Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-18-2007, 09:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/208.5/137.0

Height: 5'2"

Default Feeling Low....

I was so pumped up Sunday, determined that this was going to be a great week. That morning I was down another 3 pounds...Well this week isn't going like I planned and this morning..2.8 of those pounds are back. I've been doing so good. I think what set me back was that I am eating to late at night. I've ate for the past 2 nights at about 7:30-8:00pm. So pretty much all that stuck with me I guess. But it is really making me angry and depressed. I just don't understand why it has to be so hard. I'm still 100% committed and I am not going to let myself cheat, but I hate this moments where it feels like I am finally get up off the ground just to be kicked back down. I am SO tired being the girl with "a really pretty face". I want the whole package darn it!!! I wish I would have never let myself get to the point. It sickens me because I remember the journey I went through that got me where I am now...I would tell myself..Well, I won't let myself get to 200lbs...then it turned to 220lbs..then 230...250...and then I woke up 260lbs and hating myself more than I thought possible. I'm ready to stop hating myself..I just sure as heck don't know how.
Sheena696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:36 AM   #2  

Sheena first at all let me tell you you are very pretty!!!
I can only tell you, that every good choice you make is a little step towards goal. Please dont quit on yourself. You are worth to be whatever is that you want to be
Many hugz to you!
carolva77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:42 AM   #3  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Sheena!

Sounds like you could use a hug!

I KNOW how you feel because I started out weighing more than you. I KNOW how frustrating it can be! The start is hard because you haven't lost a lot of weight and you don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I KNOW. I have been there!

What helped me was to journal. I wrote and wrote. I made lists of all the things that I wanted to do. I made lists of all the things that I WOULD be able to do when I would weigh less than I did.

I read A LOT of weight loss books! I copied down good ideas, healthy ideas from the books into my journal. I set up a plan.

Start slowly...make some small changes. Small changes make for BIG RESULTS!

Try some of these:

1) Count calories

2) Drink more water

3) Walk, move more

4) Eliminate fast food, fried foods

5) Journal your thoughts, your plan

6) Come to this site often! We are all going though the same thing as you are. We are just at different places along the track!

You CAN do this!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:48 AM   #4  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

Height: 5'4

Sheena,

Today is a new day, this morning is a new morning, and so on. So what if you were off plan, dust yourself off and get back on. Don`t hate yourself for it, nobody is perfect. Make a plan and start again. You can definitely do it!
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:59 AM   #5  
Beach Babe Wannabe

S/C/G: 257/226/125

Height: 5' 4" - 51 years old

Sheena,
wow.. aren't you a beautiful girl!!
You know.. this is a journey.. not only a journey to lose the fat.. but to get to REALLY know yourself.. Look at each slip and see what you can learn from it.. and journal it.. and then make a few tweeks.. then.. have no regrets and move on.. (this is my very favorite statement!!!!)..
You will do it!!
You can NOT fail as long as you don't give up..
Runundefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:34 AM   #6  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Sheena -
Thinking of you Like others have said, you are VERY attractive (going by your avatar - that is YOU, right?! )

Hang in there!
Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:48 AM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

You know, Sheena696, sometimes I swear if a cloud happens to pass over my head my weight will go up two pounds. It is maddening, but I've come to expect fluctuations like that without letting it bother me. Now, if at the end of a week I am up more than two pounds... well... usually I know why that has happened.

Having a snack in the evening if you still have enough calories or points to spare is OK--just don't make the evening snack become more like a meal-sized calories fest. Choose something healthy if you can.

Look, you can do this. You're already doing it. The scale will go up and down, but if you track it, and you stay on your program, the overall direction will be down. You'll see. Stay with it! Keep going!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:53 AM   #8  

Thank you all for you support. I have my good days and bad days. This is a particularly bad one and your support means so much. It helped boost my spirits. And yes, that pic is me in my avi...I don't normally take pictures but I let that be taken on one of those good days I was talking about lol.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:27 AM   #9  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheena696 View Post
It sickens me because I remember the journey I went through that got me where I am now...I would tell myself..Well, I won't let myself get to 200lbs...then it turned to 220lbs..then 230...250...and then I woke up 260lbs and hating myself more than I thought possible. I'm ready to stop hating myself..I just sure as heck don't know how.
Boy, that's exactly what I used to tell myself! First time I lost weight, I went from 70 kgs to about 64 almost effortlessly (total change of regimen when going to college), and I swore to myself that I'd never go past 70 ever again. Yeah, right. A few years later, it suddenly became "Oh, 65... that's okay... 66? Still less than 70, right? Ah, 68... But it's still less than 70! Oh, oops... 75? Drats!" (And on a short frame like mine, it's already too much, hehe).

