The Beach!

Thanks amber! Your fajita salad concoction sounds really good! I'm not much of a cook and I'm not good at just throwing things together. Some of the recipes (like in the book) are just too involved!! Neeless to say, I've been scouring these boards and SBD board, too for ideas.

caryn - let me know if you find the Taco Salad recipe; if not, I'd be happy to post it or PM you.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:30 AM   #13  

Quote:
Thanks amber! Your fajita salad concoction sounds really good! I'm not much of a cook and I'm not good at just throwing things together. Some of the recipes (like in the book) are just too involved!! Neeless to say, I've been scouring these boards and SBD board, too for ideas.

caryn - let me know if you find the Taco Salad recipe; if not, I'd be happy to post it or PM you.
I also got the SB Quick and Easy cookbook, it has some good stuff and the recipes aren't too involved...I got it at our half price book store used, I am sure Amazon would have it too. I also got a lot of recipes from http://www.southbeachrecipes.com/
if you look on the right hand side it lists recipes by phase. I know what you mean, the last thing I want to do when I come home at night is slave away in the kitchen...easy is nice!!
Old 04-26-2007, 09:40 AM   #14  
On The Beach!

amber - OMG...I'm such a doofus! I have The Quck and Easy Cookbook and forgot all about it! I bought it when it first came out eventhough I wasn't on SBD! I just pulled it out.....thanks for rattling my cage!
Old 04-26-2007, 09:55 AM   #15  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
amber - OMG...I'm such a doofus! I have The Quck and Easy Cookbook and forgot all about it! I bought it when it first came out eventhough I wasn't on SBD! I just pulled it out.....thanks for rattling my cage!
I can vouch for many of those recipes in that cookbook....not because I cook , but because my Hubby has cooked most of them. Using Southbeach recipes has really kept Hubby and I going on this diet.

Sunny - Hubby and I work for a "major healthcare administrator." We telecommute from home and never have to go into the office. Its been really nice while the children are young, however, I'm seriously considering looking for a job back out in the public when I lose most of my weight. I miss interaction with people.
Closed Thread