Old 04-23-2007, 11:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/230/150

Height: 5'6

Question Naked Juice...

Ive been seeing them for some time now and it looks goo I just got a strawberry bannana smoothie and its very good.. tasting.. but is it healthy?
anyone know about these types of smothies you can buy at "health" food stores?
southernleftylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/233/137

Height: 5'6"

I don't know about all of them but there is a brand called "Innocent" their Strawberry and Banana smoothie is amazing - it is made entirely from fresh fruit, no preservatives colours etc (if you don't drink it asap it will go off, sure proof of no preservatives) and it is served in a 200ml bottle meaning it only contains about 100 calories.

I think there is a danger with lots of smoothies that they have a concentrated juice base, contain lots of sugar or have high fat yoghurt etc in them - its really important to carefully read the ingredients and check the volume. If the packet doesn't have all the info. on it pick another brand.
Lillibeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/230/150

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillibeth View Post
I don't know about all of them but there is a brand called "Innocent" their Strawberry and Banana smoothie is amazing - it is made entirely from fresh fruit, no preservatives colours etc (if you don't drink it asap it will go off, sure proof of no preservatives) and it is served in a 200ml bottle meaning it only contains about 100 calories.

Here is their site.. and they say that there is a pound of fruit in each bottle and no sugar added .. dang i wish i had the bottle lol
http://www.nakedjuice.com/main.php
southernleftylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:55 AM   #4  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Since I'm from California (where the company is HQ'd), I've had the chance to experience these fresh from the Naked Juice bars for several years. They are fabulous. But a little to easy to down, IMO.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:58 AM   #5  
New mom, aspiring DVM

S/C/G: 280/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I LOVE Naked juice! Mainly, it's one of the few reasonable options in the hospital cafe near my lab, compared to all the HFCS-laced "juice" cocktails and sodas and chips and all. That said, I consider it a snack or small meal rather than a drink - between 250 and 350 calories per two-serving bottle means it's a pretty fair boost for midmorning or midafternoon, but not something to assume is a great choice just becuase it's "healthy." At the same time, it's so tasty and rich that I often sip on it through the morning AND afternoon, so it lasts a while! If you're trying to limit sugars, this obviously isn't the best choice - while the sugars are natural, there's still a lot there.

Personal favorite is the "blue machine" - bonus of extra fiber and goodies! I tend to avoid the "energy" line, since they add guarana and other caffeine boosters, which I try to skip (all natural doesn't mean SAFE!). But, in general, I like Naked juice if I've underpacked on food or I'm on the run and need something to boost my blood sugar.
Rock Chalk Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:37 PM   #6  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I had the Power-C one a few weeks ago when I was sick. It helped.

I've had the Blue Machine one before, but was very very chagrined to taste banana. Blech! I HATE drinking banana. I can eat one no problem, but don't like it to drink. So I guess check out the label for no surprises.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote