Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-23-2007, 07:07 PM   #1  

Default Anyone has experienced this?

I tried to do Atkins for some times, and even though it did not work for me, I lost some weight at the beginning but not energy whatsoever.
Since saturday I have been counting calories and exercising.
I keep my calories to about 1200. I drink a lot of water. I exercise (or try to) from a long time ago.
My menu these days have been something like this
breakfast: 1 fit and light yogurt , 1 oz whole grain cheerios, 1 cup of fat free milk
snack: 10 grapes
lunch: salad and one vegetable , steamed with some olive oil or South Beach dressing (good fats and no sugar), 4-5 oz lean protein (such as salmon or chicken breast)
Same for dinner
I use splenda for my coffe and I eat sugar free jello (20 calories as dessert).
This couple of days I have not been very hungry and today my stomach have been making a lot of noises and going to the bathroom (#2) a lot.
Any input would be appretiated
carolva77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:12 PM   #2  
Eternally Optimistic

S/C/G: 218/215/140

Height: 5'4"

If your current way of eating is drastically different than what you were eating before, it may just be your body's way of adjusting to the change in food. I'd say give it a few days and see if things even out, so to speak.
SunnyDazeFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:19 PM   #3  
Staying on track!!

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/175

I agree that this is normal when you make big changes in diet... stick to it, and you will even out.
shyla2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:21 PM   #4  

Thanks!
Old 04-24-2007, 01:49 AM   #5  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Yep. Big changes in your diet, big changes there below as well.

And the contrary may be true for you as well, so be careful. I can't 'give myself a treat' so easily after a few weeks of eating in a healthier way, because depending on the treat, it'll... well. Let's say I'll be a little 'sick'. ^^;
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:43 AM   #6  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

You may also want to reassess what you are eating. You've got a lot of veggies in there! While I love my veggies, I have 5-6 servings a day but not more than that. I don't know how big your salads are or what you put in them though

As for your bathroom problem, I had that at some point, and it turned out it was the type of coffee I was drinking! I mentioned it to my doc and he said a lot of people have this problem with coffee in general. So have you switched your brand lately? Also, all those veggies might be making you gassy and not helping either.

How about switching things up a bit? Maybe some soup for lunch with baby carrots? Or some lean turkey or chicken on a low carb wrap with lots of veggies added in? If you are eating the same thing day after day that may be contributing to your energy issues.

If none of that helps, I would re-evaluate how many calories you want to get per day. If you are losing more than 1-2 pounds per week, you may want to up your calorie intake. It might help your energy level.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:48 AM   #7  

Quote:
You may also want to reassess what you are eating. You've got a lot of veggies in there! While I love my veggies, I have 5-6 servings a day but not more than that. I don't know how big your salads are or what you put in them though
My salads are normally : 3 oz (1 cup ) of leafy vegetables and 3 oz of either tomato or broccolli or other steamed veggie

Quote:
As for your bathroom problem, I had that at some point, and it turned out it was the type of coffee I was drinking! I mentioned it to my doc and he said a lot of people have this problem with coffee in general. So have you switched your brand lately? Also, all those veggies might be making you gassy and not helping either.
Well while on atkins I ate a LOT of veggies and never had that problem. I have been drinking coffee since I am 6 years old (I am from Colombia, land of the best coffee in the world) so I dont think is that either

Quote:
How about switching things up a bit? Maybe some soup for lunch with baby carrots? Or some lean turkey or chicken on a low carb wrap with lots of veggies added in? If you are eating the same thing day after day that may be contributing to your energy issues.
I will try that; it does make sense.

Quote:
If none of that helps, I would re-evaluate how many calories you want to get per day. If you are losing more than 1-2 pounds per week, you may want to up your calorie intake. It might help your energy level.
Actually my energy level is higher now than before, but I guess the switch from low carb, and high protein to low fat is making my stomach uneasy.
Thanks for your time and ideas!