South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 06:22 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default No Wimping Wednesday Chat - April 26

Good morning!

I'm up and at it early this morning but the coffee is made so grab a cup and chat a bit. The back deck is coolish but the sunrise looks good.

I'm off to the gym for 7:30 and still can't believe I'm doing this! My weekend transgressions caught up with me. Yes, I finally faced the scale this morning. Today is going to be a sloshing day as I glug my water. I have a cold thingie so that may help flush it out.

See y'all later and I'll catch up on the news.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday's Wake-Up Chat

Yawn, yawn, stretch, stretch, time to roll out of bed and start a new day. The sun is just now peeking over the hill, but it's not supposed to be around too long today, rain is moving in for the rest of the work week.
I came home yesterday with a killer headache from Maggie's crying. I found out later that Cindy had promised to take her out riding after lunch, but she forgot all about it. Well, Maggie didn't, and I had to carry her out to my car while she was screaming and listen to it while in the car line at Audrey's school, and all through Audrey's piano and dance lessons. At least Cindy was really sorry when she realised what happened!

So, today, first Curves, then waiting again to hear from the computer guy, I did call and send them a complaint letter. He's supposed to call this morning, we'll see...... Maggie starts gymnastics after school today, and was happy about that. I'm thinking maybe I'll make a meatloaf with smashed cauliflower for supper tonight.

What's happening on your Hump Day?
Old 04-25-2007, 07:50 AM   #3  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

good morning.... amazing what kids can remember...

busy day for me
I called in sick...i was with dh at the surgeon yesterday for an emergency removal of a 2.5 in infected cyst up close and personal to the family jewels... he feels much better with all that gunk outta him. of course he's on strong antibiotics for a week now...

i told him he could have anything he wanted for dinner.. he picked chinese food... so off i went to get it. I ate an egg roll and brown sauce along with my veggie soup (it's good crispy veggies in broth) and shrimp and veggies...

so i'm all bloated today... and yes i did treat for this... oh well... haven't had chinese in a long time... i also skipped the gym yesterday.

so today i will stay home, clean up the house, run some errands including getting gas for the grill... and i will hit the gym too.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone,
I'm checking in early today. I'm printing out some worksheets for DD's homeschooling. She's learning how to read. Today, is my usual day, homeschooling, cleaning and taking care of my 2 and 4 year olds. I decided instead of weighing myself today I will just wait to weigh myself next Monday which I believe will be the first day of P2 for me. I'm going to have my DH put the scale in the trunk of our car until then. lol
It sounds like everyone is going to have a very busy day. Good luck with staying OP.
Nessa-I hope your hubby feels better. My brother had the same thing happen to him except they actually had to remove one. But, don't pity him too much he and his wife just had their sixth child about 6 months ago. Yes, 6.
See everyone later,
Pohai
Old 04-25-2007, 08:54 AM   #5  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Beachers!

This is my second post...my last one got lost in the move. I'll have to make it a quick one as work awaits!

Ruth - Its great that you faced down the scales! You can do this!
Cottage - Here's a swift kick in the butt for the computer guy. Hope you get everything up and going today.
Nessa - Glad hubby is feeling better. Try to take some "you" time on your day off today.
Pohai - I love reading. I hope you DD enjoys her lessons and learns to love the world of books!

Nothing special happening around here today....just the usual work day. May I say that I'm feeling extremely energetic and optimistic today? Its amazing what getting the sugar out of my body and working out can do for me mentally and physically! I wish I had stayed on plan instead of wavering for almost six weeks. Fellow Beachers, if you're having a hard time getting focused, hang in there....it can get better! Quitting is not an option!
Old 04-25-2007, 08:59 AM   #6  
On The Beach!

Good Morning! Not much going on today, the weather's supposed to be pretty bad so I'll just be hanging around the house. I've already washed one load of clothes, so now I'm just sitting here enjoying my coffee.

Nessa - sorry to hear about your DH, hope he's doing well today.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-25-2007, 09:41 AM   #7  

Good morning! I'm off to a cranky start today for no good reason. The scale even cooperated and showed another pound lost, but I'm just on a short fuse. I'm hoping it will pass once I have some coffee.

Sorry to hear about your DH, Nessa. I hope he's feeling better soon!
Old 04-25-2007, 09:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 147/130/130

Height: 5'4"

Morning everyone!

I went clothes shopping last night, every year at this time I find myself looking at nothing to wear for this in between weather. I grabbed a bunch of tops that I thought would fit and went to try them on and they were too big!!!!!! That kind of made my day. We are working our way into phase 2. I have been eating strawberries after lunch, today wil be my 3rd day of that with no problem...and I think we are going to have sweet potatoes with dinner. I might put the bread and pitas I got in the freezer, still too nervous to give those a try. I am ready for cereal...but am really nervous about not staying as full as i have with eggs...maybe next week.

