South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 10:51 AM   #1  
Michael Ann 1973

Exclamation Personal Trainer

OK...I did it! I finally talked to a personal trainer at the "Y". His name is Jeremy and he sounds really nice. I told him that I wanted to wait a couple of weeks until I was a little more in shape to come in, but he said,

"Michael Ann [that's my real name ] and by the way, I really like your name, if you wait you won't do it. You are all pumped right now...so come on in. Most of my clients are total beginners. I had a lady come in six months ago at age 54 and she had never exercised and now she is little miss fitness! You are only 33 so you will be just great! I am excited about working with you". OK, it was about then that I was ready to marry the dude--sight unseen.

I said, "Ok, how about I come in Thursday at 5?" and he said, "AM", hahahaha I said, "Oh good Lord NO!!!". I told him that I might do that after I am 'broke' in, but right now that would be crazy. Dig this...

He said, "Oh, Michael Ann, you just don't know. When you get up first thing and get your muscles warmed up and going it makes your whole day better. You feel better, think more clearly and are in a better mood. When I miss my morning workout I am a mess."

OK...I am telling you all this because if I tell DH he will be like, "You aren't going to do anything with Mr. Rock Hard Jeremy." I have to keep this on the downlow...lol Watch me go on Thursday and Jeremy is like 4' 8" and butter. Ha...that would serve me right! LOL
Old 04-24-2007, 10:55 AM   #2  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

oh he sounds precious... good luck... and i do love your name.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:56 AM   #3  
Michael Ann 1973

Thanks Nessa...I like yours too!
Old 04-24-2007, 11:04 AM   #4  
Just...t.

S/C/G: 160/125 (135 on planet Earth!)

Height: 5'5"

Just to let you know I dreamed of naming my daughter (one day) Michael. But when I was prego last time DH and I could NOT agree on any names and I thought this might be my only chance to have a girl (we didn't know what we were having) so I wanted a girly girl name, so a Liliana I got. BUT I still think that Michael is an EXCELLENT girls name and your lucky your not a Tifani.
I hope Jeremy is tall and HOT!! Not some old uncle creepy type w/ the chest hair and gold chains-hahaha
I think you will love working out. I do, I just can't afford a gym membership. When I was in the army I worked out at the gym all the time and loved it! Wish I could get back in that kind of shape, of course I was 19 and had NO kids and lots of time and hot army guys to get my butt in gear at 4 am. Nothing motivates me like hot guys!!!
BEST WISHES!!
Old 04-24-2007, 11:12 AM   #5  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Thanks for the laugh, Sunny! Hubby says that, if I ever get a trainer, it must be a woman. I like the idea of a totally hot trainer!
Old 04-24-2007, 11:18 AM   #6  
Michael Ann 1973

Yeah, I think the hot factor will motivate me and I also think that I have moved past that akward phase where that would have freaked me out. I have been married for almost 12 years, so men don't freak me out like they used to 10 years ago.

Tifani, I have a free membership to the "Y" because the university I work at partners with them for fitness stuff. I only have to pay for the $20 training session. I plan on having him help me once a week. I like the name Tifani!

My original birth name was supposed to be Sunshine Moonbeam! Gotta love hippie parents...lol My Granny, Ann, freaked out and said I had to have a "real" name. So The Waltons had just come on and the mom on there, Olivia, was named Michael in real life...my Mom like it...so Michael after her and Ann after my Granny.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:50 AM   #7  
Just...t.

Sunshine moonbeam, LOVE IT!! I swear, no LIE, I was almost Echo Ditto. And I thought Tifani was bad- boy am I glad that they changed it!! I'm sure your Granny was elated that they used her name. My grands name is Erval(but she uses her middle which isn't much better), she would've been mad if they tried to saddle another kid with it! hahah.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:01 PM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I love your name!!! Both names I have a boys name too Kieran Bridget I had a trainer once but it was a tiny hairy italian man
a hot one would definitely be nice!
Old 04-24-2007, 12:07 PM   #9  
Michael Ann 1973

ECHO DITTO!!! too funny! I love it though...so literal. Hahaha

My Granny's first name was Delores...she hated it so she was always Ann.

Kieran...I love that name...so Irish
Old 04-24-2007, 04:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

Tifani Did I read it right, your daughters name cannot be Liliana! My 7 year olds name is Liliana too!!!! I wanted to name her Lilia which is Lily in Hawaiian but my DH didn't like Lily so I named her Liliana, Hawaiian for Lilian. It was also the name of a character in a book I liked and I can't even remember what book it was anymore. Anyways, my daughter always complains about nobody having the same name as her and she hates it.lol The last laugh is on my DH though because everyone calls her Lili.
Sunny- that was a great story. I wish I could get a trainer. Someone to kick me in the butt.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:04 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

EVERYONE'S STEALING MY NAMES! (Well, not really - since you have had your kids and I haven't. )

If we have a girl it will be Liliana Alani. (I like Echo Ditto, though -- wonder if DH will go for that )

Sunny: Your trainer story is too funny! I bet you'll love going! (And having a hunka-hunka muscle man to help ain't too shabby either!)
Old 04-24-2007, 05:06 PM   #12  
Just...t.

Browneyedgirl- Yep Liliana Elizabeth. And everyone does call her Lily (my grand calls her lilibeth) which drives me nuts. Have you seen "Snow White; A Tale of Terror" with sigourney weaver? Snow whites name was liliana which I have now heard is Hawaiian, Italian (my husbands fam. is Italian and knew several OLD It. ladies named Liliana) German and spanish. I think that's funny. I named her that and 2 weeks later found out that my BF from HS who I hadn't seen in 8 years had named her daughter that too-I was furious. When I saw her I mentioned the movie and she said that's where she'd gotten the idea too!! What a small world. So tell your daughter she is not alone, and I'm glad to see you spelled that with one L in the middle, everyone questioned me about the spelling and I was like, um, I've never seen it written out so I just wrote it however I saw fit. but I'm tifani w/ 1 f so it stands to reason I'd us 1 L. How funny!!!
Old 04-24-2007, 05:37 PM   #13  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

how funny i was supposed to be Sunshine. I ended up being Nancy which I changed at 29 to Nessa
Old 04-24-2007, 07:10 PM   #14  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Excuse me while I skip the name convo (my girls are Alexia Rae and Ella Morgan, btw )...

Sounds like you got a great guy! A trainer, hot or even not-so-much will totally get you motivated. I splurged on one years ago, and wish I could afford to do it again.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:27 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

I have to tell my daughter how popular her name is she will be so happy. Such a small world. I spelled my daughter's name as Liliana because there are no consonant clusters in Hawaiian. My daughters' names are Liliana,7; Ki'inani,4 and Alanna, 2. My youngest was named by my husband and although it seems like it's a Hawaiian name it's not because of the nn. I added the extra n because in Hawaiian, alana means sacrifice as in to a god. I thought that was bad karma so I changed it. My second daughter's name means rare beauty.
Closed Thread