South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 12:04 PM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Default New to SBD Forum

Hi Everyone,

I'm a regular over on the 100lb support forum, but I'm feeling the need to connect with those of you that follow the SBD plan. I started SB on January 1st and was doing great. Somewhere along the line, I've strayed off-plan and am just now getting back on track.

As you can see from my tracker, I have a long way to go before I reach goal. Has anybody here lost over 100lbs on SBD? I considered adding calorie counting to my plan..and tried entering everything into Fitday yesterday, but I'm not sure I can do that forever. I found myself thinking too much about food and calories. What does everyone else here do? Do you count calories in addition to following the plan? I lost the first 20 lbs by just eating Phase 2 foods...no fruit yet...and getting cardio exercise for 60 minutes a day. I'm just not sure if I can lose all of the weight that easily.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:15 PM   #2  
Just...t.

S/C/G: 160/125 (135 on planet Earth!)

Height: 5'5"

That is the beauty of SBD NO calorie/carb counting. Just follow the rules. Congratulations on your progress. I think you'll find theres a lot of great support here. Welcome, look forward to seeing less of you later!
Old 04-17-2007, 12:40 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome, Girly. I've seen you around and know you will be an asset to this group.

Beachgal has lots more than 100 pounds on South Beach. She's a MOD in here and has lots of great ideas and advice. I am not exactly a success - back to Phase I this week! However we do have lots of Beachers who have lots large amounts by sticking with the plan. Barb comes to mind but there are others too.

Some of us DO count calories, especially when we feel we are stalled. It's pretty much up to you. Are you sticking with Phase II or going back to I?

You'll find a wealth of information in our FAQ section.

See you around.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:51 PM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

hi i'm not here much but i've been on the beach for nearly a year and I've lost nearly 50 pounds in that year with very little effort.

right now i've tightened up i redid phase 1 due to cravings and i'm in my third week of phase 2 so i'm up to 2 fruits and a grain per day... I've also added exercise both cardio and weights and i'm drinking 3 quarts of water per day or at least trying to.

IT can be done. it's SLOW... maddeningly slow but it does work. also eating this way my numbers (blood sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure have improved)....
Old 04-17-2007, 03:58 PM   #5  

Welcome girlygirl and ladybugnessa. Congrats on your losses so far and keep up the good work!!
Old 04-17-2007, 04:08 PM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

GGSebas!

Glad to have you with us...it's always nice to have a long time 3FCer here on the Beach! *waves over a cabana boy and asks him to get GGSebas a towel and a frothy SF drink* Settle in--we have lots of room.

Yes, I've lost over 120 lbs on SBD. It took me about a year and a half, then I maintained for the last year and a half (just wasn't working very hard at losing...I still had 25 to go) and due to going off plan over the holidays and during a trip in Ireland (those darn Irish Coffees with real cream!!! ), I gained back 20 lbs. I'm working on getting rid of those right now and it's going pretty well so far...

I do count calories some of the time, but more so I can get a better feel for portion size and the reasons behind what's happening on the scale. If I had to do it everyday, it would drive me mad, I think! But I lost the first 120 without counting any calories. I did exercise regularly...cardio and strength training...and I ate tons of veggies. I drank a TON of water (at least 64 oz a day...I actually did it every day by keeping a huge cup of water next to me at work...whenever I wanted to snack, I just drank more water. It helped.). I set regular mini goals with non-food rewards. Everyone around me knew what I was doing and I was fierce in not letting anyone sabotage me. I became a lot more willing to ask for special items in restaurants and I read every label of every thing I bought at the grocery store (and lots that I had to put back because they weren't SBD safe...it's scary what was in some of my once favorite foods! )

We have several people who've lost a lot of weight on this plan...and I'm sure you can too!

I read a great saying once that said something like, "It doesn't matter if you fall down if you pick up what you find while you're down there." (bad paraphrase...sorry!) Basically, take the time to figure out why you went off plan this time and what you can do to make sure you won't fall into that trap again. Learn from your mistakes and they become really valuable experiences!

Looking forward to seeing you on the beach!
Old 04-17-2007, 05:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

GirlygirlSebas!
Old 04-18-2007, 08:48 AM   #8  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Thank you, Everyone! It is so encouraging to see your successes with SB...and I've re-decided that this is truly the plan for me. I'm glad to connect with fellow Beachers and look forward to getting to know all of you.
Closed Thread