Old 04-17-2007, 02:37 PM   #1  
Just gotta do it!

S/C/G: 251.2/246.8/156

Height: 5'7

Default New to 3FC and soon to WW

Hi! My name is Yvonne I'm 23, and a senior in college, and for the first time in my life (unlike all the other failed attempts) ready to make a life change to acheive a healthier ME! It has been a long road and I'm terrified that once again this will turn into a failed attempt, however I'm tired of my thighs rubbing together and shopping in the plus sized section and scared that I to like my grandmother will die of heart diesease or acquire diabetes. My whole life I have been overweight and with important events coming up in the later months such as a childhood friend's wedding and my college graduation I want to be able to walk with pride.
I have been researching through the library and online reviews of all the major diets and weight loss centers and I continually come back to WW. I am currently 256lbs and would like to lose 100lbs in a safe way with no certain date set. I would really like to join WW, but I don't know if online or in-person is the way to go. If I do chose to do in-person what can I expect cost wise, and the feel of meetings? Any advise or insight would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you for your support now and in the future
evonzie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:52 PM   #2  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi, Yvonne and

I joined WW last year in August for the 3rd time. I get a lot of support with this forum and the WW meetings. I've never done WW online, but I have a monthly pass which costs $39.99 per month and it's automatically deducted from a credit card each month until you cancel. Otherwise in this area the meetings are $12.00 per week. It's worth it to me. I'm happy that I came to the 100 lb. thread to visit. It's been awhile since I've been here.

You have come to the right place to get support. I have gotten so much from this website since I joined in March 2006. Post a lot and let us know what's going on with you.

Denise
GR8 2B48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:32 AM   #3  
the journey begins

S/C/G: 270/257/150

Hi Yvonne! Welcome to the beginning of your new and improved life! (Mine too!!) I know that this time will be THE TIME and am excited for us both.
I also want to thank you again for the great feedback ya gave me on my prior post.

I'm trying not to let myself become terrified like every other time - because when I do that, I set myself up for failure! I must believe in myself that I will not mess up this time, that I will stick with it. It's the only option I'm giving myself. I'm way too tired of failed attempts, of if-only, wishful thinking and everything else that goes along with being overweight.

Thigh friction....gaaaah....I hear ya!! That's something I can't wait to go away. Even if it doesn't disappear all together (as I can never remember having a "space" there) I will be happy as long as they aren't SO chubby, pressured, tight together.... I'm sick of wearing out my pants in that area WAY before the pants are actually worn down.

Just think. The clothing options will be endless. We'll be able to go to any store we want to. Sales racks! Sizes available anywhere. That thought alone makes me want to get up and hop onto the dreadmill ahem treadmill. But I won't since it's nearing 1AM, lol.

I'm here for ya, girl. We're gonna be major losers!
Amberoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:32 PM   #4  
Unzipping my new self!

Height: 5' 5"

HI Yvonne ~

I can completely relate to where you are coming from and together we can get to a new place. Healthier and thinner.....
Country Charm is offline   Reply With Quote