Nessa, I hope your hubby's recovery is a quick one!

Oh, can anyone tell me how I change the numbers under my name...I want to change the middle one to show my losses
Old 04-25-2007, 09:52 AM   #9  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedgirl77 View Post
Hey everyone,
I'm checking in early today. I'm printing out some worksheets for DD's homeschooling. She's learning how to read. ...Pohai
I teach computer lab in the mornings (300 five year olds) Have you checked into headsprout?
It is a really good program for teaching reading..the kids LOVE it.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:54 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 206/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone, hope your all having a great start of the day Wednesday! I found some time to post rather then just read but alas its limited so it will be short. I went away to NYC this past weekend and walked, walked, walked. I was concerned about staying on plan but didn't have a problem with it except for one little cheat. I figured with all the walking it wouldn't do much damage anyway, and thankfully it didn't seem to. I'm also thrilled that I have now lost 18lbs since starting SB (23 since deciding to loss). I've already met my April goal too and was worried it was unrealistic Ok, enough bragging from me its time to shower and then off to work!
Old 04-25-2007, 10:01 AM   #11  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
May I say that I'm feeling extremely energetic and optimistic today? Its amazing what getting the sugar out of my body and working out can do for me mentally and physically!
I'm with you...I haven't felt this good in a very long time..lots of energy and I also think it's the lack of sugar. There is a HUGE spread here in the Teacher's Lounge in honor of Secretary Day. Tons of cakes and other desserts and pot luck dishes loaded with no no's like creamy pasta etc. It actually looked REVOLTING to me..and creamy pasta and desserts are my at the top favorite things. I don't know if my mindset has changed or my body is telling me something, but it all looked gross except for a big spinch salad. I'm loving this.
My older son came home from LSU for a few hours yesterday to visit a friend. I hadn't seen him in a few weeks and he said "Mom! You're getting skinny again! I can really see it in your face and shoulders" Coming from him, Mr. Critical, it meant a lot.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:57 AM   #12  
Michael Ann 1973

Good Morning Chicks,

Ruth: Good for you on getting back to the gym. I hope you have a fun and energetic day!

Cottage: Crying kids and me are not a good mix. That is one of 2,000 reasons I don't have kids. I love em' when they are happy and well. Computer thing is a pain in the butt! Supper sounds delicious...I love meatloaf and smashed cauliflower!

Nessa: Sorry your DH had to go through that, mine would have been a basketcase! You enjoy your Chinese splurg...this is a lifetime plan...remember...

Pohai: I have to make myself wait to weigh in too...I am obsessed! I am sure that you will be really happy come Monday.

Rhonda: Thanks for the encouragement! You are awesome

bellaluna: enjoy your coffee

Caryn: Hope your coffee cheered you up and gave you a better outlook

amber: Congrats on the clothes...that is so much fun when stuff is too big!

femme creole: Good mornin' and what a nice son you have...he will make a fine husband some day

oopsmyhalofelloff: Congrats on meeting your goal! Brag all you want, you deserve it!

Me: Today, as always is busy! I am trying to tie up all my projects so they don't explode Tonight at 7:30 we are having a candlelight vigil for Virginia Tech...I am sure that will be very emotional. I just wanted to check in with all my chicks. Have a wonderful day!
Old 04-25-2007, 01:32 PM   #13  

Hi ladies! Just checking in to say I'm in much better spirits ... I guess I just needed some food in my belly. I finished my work for the morning and now I'm thinking about lunch ... I made a turkey reuben yesterday w/turkey breast, sauerkraut, diet thousand island dressing and melted cheese on top (no bread). It was quite tasty and I think I might have the same today.

Sounds like things are moving along well for everyone. Congrats on the losses and increased energy!!
Old 04-25-2007, 05:48 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Sorry for not checking in chickadees!

We got the house and are closing tomorrow @ 4:15 pm and are starting to move in tonight.

We've been stuffing envelopes all day at work and will be doing the same tomorrow and Friday. If I don't get a chance to check in, that's why.

Thanks for everyone's support during the house-buying process. I really appreciate -- you are all such a great family to lean on! Thank you so much!
Old 04-25-2007, 07:00 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Amber, to change your numbers under your name -

Click under the User CP on the left at the top of the page
Click under Edit Profile
Scroll down to where your numbers are
Put your curser beside the number you want to change
Backspace
Type in the new number
Then at the bottom of that page click on Save Changes

That's all there is to it!