Old 04-18-2007, 09:04 AM   #1  
loves kleenex box art

Default Hoof prints in the sand

Are you all having warm weather yet? It's lovely here in Flawridder. I feel antsy, however, and discombobulated. I wonder if that's a real word.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:04 PM   #2  
Member w/ messiest house

Well, if you call 35 degrees warm, then yes, we're having warm weather. But it is nice to think about sand and sun and such faroff remote concepts.

That's some wild hair you got going there!!

My dattar and her beau are going to see Loreena McKennitt this weekend. We are jealous.

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:46 PM   #3  

It's in the 50's and rainy. Not exactly spring time weather, but if you blink it changes.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:05 PM   #4  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i aDORE loreena----when the girls were little we sat at her feet at a children's festival while she played the harp----wish i had a camera at the time---they were enthralled---i have her new cd and it's a delight----funny,dd's bf's parents went to see her earlier this month in Copenhagen---she was on cbc radio on monday and she sang live!!well,this world is getting smaller and smaller----i have a 'student led' conference to attend tonight----ds12 got all a's but he still wants us there--cute.
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:46 PM   #5  
I need more coffee.

S/C/G: 280/259/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi Bagzz! Actually kinda cool down here, really nice.
DixieAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:03 PM   #6  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

huh???? is this our old Cookie??
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:01 PM   #7  
I need more coffee.

Talking

Yeah, I'll be 47 this year.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:02 PM   #8  
fatter than U

Cool

Yessss! Cookie is back! How in the world ARE you, darling?

We've been having stupendous weather. It was about 80°F on the weekend and more coming up this weekend.

Discombobulated better be a real word because it describes exactly how I feel. Let's be discombobulated together, shall we, Peachy?
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:17 PM   #9  
I need more coffee.

Doing OK SP. My boys are getting big and feisty. DH got a steroid shot yesterday, so he is feisty and grumpy and I have PMS. The atmosphere in the house is a little tense but should improve in a few days.

Just noticed I need to redo my weight loss ticker and not in a good way.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:38 PM   #10  
Member w/ messiest house

Cookie!! How great to see you back here! Thought you'd gotten lost in the bayou or something. Many changes over the years, and yet things are much the same here.

I wasted, I mean spent, the afternoon entertaining some folks who dropped by. Not that I'm not glad to see them, but we do have a telephone....

I need to get outside. I think I have cabin fever.

What's for dinner, anyway?

Kiwi
Old 04-18-2007, 07:48 PM   #11  
loves kleenex box art

Mardi Gras Cookie? Wow. Welcome home.

My hair cutter person has cancelled on me twice. I stood up her once while ds was in hospital but that should be forgiven. And she didn't answer the phone all week til today. So I'm finally getting my hair cut (unless she cancels again) and I'll look like that picture again. Fluffy. Except not skinny. Bigger. Butted.

Where my best buddy Ellabelle?
Old 04-18-2007, 08:22 PM   #12  
I need more coffee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwonk View Post
What's for dinner, anyway?
Shake-N-Bake Barbecue Chicken... and I helped.

I see Lushie hasn't been around for a while.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:14 AM   #13  
Member w/ messiest house

Yeah, long time no see Lushie.

I made a delicious dinner using one of those glossy grocery store how-to-cook-our-food magazines. Simplest thing ever -- the original ("prize-winning!") recipe called for Italian sausage, sweet potato and grapes, which I changed to Kielbasa, white potato, onions, carrots and mushrooms. You just cut it all into chunks, toss it on foil covered, pam-sprayed baking tray with balsamic dressing, just enough to coat. Then bake it 20 minutes or so at 400, turn everything once halfway through and mix it up good. Recipe called for 30 minutes, my version was a little extra crispy at that point, but it was yummy anyway. I had it with cucumber and tomato salad.

My cat is staring at me. Now she's pawing at me. Now she's flicking her tail at me. Now she's mad--she looked away. I scratched her head--now she's staring at me again.

My life is so interesting.

Kiwi
Old 04-19-2007, 12:24 AM   #14  
loves kleenex box art

I enjoy cat stories. In fact, I want to tell one: My cat is staring. My cat is staring into space. Now he's staring the other cat. Now he's staring at me. Now, the other cat. Now, at me. (It's beginning to feel unsafe here.) Oh, now, he's asleep.

I wish I could tell you all about my job but I can't before you'll think that all I ever ever do is complain. The kids are so sweet .. and bratty ... but sweet. They LOVE the book Heckedy Peg. I do, too. They want me to be the witch which is ok if I don't have to chase them.

But here's one thing about the job. I was (not) briefly (enough) in a room of raised-by-wolves three-year-olds. Horrible. They hired a new teacher and she is a nice woman, large, tall, not fat, way big. She does not yell. She speaks softly. I saw her go to the worst of all these kids and tell him (at nap time) to put a toy back on the shelf. He did not. She reached down, took his arm and SWUNG HIM from as far as she could reach til he was the the shelf. He put the toy back and she SWUNG HIM back on to his mat. It was monkey like and very effective but disturbing. However, they are horrible and I don't know how to control them.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:12 AM   #15  
I need more coffee.

Two year olds and three years olds are scary.