South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 07:11 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Check-In - April 17

Good morning!

I am pleased to announce that it is not snowing here! I hope we've seen the last of it but it is Canada and it is April! It's just above freezing and it's raining but the weatherman says sunshine may show up by the end of the week. I sure hope he's not lying this time so as the Maple Syrup Festival is this weekend.

Lots of the snow has melted so I'll be on the road today taking my planters to the Greenhouse for a good start and then doing the circuit delivering school packages - finally! My Living "Well with Chronic Pain" course is tonight and I have four chapters to read! Early supper because the class starts at 6:30!

How is your Tuesday shaping up? Are you underwater in your area?
Old 04-17-2007, 08:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Where is everyone? I know I'm later than usual, but is everyone sleeping in today?

I was having computer problems earlier, then I went to Curves, so that's I've been up to. Now I have a pot of steel-cut oats simmering on the stove for breakfasts for the next few days. It's finally stopped raining here, too, Ruth, for at least now, anyway. It's still in the forcast up til Thursday, though. It wasn't too bad in our immediate area, but there were a lot of downed trees and power outages, and a lot of roads closed due to flooding. A town only 9 miles west of us got 8" of snow!

Nothing much is happening around here today, I'm just going to putter around the house this morning, and this afternoon I'll be attending Maggie's ballet recital before picking up Audrey for her piano lessons, then there's more ballet and tap. I'm starting to look forward to Tuesdays, they always go by fast with all the running around I have to do. Supper this evening will be the Mexican Chicken recipe.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Height: 5'7"

No snow here either, but it has not gotten into the 40* yet! Maybe we could get the rain to stop as well - it is just so darn wet!

Well, I have excercised for the day - and the scale went down 3 pounds from yesteday (my weekend of drinking and partying was certainly to blame!). I am forcing myself to be focused and stick to Phase 2 this week - not even any little cheats, and lots of water. If that does not help, I will do a week of phase 1 to get back on track, but I already feel better today!

This will be a long day - the day inthe office, a "come find roommate for next year" meeting at 8:15 pm, a staff meeting at 9:30pm and on call until tomorrow. I would say I was happy it was all over in one day, but knowing I am also on duty all weekend (4:30 pm on Friday until 4:30 pm on Sunday - with rounds until 3:00 am both nights ) means such positive thinking is a little hard.

Ally
Old 04-17-2007, 09:25 AM   #4  
Just...t.

S/C/G: 160/125 (135 on planet Earth!)

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Chicks! Just a quick note to say that all is well on the nature coast. I have my office door opem, it hasn't warmed up too much yet and ther is a nice breeze. Plus I like to let in the sun and turn off these awful florescent lights.
I have definitely lost in the past five days, somewhere between 5 and 8 pounds(I weighed on 2 different scales, but far enough apart that even though they were different they both could have been correct). I think I'll put 5 on my tracker and see where I am at the end of P1- 5 days down 9 more to go.
Gotta go get something for breakfast. I want a pop tart.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good Tuesday morning, chickadees!

I decided to make time to post this morning as my day really doesn't go as well when I don't get to chat with all the wonderful people here. So, let's pull up a chair, grab a cuppa joe and have a chat!

No word on the house yet. Our close-by date is April 23 and we're starting to get really anxious. Still waiting on the appraisal, then we need a survey of the lot and then we're good to go. We already have a pretty big crew on stand-by for moving day, so that's good. We'll probably bbq after all the hefting around to thank everyone.

Work is still busy, but I've decided to just get what I can done and not worry about the rest. I'll let bossman deal with it when he gets back.

Ruth: NO MORE SNOW!! YAY!! (<-- I love that little chunky butt!) I hope the snow stays away and you have some fun at the maple syrup festival!

cottage: Supper tonight sounds yummy! 8" of snow in the middle of April is hard for me to fathom. I'm glad ya'll avoided the worst of it!

amasam: I do not miss those on call nights in the dorms. Those really are a motivation killer! Good job getting your workout in and getting rid of that weekend water-weight! I'm considering a revisit to P1 if things for me don't get better as well.

tifanicole: Great job with your loss in P1 so far! Isn't that water-flush great?! I wish we could open up the doors in our office. It's a historical building, so we're not even allowed to open the blinds for fear that it will damage the paint! WHAT!! That's ridiculous! They're a little overly proud of the building, dontcha think? Have a great day and sorry for my rambling!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday! Let's all have a wonderful, beachy day!!
Old 04-17-2007, 10:09 AM   #6  
Lauren Elizabeth

Height: 5'4"

Red face Day 7!

Day 7 of Phase 1 for me!

I only wanted 1 SBD Peanut Butter cookie yesterday! (I thought they were going to be an issue when I baked them, since the limit is 2 a day...I don't know where all this willpower is coming from). I kind of want to weigh myself at this point, but I am afraid to know what the number is. I don't know where I started, either. I think I will weigh myself when I get to my clothes size goal.

Had grilled fish and half a bag of caulifower and broccoli for dinner last night (an entire bag of these frozen veggies has 125 calories...that's amazing!). Went to bed kind of starving a few hours later, but it was late, so I just sucked it up and went to sleep.

It's still very overcast here, but no rain yet!

Have a great day, everyone!!
Old 04-17-2007, 10:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Good morning everyone! CONGRATS to all of you who are seeing the scale move. It's a little chilly here in GA at 50 a break from the low 80's weather and humidity. It's good to hear that the snow has stopped for most of you and it's getting a little warmer. I personally have never seen snow. I always wanted to but I think I'd much rather experience it when it's not in storm form.
Today, is a slow day for me as is every Tuesday.
Good luck on the beach chicks
Old 04-17-2007, 10:39 AM   #8  
Just...t.

S/C/G: 160/125 (135 on planet Earth!)

Height: 5'5"

Lauren- See, what'd I tell you? Success!! We should take heart in our every day successes and we will plug our way toward the big thing. I was right there with you-going to bed hungry. My little chick kept me up till around 12 watching Elmo, so I was starting to get hungry again. I thought about grabbing a snack but was too tired to move off the couch, I figured it was probably for the best.
Kim- Best of luck with the house, when we bought ours the owner was out of town on a business trip and moved our closing back a week which meant that I was going to have a baby before we closed- We happen to do work for the builder/owner and my dad called his super and was like "these kids HAVE to move in this weekend. If you talk to Vince, tell him we need keys!!!" and the supervisor came over in like an hour w/ keys so we moved into a house we didn't actually own 2 days before I had an induced labor. It was CRAZY- so just think of how bad it COULD be.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:52 PM   #9  

I just had a great, great, great workout! 5 miles on the elliptical plus weights. I haven't had my coffee yet so I'm going to brew some up and have a late breakfast. Ahhh!

I have a project I need to tackle for work so I'm going to dive in when my little one goes down for a nap so this afternoon we can go outside and play later. It's in the 60s here today and it's beautiful!!

Have a great day, everyone!!

Last edited by carynm; 04-17-2007 at 03:59 PM.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:56 PM   #10  

I can't believe Wood Badge is almost here. I'm so excited. I've spoken to three of my patrol members and I still need to talk to the rest. I picked up some odds and ends and will load the car tomorrow. I've been practicing the knots I will have to teach and the presentations.

So far I have been totally OP today. I heard the candy jar in my aisle being filled earlier and I've been totally avoiding it. Tomorrow I work from home so there should be less temptations. I've got to start losing again since I've really gained quite a bit over this winter. I do NOT want to post another gain this month.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:14 PM   #11  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hey chicks sorry I have not been around but have been busy, dance, cheerleading, dentist, and the list goes on, the two months are really busy for me with all the dance stuff ending for me and then all DD's dance stuff ending, a trip to Halifax, coming up in three weeks, and two more cheerleading competitions. Anyhooo just wanted to pop in and say Hello. I will be in as much as I can. Just didn't want you guys to think I jump ship. Love yas LC
Old 04-17-2007, 07:35 PM   #12  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Good evening, chicks. Hope y'all ended up having a great day. It started out nice and sunny this morning, but turned rainy and nasty about noon. Yuck!!

I'm doing okay so far back on P1. I'm definitely getting enough veggies and water. Came home this afternoon and did the TurboJam 20 minute DVD. Makes 3 days in a row for actually getting in a decent amount of movement (did a bit of extra walking at work, too). Will it make a difference? Only time will tell, I suppose. I got a new pair of shoes, and they definitely make a difference in the way my feet feel. I'm pretty sure the last pair was too small. They were fine for everyday wear, but my feet would go numb when I did more than just walk...it was especially bad on the elliptical. I'm really happy with the new ones so far.

Well, I'm off to wind the girls down for bedtime.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:12 PM   #13  

Height: 4'10"

Talking

Hi Everybody...thought I was lost? We have been in Indaina for 3 days and no service on my phone, only 1 bar, so that means no internet. I felt lost, like the old days...no phone, no computer, oh but I did get 2 channels on my tv....good thing I liked what was on at nite...LOL..

Been doing great the last few days..I did add fruit back in We stopped at WallyWorld to restock, I bought some grapes, bananas, and some cereal, I bought whole wheat cheks, their pretty good, had some this morning...LOL we are at a Petro Truck Stop right now in Wi, went in to eat, they have a stir fry (chicken w/broc over rice) I ordered that and told them no rice...Waitress said "No Rice do you want noodles" no all I want is the stir fry..she was shaking her head as she walked off...so I had a nice salad and the stir fry. was ok not the best cut of chicken I have had but ok. oh and we eat at a cacker barrel yesterday, they have a menu of low carb/no carb makes ordering alot easier, wish we could get into one more often. Too bad more rest. do not offer that...Maybe we should all start an email campaign to them ...

I am having a little trouble making sure I drink my water...I have my coffee, also give myself treats of Coke Zero..also I love diet Big Red...they are yummy...I am going to really have to work on the water.....
I will quit yaking now....can you tell I have been in the truck with Hubby for a week....no one to talk tooo...but him.... and he gets boring...
Closed Thread