Anyway... We all have our highs and lows (else we wouldn't need support through this board to start with!), but the most important thing IMHO is to keep going, so... 100% committed no matter what, you're right, that's the spirit.

PS -- I don't know why, but when I see your picture, I tell myself you must have a very warm voice. Don't ask. I'm weird like that. ^^;
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Hey sheena I'm pretty confident that if you eat less calories and exercise more, you WILL lose fat. Unfortunately for us daily weighers, the body really does fluctuate by around 2 to 3 pounds in any given week. So if you lose weight and that is now your new "true" weight, you will still fluctuate up from there. You will notice over time that each week your fluctuating up a few pounds from your new lowest weight, but each week you'll be a lower high weight than the previous week. Some weeks you may not lose at all, and some weeks you may lose more than 1 pound. But over time you'll notice a steady trend downward and that's what's important.

So what plan are you following and what are you doing for exercise? The above downward trend of course only works, IMHO, if you're taking in less calories than you're burning. I do calorie counting and calorie deficit counting: when you reach a 3500 calorie deficit you should be expecting a pound lost right around the corner.

Keep your chin up. As everyone's said, you CAN do this. You'll find a lot of success stories around here and if they can do it then so can you!
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:50 AM   #11  

Height: 5'6"

Sheena - Don't be so hard on yourself! I personally eat my dinner at 5:00-5:30 PM each night, *but* I have a planned snack between 7:30 and 8:00 PM. The snack varies. Celery and baby carrots with salsa to dip them in, dry cereal, popcorn, fruit, sugar free frozen treat, or one of those 100 calorie packs. It really helps me to know that I have a snack, so that I don't have to wait until morning to eat again. Eating every 2 1/2-3 hours has helped me stay OP. You can do this!
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:06 AM   #12  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Torister, great snack ideas! And a good evening strategy.

Jay
Old 04-19-2007, 07:08 AM   #13  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Sheena, I know exactly what you are feeling like. Exactly. You've already gotten some great advice. I try not to focus on things that happened in the past, like how in the world did I get to be 287 lbs. Yikes!!!! What's done is done - history. I really try, although, granted sometimes fail, to stay focused on the present. One day at a time. One meal at a time. Get through the day, week, month and before you know it time is whizzing by and those pounds off start to add up and then you have made yourself a new history.

The scale can be very frustrating at times. Like has already been said, it fluctuates greatly over a weeks period. I think it's real important to find our weak spots and then work on them. If you are having difficulties in the evenings try and plan a small less then 100 calorie snack for then. And keep your mind off the food - read, journal, come to 3FC, drink a hot cup of flavored tea, exericse, straighten up the house.

I know for a fact that you can do this. I thought I would NEVER get a grip on my out of control eating. ANYthing is possible. You most certainly CAN do this. Hang in there. It is so very worth it. That whole package you are looking for - it's well within your reach.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:40 PM   #14  

Thank you all so much for the kind words. Today was definately a better day. I woke up to 1.8 of those nasty pounds that snuck back up being gone. In the past I would have let myself slip off of the wagon, but its like this time my mind is finally in the right place.
Right now I am low carb. I've done several diets and this is the only one that has ever worked for me. I first started low carbing back when I was 14 years old! I just never worked on the maintaining part. I will say I definately envy my younger self...the weight came off so fast. But of course I realize now that then I was that overweight. Though by high school standards I was. I don't get a chance to exercise much, but I am working on making time. There is no way I can fit a gym into my schedule though. I was once a member of Curves, really enjoyed that but the times they opened and closed here just didn't work for my schedule at the time. So, I have decided that I am going to start doing pilates and weight training. It just got some Pilates dvds and I have some things that I am expected any day now through the mail.

P.S. Kery..I hate my voice lol. And my accent is apparently very strong. haha
Old 04-20-2007, 07:42 AM   #15  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Yay! I'm glad those 1.8 pounds left!

Good for you for ordering those videos! I have friends who love Pilates. Also, do you have a YMCA around? They are not too expensive, and they have a variety in machines, weights, and classes. Anyway, it's a thought.

Never be ashamed of that Southern English, girl!

Jay