Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 04-23-2007, 11:01 PM   #1  

Wink New nursing mommy trying to lose weight!

Hi everyone! I posted an introdution in the intro forum but I thought I'd introduce myself here as well. My name is Lori and I am nursing my almost 7 week old son. He is the only one of my children that I have exclusively breast fed. I am sooo loving it!

I am very glad to have found this site! I am hoping to find support and encouragement on my weight loss journey. I am very overweight and desperately want to get down to a reasonable weight and size.

I do not exercise at all. Every evening I say I'm going to start "the next day" and I never do. Something always comes up, like I'm up all night with the baby or something. My problem is I am full of excuses. It's hard to admit, but it's true.

What do you guys do for exercise? How about meal plans? I get so confused when I hear all the good carb, bad carb mumbo jumbo. I just want to find a simple, kid friendly meal plan. I have been staying away from the junk food aisles when I grocery shop. I can down a bag of chips right by myself! So, I try to just not buy the stuff.

Anyway, I'm always open to advice and tips on how to become and stay healthy and fit so I'll be around for a long time for my children and hopefully my grandchildren one day!

It's great to have found you and I look forward to "meeting" some new friends.

Lori
luvmy4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:15 AM   #2  
resident lactivist

Welcome! Come on over to our nursing mommies thread if you haven't yet; we talk there mostly.

My eating...Heh. Well, I know what I should be doing, but I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse.

The good carb/bad carb thing is basically this: whole grains are best for you. More nutrients, and they have fiber so it helps to keep you full for longer. Look for at least 3g fiber per serving (lots of foods seem to base their claim of whole grains on one single oat being waved near them; witness the General Mills cereals that still only have 1g of fiber/serving). The bonus, for me at least, is that whole grain foods have more flavor. Also, avoiding refined carbohydrates means you avoid junk food, and that'll get you far.
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote