Old 04-18-2007, 10:41 PM   #1  
Fresh Start

Height: 5'7"

Default Please Help........

This is my fourth week on the plan and I am down 4 pounds. It is very difficult for me to stick to the plan (purple) because of my work hours (8am to 10pm with no scheduled break)....any suggestions?
bcandace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:57 PM   #2  
LAWL Salt Police

Well, it's always hard when you're first starting out.. My first official act after starting was to go and get one final bag of fries from our local burger joint (that makes the BEST fries ever)...

What are your biggest challenges?

We have the ability to adapt, but we all need some advice and suggestions.. What is your COD telling you?

I'm on purple too and know what you're going through.. I've adapted to the changes in my diet and it's taken me a while, but it's working...

When you say it's difficult for you to stick to your plan, what do you mean exactly?
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:06 PM   #3  
Fresh Start

I usually do POP for breakfast (fiber one, soy milk, apple) first snack (lite,orange) and lunch (amy's rice bowl and salad). I usually cant get second snack and dinner in at a decent hour and end up pigging out after I get off of work at 10pm
Old 04-18-2007, 11:12 PM   #4  
LAWL Salt Police

There's got to be a way for you to take a break to have a decent snack/dinner.. What's your line of work?

Can you ask the boss/manager to let you have a consistant break, even if it's only for 15 minutes for "heat and eat"?

I sometimes cook up a bunch of chicken breasts and have them handy to take to work when I know I'm going to be busy...

Also.. about the pigging out... Make sure you get rid of any foods that will affectly you badly if you "pig out"... If all you have to snack on at home is fruit or veggies, then the pigging out won't be too bad..

Also, explain to the manager what you're trying to do and how it will help your work productivity if you're able to eat at a normal time.. Sounds hokey, I know.. But it might work!
Old 04-18-2007, 11:19 PM   #5  
Fresh Start

I'm gonna try something new tomorrow. I brought a digital watch and will set it for every three hours (that is when I will eat). That will allow me to get in my last meal around 7:30 or 8. As far as speaking to the manager...it would look pretty silly if I were seen talking to myself (pharmacist) ...... :-)

Thanks!
Old 04-18-2007, 11:24 PM   #6  
LAWL Salt Police

Ahhhhh.. Well, since you're the boss, you can tell yourself to take a break.. The best part is you can write yourself up for taking too LONG a break too..